Biloxi, MISSISSIPPI

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Biloxi Camping Reviews
Cheap

On base cable is free after 100$ deposit for box. It sometimes works front part is on the fence line you hear trains and traffic at all hours. Like most MWR things it has gone down hill in the last few years. Sites run 15$ a night.

Kid spot

Buccaneer State Park was an awesome little place. This would be a vacation spot for the family! Nice campground, good size sites, some shaded. The facilities are newer and it’s well maintained. Nice little water park, nature trail and beach across the road.

I didn’t spend any time at the water park but we did go to the beach. Unfortunately I found out afterwards that there was a red algae warning in effect. No adverse effects, just check out the local information when traveling. The nature trail was worth a hike.

Good place

Stayed for a week, no complaints, new owners seemed like they are working on updating everything.

Small but fun

Waterpark is lake fed so not crystal clear water but clean and fun

nice family campground

Stayed in the primitive area and sites were well spread out. Primitive area is find your own place and set up on side of nice saltwater marsh.

Plenty of bath houses and they were all clean.

was there for a local event weekend and the place was at full capacity but never felt crowded

long term only and rough

This is a long term only trailer park, short term camping or tents are not allowed as per manager. Everything I saw had not moved in a long time and had "structures" added on to it.

One of the best beaches I’ve ever been to

This campground is a hidden gem for those looking for a beach campground. There were less than 10 people at anytime on the beach the 4 days we were down here. The beach is a 5 minute walk or 2 minute bike ride from the tent sights and extremely secluded. You can walk to the beach or directly into an enormous bird sanctuary that has literally hundreds of species of birds. Bathrooms and facilities were clean, well kept and plentiful. I would like to come back to this campground with our pop-up instead of roof top tent just to have some AC at night. There is also a historical battle sight/fort and aquarium all within walking or bike riding distance. There are also numerous outstanding seafood restaurants nearby. Had arguably the best crab legs I’ve ever had in my entire life down here.

I would have given this campground 5 stars except we had an experience with a creepy homeless dude that wouldn’t leave us alone. The campground did have him arrested and taken off sight. And my only other complaint would be the check-in/departure process being super slow due to paper files and no technology to expedite the process. I would most certainly recommend checking this place out if you are looking for an affordable beach getaway!

I would have given this

Huge Park with Tons of Amenities

This park is giant! There are probably over 200 sites for camping in this park with beachfront sites and even primitive drive up sites for tent camping back in the woods. The park has 2 shower areas and 4 bathrooms on site as well as multiple playgrounds for the kiddos and even a water park! It is located directly across the street from the Gulf of Mexico and has its own private beach. I stayed in the primitive camping sites for 2 nights because all other sites were reserved for the weekend and it was great. No electric hookup or water but the sites are privately tucked away in the woods and only cost 15$ per night. If you want, you can stay beachfront for 48$ and I believe the regular sites with hookups and water are around $30 per night. The park itself is very well maintained and has ice and drinks for sale in the front office. The employees are extremely nice and helpful and will even tell you about fun things to do in town while you’re there. Definitely the biggest and one of the nicest campgrounds/state parks I’ve stayed in. Worth the trip!

Clean and very friendly host. It's right in Biloxi and outside the base.

You need you military ID card only once, and that's to check in. It's located just outside of the base and the VA. It's clean, lots of space between each concrete slab, and the host is very friendly. We go there every winter.

Loved it