The best GROUP camping near
Bald Head Island , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Bald Head Island Camping Reviews
Beautiful views and sunsets!

Most incredible views with easy access to beaches, restaurants and groceries. Pier for fishing and water access for canoeing or kayaking! Beautiful sunsets!

Great first KOA experience

Everything was clean, staff courteous, and check-in process was easy (after hours). Not a single complaint.

best rv park at myrtle beach

We have stayed at Carolina Pines 4 times with the last time being for a month. It was a wonderful experience with the staff providing activities, especially on the weekends. There are 4 pools and a water park for the kids. During the summer weekends they provide pool service for drinks which is really nice. Electric golf carts are allowed and they have rentals on site. The resort also has a beach house directly on the beach with shuttle service. Sites are well maintained. We will be spending New Years week there and understand that it is completely full!  This has become our go to beach resort.

Great feel for an urban campground

My family and I stayed here for a week in November. My wife worked from the road while I taught school. The WiFi was strong and the employees were helpful and informative. The laundry was acceptable but expensive. I liked that we were able to have family dinners and experiences while still staying socially distant. Our site was a pull thru which was great.

We would definitely stay there again if visiting Wilmington.

Close to the Beach and the City

We camped here when we went to Wilmington for a 5k. We stayed here for just one night and had a good time. The campsites are close. The camp store had everything you needed in case you forgot something. It is in a high trafficked area so don't look for peace and quiet. The playground was awesome and included a cool wooden pirate ship. The grandkids loved it! It was a nice place to stay for the night. The staff were friendly and helpful

Nice park

This is a gigantic park with so much to do for families. My husband and I and our dog were there for a week over Thanksgiving holiday. Our campsite was perfect. It was under the trees and spacious. However we were on the main road and there was a constant flow of RV traffic the entire time. The facility was full, which I think can handle 1800+ rv’s. But for families this is a perfect park especially being so close to the beach. Just too busy for us. Also for this size park I would have liked more areas to be able to walk the dog on grass. The park was very clean and the people were friendly.

Awesome campground

Loved the views of the water.

Great Urban Setting

Sites were open and level. All roads were One Ways which was nice for flow. WiFi was strong and reliable, actually quite surprisingly nice). Firewood was a bit expensive.

Laundry was acceptable but not impressive. Playground was nice with many apparatus but the ground was all sand (not my favorite).

We were close to groceries and many amenities. I only wish were were closer to the beach but that’s not their fault. We would definitely stay here again.

Simple But Fine

If you're heading here to visit the beach, it's a great spot. You're about a five minute drive to the beach which is very convenient. The staff was very friendly and helpful as well and they had a massive selection of movies to rent which was cool. The campground itself was fine, the spots are a little small and it's next to some sketchy looking properties. Some great restaurants in the area as well.

Hidden in Holden

Close to the beach and easy to find backside parking. Do not let the drive deter you, it was an easy daily drive. Had a site next to “permanent bathroom” and trash area. So the smell wasn’t the best towards pickup time. The spots were nicely landscaped and we felt cozy. Lots of long term campers which gave it an odd mobile home vibe though. Photo shows how close we were to bathrooms….