The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Sunnyside , MISSISSIPPI

Camping Mississippi Sunnyside Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Sunnyside Camping Reviews
Nice CG in the woods

Stayed here last year for New Years. Came to ride the lake bottom in our SXS. Campground was very clean. Bathhouse was clean. Park host at the time were pretty nice. Just fill out all of your paper work when you put it on the pole and they won’t bother you. Also if you are wanting to ATV ride, the do not allow you to have them off of the trailer in the park. Overall a fun weekend. Was going to go back once the lake fills up this summer.

Beautiful campground

It’s a very nice campground but there isn’t much to do. It’s off season and the lake is empty. There is only one other person camping.

RV sites all have W/E and sites 31-48 have sewer. I didn’t realize that when I booked my site so picked #3 since it would fit my 40’ fifth wheel and truck. All sites have concrete pads and some are tree covered but not all. My site was pretty much level.

Only 1 public restroom is open and it is clean but smells musty. Unable to check the other restroom and bathhouse because they are closed.

The main roads are easy to navigate and the campground road is also easy to navigate and in really good condition.

I’d definitely stay here again if I’m back this way.

Christmas camp 2020

Very nice campground. With family gatherings discouraged due to covid we decided to camp. We used site 58. Site has 30 50 15 amp, water and sewer. Concrete pad with extra concrete vehicle parking. Bathroom is directly in front with toilets and showers. Very clean and warm (low Christmas eve and Christmas 23). Concete picnic table, grill and grill table. Fire ring. This site will be waterfront in summer but with the winter let down no water right now. All together a great, well maintained facility. Also the north mississippi fish hatchery is here but closed for the holidays.

Persimmon Hill Campground

What a great park. Or should I say another great COE park. This is the cleanest park we've seen. Very big rig friendly with large concrete pads with a little extra room for a boat or toad. Great vieas of the lake, which is said to be one of the best crappie lakes in the United States.$20.00 a night for full hook up and the geezer card bring it to$10.00. Can't beat that! Both ATT& Verizon came in strong. Did not try OTA TV. Shower facilities were also great with plenty of hot water and very clean facilities. Although you can hear Hwy 55 on a clear, calm night the route to the park isa bit tricky, as a bridge is out. But should be completed by this spring, I was told. Will definitely return. But keep in mind, we stayed a couple of days and left before the weekend. A quick walk around the park showed almost every site was reserved for the weekend starting Thursday. A popular park and worth it.

Don’t Park at Dark Here

We stayed as an overnight stop. The campground is a no frills campground and nothing special. However, we would not recommend parking after dark. The turns are a little sharper than we would like and the roads are poorly marked in the dark. The owners are friendly and helpful. The sites have some gravel but not enough in my opinion to say they are gravel sites. The one we stayed in was fairly level. It is right off the highway, so you do get highway noise which is normally not a big deal for one night for us.

Peaceful

This campground is beautiful.  Right below the dam.  Great for kayaking.  Seems to be set up for older campers.  They wouldn't let my  10 year old son ride his scooter on the road because it was battery operated.

A decent but older campground.

We stay at Cossar pretty often, due to it being close to home. We have always stayed on the Yocona Ridge loop, and it has been a nice campground. The facilities are dated, but they keep them very clean. We did drive through the other loop (it was empty and closed at the time, the ranger let us look at it) and it appears to be much older than Yocona Ridge. There were trees/limbs down everywhere and the sites were pretty close to each other.

We had decent cell phone service here. There is no park WIFI. There is a Frisbee golf course that has gotten better over time. The course is now marked very well. The miniature golf course is old, but kids will still like it.

Some of the campers are also employees of the park. One lady just kept coming over and talking non-stop on this visit.

Nice place to stop along the way

We just stay for a one night stay along our way. Super nice staff, beautiful campground and so helpful. I would go here again

Pleasant place to Relax

May be I might have done camping very few time but, out of all this the best Camping site ever. Very pleasant environment, easy access to water body, clean restrooms and showers, electricity and water tap for every site.