The best TENT SITES camping near
Chilhowee , MISSOURI

Most Recent Chilhowee Camping Reviews
Warsaw Mo area at its best

Went in the fall. Beautiful scenery, lake access and great host/owner. Great time.

After hours check in, not far off the highway

I didn’t get to experience all of the amenities at this park, but I am usually looking for somewhere to stay while already on the road. This place we found super late, and was well marked and easy to access. There are street lights marking the parking areas which does leak some light but you’re able to see the bathrooms.

Nice Park

Nice park, great facilities, but make sure to have your receipt handy. We stayed and paid for 3 nights but the manager tried to say we didn’t pay for the 3rd night and was at our site trying to collect. Was there to view the eclipse, and had a great time otherwise.

Don’t let the name fool you

Great park just south of Kansas City. Very quiet, great owners and staff.

Great affordable RV Park

Stayed here for 2 weeks, clean cut and straight forward park. Functions like a campsite with a registration box. Can’t beat $20 a night for full hookup. Small park right next to it that the kids enjoyed. 20 sites total but less than half were occupied. It’s a very small town, one restaurant (breakfast here was good didn’t get to try the lunch) and one bar walking distance away, and everyone we came across was very friendly. City is 50mins away but an easy drive. We would definitely go back if we’re in the area again.

Great place!

We enjoyed it here, but it snowed so we didn’t explore the trails while we were there. Our internet worked great through Verizon and ATT, we never tried the park WiFi. Clean laundry facilities, pull through site was a little tight, but worked well. If we’re in the KC area again, we’ll definitely stay there. Only drawback, the target audience is a bit older so no playground or park for kids, but plenty of open grassy areas worked too. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. They do propane refill, which was awesome.

Great place to camp!

This was the second campground I visited with my new camper. It was easy to get to, beautiful overlooking the lake, and was clean. The hiking trails were overgrown and no longer accessible.

Convenient Campground to Escape the City

This was the first campground I visited with my new camper. It was easy to book online, the attendants were very nice, and the campground was well maintained. The only thing I did not like was some sites were shared and not individual.

Nothing shy of memory

The caretakers here are the sweetest people. Taking my 2 and 6 year old on their first camping experience we chose this place and they told us as we checked in that they wanted their 1st camping trip to be awesome…loaded us up with some complimentary firewood…let us pick out our tent plot, and directed us toward the bathrooms and drinking water….and that's where the good part of the review ends. We had to change plots 2 times bc as we unloaded our gear and attempted to set up camp we were welcomed and not left unpested by snakes of all sizes and large insects…it was dark when we managed to lay my already sleeping children down in the tent…the night air was clouded with mosquitoes but the moon was full and the stars were amazing. Coyotes could be heard in the distance…we thought…until around 3 am when we were startled awake by what appeared to be large dogs without leash, collar, or owner licking our tent. Circling our tent….The morning daylight couldn't come fast enough…The bathrooms were dirty and infested with various insects and covered in cobwebs…a short walk to the waters edge sent us home w 2 children covered in chigger and mosquito bites …extremely disappointing.

Great job on this area!

Missouri Department of Natural Resources has done an excellent job of taking care of this area and the surrounding wildlife. The Harry S Truman State Park is a treasure to relish and love. My family and I spent a week here and the place was amazing. Thank you Missouri Department of Natural Resources for your hard work.