The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Derrahs , MISSOURI

Camping Missouri Derrahs Standard (Tent/RV)

LIMITED TIME OFFER Try Pro Free for 3 Months

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Derrahs Camping Reviews
Constant Returner

I’ve been going to this campground since I was a child, it’s one of my favorite places to camp. A popular place, during the summer it’s always full and kids running around, people walking and running and riding bikes, walking dogs. Great trails too, ranging from half a mile to 3 miles. Nice lakes, kayaking rentals available, and a swimming beach too.

Wait for the improvements

First thing, the new owners have some work pending that I trust will make a huge difference to the traveling campers soon. However, we didn’t get to enjoy those improvements.

The good: The reservation process was friendly and they accommodated our after hours arrival. The electrical connections were great with 50/30/20 amp receptacles. Location was convenient and easy to access.

The not so great: The date was in late December so we expected some winterizing. So the water was off at the site. It was also off at the bath house. No water for bathing, washing hands, toilets or washing dishes. The sewer connection was missing a cap and thus covered by a rock. It took us a while to even find it. The dumpster was overly full and needed dumped. The site seemed to be a storage for various materials, not if they where project related or not.

Safe and Secluded

We camped during Covid so the swimming beach and playgrounds were closed but everything else was great! Nice big lots, everyone has full shade. Each loop has a big bathroom with massive showers. One of our showers even had a handheld nozzle! And each loop has their own dumpster.

This campground is out in the boonies so you'll want to stock up before you pull in. Here's a rundown:

25 min from Walgreens

45 min from Walmart

40 min from laundromat

2 hours from Target and CVS

The trails are wide and there are multiple water access points to get to the shoreline This is a reserve only now so be sure to pick your spot before you show up. I haven't seen an attendant though I did see a couple kids cleaning the bathrooms. There is a paid wifi option that's$20/week but I just used Sprint roaming as a hotspot for my laptop and it was perfect. So try the free route first. The photos for each spot are accurate on recreation.gov=)

It was clean.

We stayed 3 knights. The shower was good. The cave was expensive. U can check it out on YouTube. At Grammy and pappy at it again

Great Spot!

This campground is well kept and offers both standard-electric and full hook up. The hosts are friendly and helpful. Bathrooms and shower house are cleaned regularly.

Doe Run At Ray Behrens

I absolutely love this core campground. Amazing level concrete campsites! Majority of them are full hookups with paved roads throw out Everyone is friendly and fun! We have always stayed at the little Blue Stem side, but just had to do a review on this side. Absolutely loved it. Great clean shower house. Close by places to Kayak, swim, fish and play. Fish cleaning stations which I had never seen beforeThe best of camping.

Cool little camp spot

We stayed here one night. We had a concrete pad for our RV which was nice and a decent amount of room to roam.

It's a pretty good campground

Our site was a good ways away from the road, and they're pretty generous with their firewood. Their bathrooms are pretty old though. All in all we enjoyed our stay.

Great place!!

We camped at campsite 82 in Little Blue Stem. From Wednesday night through Sunday and the weather was fabulous.  Nice clean area. Nice campsite.

Very pretty scenery

I was only able to stay one night but i loved it. We hiked the equestrian trails one afternoon and the regular trails the next day. I camped in the equestrian campground and loved it with my popup. Outhouse type toilets are available there. I only drove past the RV campground and the campsites were close together. The equestrian area is the way to go in my opinion but i love the quiet. Picnic tables and fire rings are at each campsite.