Ansonville , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Ansonville Camping Reviews
Peaceful and quiet

Nice spot with lots of space

Great spot there’s some open areas to camp before you get to the water. You need a truck or something big to get down to the water unless the re-did the road. There’s a few campsites surrounded by trees but also a large open area that can hold multiple vehicles

Excellent Campground

Awesome location, very remote and the sites are Huge so no need to worry about a neighbor being close. I stayed at site 11 easy access to the water and great views. Lost of fishing and hiking paths close by. Great camp overall. Highly recommend.

Love this place.

Very close to my home. I hike in to the remote campsite on the lake. Lots of fishermen and trash since the scum can’t seem to pick up after themselves. The cabins here are also great. Clean and nice location. I would suggest the overlook cabin. I generally tent camp and the Point, not many know of this location as it’s a decent hike in. Great place.

Nice sites

The tent sites nice and clean and level. The host drove through many many times in the 3 days I was there. Bathrooms are what you can expect from a state park clean with little bugs here and there but nothing you can do about that in the middle of the woods. Overall great place good four-wheeling and nice accommodations

Excellent camping for both RV and Tents

Morrow Mountain State Park is a family camping ground for all ages and has an in ground swimming pool plus a boat launch.  I enjoyed tent camping with my family and fishing on the lake.  There is a large public swimming pool and each camping area has toilet and shower facilities.  You can burn fire wood in pits and there are grills for charcoaling BBQs.  The highlight to a early morning wake up are having deer walking through your camping site.  There was a loud whipperwill sounding off with echoes coming from the hillsides.  It is a first come first serve and there is a small fee collected by a Park Ranger.

Unlevel & messy

We made a mistake. My wife and I are moving to North Carolina, and we were looking for a place to stay for a month in the Asheboro area. I checked around and Deep River was the only local campground with long-term sites available, so I made the reservation. The owner, Scott, was very helpful throughout the reservation process and we thought we were going to have a good experience.

When we showed up, Scott met us at the office and he took us to the "most level site" he had available. I was a little concerned from the start because the sewer pipe was sitting at a 45 degree angle and it was half buried in the ground. I had to help dig out the pipe and when I looked inside I noticed the connection was broken and any drainage would  have leached directly into the ground. Additionally, the sewer connection was more than 40 feet from the center of the site and I only carry 30 feet of line, so we had to back way up in order to hook-up. Unfortunately, that meant that our primary slide was within 3 feet of a giant pine tree so there was barely enough room to open it. Another problem with being so far back in the site was how unlevel the camper was. It took a while for me to get the trailer unhitched and by the time I had it nearly level, I had used all of my blocks and the jack was extended to the maximum height. Needless to say, I did not feel very comfortable with the arrangement and I was really starting to question whether or not to stay.

Then I started looking around at the site and there was trash everywhere with broken pieces of metal and half chewed dog bones strewn about. I looked at my wife and I could tell she was not happy. So I got on my phone, called another campground and made reservations. Scott was understanding, he tried to talk us into trying another site but by that time we had decided to move on. I will give Scott credit, he didn't charge us a cancellation fee, so that was good.

A quick note, the WiFi was limited to close to the office and we would have had to pay Spectrum for a monthly internet connection. Also, Verizon cell coverage was weak.

Serene in the Spring

These lakeshore sites within the forest were simply stunning. We spent three nights enjoying our campground on Badin Lake. The sites were large and could accommodate most sizes of trailers in addition to tents.  No hook-ups, so BYOS (bring your own solar).  Water spigots are scattered throughout the campground.

The bathrooms are perfect for our pandemic times because they are single use, both toilets and showers. We found them clean and comfortable, and even heated during the early spring -- not something we expect for less than $20 a night.  They take reservations, but could easily accommodate walk-ins as well.

While the area offers so many different kinds of recreation, the Uwharries are known for OHVing and can get very busy during the summer.  There are trails for days within these stunning mountains that serve as the foothills for the Appalachians. Horse trail riding is second on the list of activities within the park judging by the number of trails. Sharing these trails with horses isn’t difficult if you’re just hiking, but remember to be kind to those riders since horses can be skittish. Moutain biking is also not to be left off the list, and there are some great trails through here as well, that you don’t have to share with the motorized enthusiast. Boating is another great way to enjoy the lake, we kayaked right from our campsite and didn’t experience a lot of motorized traffic.

Clean,affordable, and friendly staff

Took a weekend trip to Deep River Campground in Asheboro, NC. Very well kept, level spots, pet friendly, big rig friendly with pull through and back-in sites available. Full hook-ups (50 & 30 amp). Fire pit and picnic tables at each site. About $40 a night, no deposit required. With weekly and monthly rates as well. 2 pools (currently closed due to covid), game room, store, and private pond. Located minutes away from multiple trail heads. We were on lot 20, which is a double space designed for a larger rig, very private with lots of shade.

📷 @packupandgo_rv

Not a real camping site since 2017

Anne Springs Close Greenway is NOT really a camping site, you are NOT allowed to camp since 2017. They are making remodeling since then. They have 2 camp events where families can do some very basic camping (ideal for 1st time campers). Bad think 1st time campers think is a picnic day, they are loud and bring canopies, even large speakers. Organizers are top of the line friendly and enthusiastic, thousands of acres are clean and well maintained with access to ok restrooms, fishing spots and a very nice restaurant inside. Greenway is kind of a nature COMERCIAL area.