Bienville National Forest, MISSISSIPPI

Camping Mississippi Bienville National Forest
Most Recent Bienville National Forest Camping Reviews
Convenient and clean

We have camped the last 2 years for the local half Ironman race (Deep South Triathlon) and it’s more than just convenient, it’s perfect for what we want. This campground is right on the reservoir, but immediately near any restaurant, grocery, event space you want.

You can just roll in, find a spot and let the office know you’re there, or better yet, reserve a spot and make sure there is room for you. The sites are clean, level and I believe they all have hookups up to 50amp.

Excellent campground

We camped here Sept. 20-22 while we were in town to volunteer at the Sanderson Farms PGA golf tournament. I was very impressed with the amenities such as the laundry room, pool and bath house. The bath house was very clean and has private showers. The staff was very helpful. It is located right on the Ross Barnett Reservoir so it is a beautiful area. If you need anything, there is a Kroger grocery store right across the street from the campground. I was very satisfied and will stay there again for future tournaments.

Great for kayak and canoe

We kayaked the long leg of the Strong River from here. Excellent kayaking. The campground was extremely crowded/ showers were old and dirty but overall it was a good experience.

Great campground in a big city

We stopped here for just an over night stay as we passed through. Didn't expect much being that it's a state park in the middle of a big city. We were wrong! Very cool campground, great facilities and lots to do right in the area. Never figured we would say let's come back but since we didn't get any time to really check it out we would like to return!

Nice Campground

Nice campground with lots to do. Easy access to a lot of different amenities around.

Wrong Place

Dyrt has this messed up. There is no campground on this spot on the map. It’s a car dealership. Not sure where the campground is located, but this is the Buick dealership.

Great getaway

My family camps here all throughout the summer. We love it. Well taken care of. Nice and quiet

Decent

It’s close to lots of restaurants and any other store you would need anything from. The lake water is clean for the most part. There is a park right next to the campgrounds with different things to do such as disc golf and soccer goals.

Wildlife!!

Great campground! The bathhouse isn’t the best but the scenery is great! There are gnats…and more gnats…and more gnats so be prepared for that. We got to see alligators and a beaver though while there. It’s a very fun park in the middle of town. You would Never know it though! To get a fishing license can be tricky though. Took us 3 stops to get to the right place. It’s the fish and wildlife facility kind of tucked back off a road.

Nice quiet week here.

6 sites. Shady all day.. no water, elec, and 1 pit toliet. PET FRIENDLY. my girls and i enjoyed our time walking around. Only thing to becareful of was the ants and ticks. Price was $10 a night with seniors 1/2 off

Beautiful state park

Nice lake surrounded by mature trees. Family friendly campground with many things to do. The camp area has a small beach and swimming area in the lake. Across the lake there is a swimming pool and a water slide. There is a separate fee to use the pool and water slide. The campsites are shaded and have a paved area to park your camper. Each site has a nice picnic table. Some of the sites do not have a lot of level space in front so the picnic table may be located on the back side of the site.

Hope your into waterfalls

If your looking for a really cool waterfall to go checkout this is your spot. Other than that I wouldn’t recommend camping there any longer than one or two nights at the most. (The water wheel does not work FYI) We will continue to stop by in passing but that’s about it. We also went at a bad time after the rain is not the ideal time the water was really high and the current was rapid

A beautiful family friendly camping opportunity

For the breathtaking sunrises and sunsets over the water, to the fishing & kayaking, to nature trails & beach fronts. It’s one of my favorite campgrounds for my family.

First time here

Had a great time and we will return! Staff was very friendly and nice!

Quiet

clean facilities,Friendly people

Great location with friendly staff and a family atmosphere

This is a great campground with a friendly staff and great atmosphere. The sites are spacious and most are extremely shaded. The grounds and restrooms are clean and well maintained.

Great flat ground for tent camping

Great flat ground for tent camping. We were in campsite 3 and it was huge. Perfect for a scout troop or other large group. Also had ample trees with perfect spacing for hammock camping.

Close bathroom is a bit of a dump, full of spiderwebs, and unclean, but if you walk to the new trading post across the street, there are nice bathrooms.

picnic tables and trash cans at each campsite. Close location to canoe and kayak rentals.

Easy escape

We’ve taken several trips to Roosevelt and each has been quiet, peaceful, easy, and full of things to do. There are some more challenging RV spots to back into but the majority are straight forward with just enough surrounding trees to give some privacy. The lake is nice and the waterfront spots are great. Facilities are clean and located in good spots. The staff is fantastic and helpful. And exploring the national forest or nearby towns is great fun.

Fun day trip

I took my dog, Lucas. We fished and walked around. This place is more popular than I realized and was a little busy when we went. Great experience though.

Very peaceful

Very quiet park. Nice walking trails. Beautiful lake. And one really tall tree!!

Pretty campground

Small campground on a lake. Pretty and quiet. Recent work on campsites to create level sites. Enjoy camping there.

Quiet place to stay the night

Lots of stairs to descend/ascend to get to the bottom of the falls. Nice historical building. I was the only camper there when I stayed. Very quiet.

Love this campground

Finest state park with shady sites and full hook ups, family friendly, swimming, nice bathhouses, convenient access off I-20. Popular fishing lake, allows skiing Memorial Day til Labor Day. Disc golf. We have camped year around

Beautiful campground around a lake

This campsite was not crowded at all and really peaceful. I stayed in site 13 which was right on the lake. The view was beautiful. The spot was really large with plenty of room for tents and hammocks. There are trails close by that were nice to walk on. The pool is there for an extra fee with a water slide. They are well maintained. It was a great park!

unlevel pads for RV's

The rv gravel pads were extremely un-level, even after waiting 2 hours, watching them add 7 tractor buckets of gravel the pad was still un-level and they finally let us move our spot. When we booked our trip we were told there was a water fee, which wasn't charged until after Memorial Day because the pool, splash pad, and slide were not operational. We arrived the Wednesday after Memorial day and was told the pool was good and the slide would be up and running in a day or two, the slide was not even on premises! When it arrived, the workers said it normally takes at least a week or two to install. We swam in the pool one day, but the filer was not working, so the water was disgusting, I couldn't even see my feet, and the bottom of the pool was covered in sand. We were there for 5 days, and were informed the "water fee" isn't a water fee, it's a park fee, $6 per person per day for nothing! Therefore we spent $150 on nothing. Also, we didn't remove our sway bars from our truck because it was raining and the first night they were stolen off our truck. I would not go back to this park.

unlevel pads for rv's and pool was gross

Great park

We have been going to this park off and on for years. They do have a motel if you don’t have an RV/tent. The bathrooms are clean. There are lots of things to do in the campground like disk golf, hiking, swimming, waterslide, canoeing, fishing and playgrounds. The only reason I didn’t give it a five stars, is because a lot of the campsite pads are broken and narrow and the ground is washed out around it. I know it is an endless battle for the park to keep up with probably. We had to be very careful about stepping out of the camper because it dropped off quickly. We were constantly grabbing the kids so they didn’t fall. I would certainly go back though. It is very beautiful.

Natural setting close to home

Roosevelt was one of the first state parks in MS. It is heavily wooded around a pretty lake. I prefer the older side of the lake. Has larger campsites and less activity.

Our Go To campground

Less than an hour away from home we usually camp here several times a year. We have always camped at R.O. Hannah Campground on the water. Sites are nice and mostly shaded. Bath Houses nice and clean. Water park is added fun for the grandkids. Fishing is usually pretty good for Bream/Sunfish, Catfish and the occasional bass. Staff personnel are friendly and accommodating. Great place to stay.