The best GROUP camping near
Argyle , NEW YORK

Most Recent Argyle Camping Reviews
Great Campground

Very clean and well manicured Campground. Friendly. Helpful staff.

Best kept secret. Tucked away

Awesome camping resort. Seasonal rates are excellent. We stayed from April until October then decided to stay over winter. They have a small winter section. You'll have the entire mountain side all to yourself! Snowshoe, cross country ski. Winter campfires. Owners Mike and Sherri are great. Dumpsters, laundry with coin machine. Very remote. Windy as all get out. Elevation about 1409 feet. View of the sunrise over the entire valley are awesome. Very very cool place. Some summer residents are a bit into their music, mostly on weekends. Bring your golf cart and beer cooler 🙄. Cov… I'm not saying that word, reduced activities here but it was still awesome. Two ponds to fish in, one you can swim in, kid friendly small pool, horseshoes and huge field to hit golf balls in with 3 holes. Pet friendly. Kid friendly. Huge club house and store that was closed for the big. Arcade, grill, pool table and small store. Lp gas. Wifi is so so. Backed up to state forest land. Enjoy!!!

One of the best NY State campgrounds

The campground is located on the shores of Northern Lake George (Huage NY). It's worth noting that the campground is located about 30 miles North of the village of Lake George. You are a few miles from Ticonderoga NY (which has a super convenient Walmart). Before the pandemic, the campground let a local man come in and sell wood and ice. Not pricey but super convenient. When I camped Summer 2020, they did not allow the wood guy in. It was a bummer but wood is easily purchased along Lake Shore Drive. New in 2020- Verizon customers have strong cell service. I am T mobile and I did not.

The bathrooms are super clean and well maintained. Always stocked with Toliet Paper. Reservations are done online. Easy and convenient. Prime sites reserve quickly even on none Holiday weekends. It still feels less crowded then most campgrounds. There is a hiking trail which located in the campground. The view at the top is breathtaking. So worth the Hike and not supper hard. See pictures. The Lake itself is undoubtedly the clearest lake I ever seen. Simply beautiful! (Wish my pictures would upload). We return every year.

One of my favorite places on earth 🏕🏞

small and friendly State Park with plenty of things to do

Drove in on a whim and were pleasantly surprised by how well the staff accommodated us. We managed to get a prime leanto site right on the river. We were only there for an overnight but we will be back. In the Spring the water is released behind Ball Dam, creating a white water adventure. The prime lean-to sites on the water are beautiful and spacious.

Great camping spot

We used this as a base camp for doing some day hikes nearby. Bathrooms were clean, it was pretty quiet, and most of the sites were separated by 10-20 feet of trees. The sites are not big, but easily fit 2 cars, 2 tents, and still had plenty of room around the fire ring. The lake was also a great place to cool off after a hike.

Lots to do

Stayed 1 night passing thru. Mike and vicki were friendly. Electric and water hookups. WiFi was great. Cable tv hookups, also. Dump station on site was convenient. Also, they had propane there, so I topped off. Beautiful campground. They’ve clearly been upgrading. Roads have fresh gravel. Sites are level and clean. Bathrooms are clean. Get a site on the river 👌🏻. Very close to Lake George activities and attractions.

quaint but muddy

The park is a quaint little place that reminds me of an older state park. No full hookups, sites are decently sized for the most part. The roads within the park are very narrow and washed out in places. The 30 amp electric had high voltage and my surge protector wouldn't let it through, I used the 50 amp instead and it was fine. The sites are all dirt and it rained all day and it turned to all mud. Some sites were underwater. The staff was extremely friendly and check-in was quick and easy(lucky, since it was pouring rain). It was very quiet but it was off-season and during the week. My Garmin put me about 1/2 mile away from the entrance. Look for the little blue"Mt. Greylock" signs to guide you down the dirt road to the camp entrance.

large campground on a beautiful lake

Located at the northern end of Lake George and about 7 miles south of Ticonderoga, Rogers Rock is a boater’s paradise. I was here midweek, so it wasn't packed, but I image when it's full that it may be noisy - and not just from the people. Look carefully at the map when choosing your site. Many of them are near the main road. Sites aren't particularly level or large. Cell phone coverage is spotty, I was getting 1-2 bars with Verizon.

There's a boat inspection station, boat ramp, and mooring as well as a beach. Ticonderoga offers some history and is worth a half-day visit. Lake Champlain isn't far away, either.

Easy tent camping

Stayed here for a night with a group of friends prior to heading up to the AT. It was late fall, so things were quiet and we weren't using all the amenities. But it was exactly what we were looking for. Easy to park and setup the tents, we had an RV spot so there was power, and a nice little fire pit. Bath house was a short walk and had no problems.