The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Alexander , NEW YORK

Camping New York Alexander Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Alexander Camping Reviews
Gorgeous park, decent camping

This park is absolutely breathtaking and is one of my absolute favorite places on the east coast. The camping is all right; it's mixed tent and rv, but the cabins are great and they're a pretty good deal. Many feature heating and are available even in colder months. Camping isn't too expensive and the facilities are well-maintained.

Nice campground, walking distance to the lake

We visited this park in 2018 on our 15th wedding anniversary trip out to New England-1st stop Niagara Falls and found this gem. The sites were nothing to write home about, but the Lake was a small walk away from our site. Electric site only, but water and dump on site.

Would have stayed longer

But I was there in early October for only one night on my way through. It was a busy place with lots of RVs, but my campsite was in a field bordered by wild flowers at the end of the campground with no one else around. Over the hill was a beautiful and unique golf course set in the woods. I was told I could walk my dogs there and I did. Also hiked a short Trail that led to a stream and over a little bridge. Very charming. Shower was OK - nothing to wtite home about - and there was water and an out house near my site. A really nice experience.

AWESOME Campground and owners

By far the best campground we have ever stayed at.  Had an awesome time for both Halloween weekends.  Owners make you feel like family.  Can't wait for the spray pad to open in 2021

Great little layover

We arrived late and our site info was in the night drop so all good. It is right off the roadway so there is some road noise. However it is a heavily populated area and we just needed a layover place to base out of for our quick visit to Niagara falls. We left the RV at the KOA and drove 15-20min to the falls. We timed our visit well the park was pretty empty in mid-October but the weather was still nice. Would recommend this koa for visitors to Niagara.

Super cute

Very small campground. Sites packed close together. ON Lake Ontario- SO gorgeous. Playground for kiddos. NOT FHU. Very quiet area (eventhough campground was packed).

WOW! Would stay here again.

Letchworth SP, the Grand Canyon of the East. No kidding! WOW, trail #1 was the connector trail between lower, middle and upper falls. It parallels the road with lots of overlooks. But still a lovely walk.  There were plenty of other trails elsewhere in the park. This park is rather large, but beautiful. Our campsite was loop 700, #717, in the dog friendly area. Plenty of privacy between campsites, electric plug ins, with potable water accessible every 3 sites .  Beautiful setting. Campstore had plenty of wood. Enough connectivity for texts and calls.

Field Camping

It's not all bad! It took a while to find our site in the dark as site markers are small. The sites are decent size, the bathrooms are clean but spiders will hang out. Showers are hot. Sites are available with electric and there is an RV dump station if you have one. There are a lot of RVs at this campground, a large playground, and a field with soccer goals (no net). Niagara Falls is 15 or so miles away, and Buffalo NY is a short drive. The bathroom building has an outdoor sink with heated water, and this is also where the trash bins are.  Firewood is available in front of many nearby homes (a couple of miles, max,and $4-5 a bundle). The fire pits are either low or leaning, so we found a camp stove to be essential. It can get quite windy, we saw a tent buckle and our stakes were pulled up from the wind. It can get loud at night and it doesn't seem as if quiet hours are enforced. I'd stay again but only if a more private campground was unavailable.

Overall a great experience.

A few things stop me from giving a 5 star review. 1. No water hook ups (that was known before going, but still a con), 2. Facilities are not that clean, 3. Our site (098) was not that private (open to the street and one campsite, partially shielded from the other campsite). There were definitely some sites that looked awesome (like 103) that I’d go back to!

Overall, though, our site was large enough to back in and still have room behind our 25’ trailer. I enjoyed the general feel of being in the woods and then being able to drive a couple minutes to get to the beach access. Area 5 is covered in large rocks, but is a good place to take your dogs!

Incredible mornings

Place was incredible! I drove out from Wisconsin and was the only on there. Threw up the tentsile tent over looking the pond on the south side. What a wonderful way to wake up..

⚠️Side note TAKE WEST ALMOND road as the other road is blocked off⚠️