Lamar , MISSOURI

Most Recent Lamar Camping Reviews

The campground is beautiful, the people who run it are volunteers and are so sweet. The park is very clean and the camping spots are always clean and ready to go. Very cheap and they have public showers and restrooms near the entrance. We always go back every year. Beautiful place to camp in the fall as well.

A great clean place!

Great state park. Cleanest restrooms I’ve seen. Great trails. Bring the kayaks. They have some pretty cool kayak marked trails on the lake. Beautiful sail boats to see as well!

AWESOME

VERY clean, Easy access, fair price for the propane they sell, VERY nice managers and very helpful!

Excellent Spot

I really enjoyed my first trip here. I had never even heard of this lake. The grounds are nice and clean. The restrooms and showers are decent for a public area. The shop on the marina is not over priced like you would think. The staff are really nice. We do wish there were more instructions in the confirmation email on the check in process and specifically where to go when first arriving at the camp. There are pontoons, kayaks and canoes for rent at the marina. There is also a swim beach nearby.

Easy Access to Lake

Bathrooms could really use an update but the lake access in our group campsite was awesome!

Great Lake

I wish there were more secluded spots, but altogether a great place. There are miles of mountain biking trails which can be hard to find in Missouri, especially at state parks. Next time, we are hoping to get a spot with more trees and shade. The marina has a great shop In case you ran out of marshmellows or sunscreen and also has a small restaurant attached. Boat slips are also available. You can even rent pontoons or jet skis. There is also a water trail for canoes and kayaks, which are also available for rent.

Nice

Camp host are awesome

Excellent park!

We stay here about seven or eight times per year. Easy to reserve sites. We always stay on the west loop. There are no bad sites. Our favorite sites are 15 and 39. Restrooms are immaculate and camp hosts are great! Walking distance to the Marina that includes a restaurant. Walking distance to the lake and a lake view with kayak access.

Highly recommend

We camped in campground 1 right next to the play ground. Super clean, had a view of the lake. Within walking distance of the marina. Everyone was very friendly. My only complaint is the first night we had super noisy neighbors. I'm all for music and a good time but past quiet hours I think one should tone it down a bit. I assumed the host would tell them to be quiet. It did take me complaining the next morning, and then the host went to talk to them. Rest of the trip was smooth as can be! Kayak trails on the lake…beautiful clean swimming beaches. Can't wait to go back :)

Lake time

Definitely a great place to get out on the water! Several beach access spots but very rocky with no sand beaches near the state park campground.