Homochitto National Forest, MISSISSIPPI

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Homochitto National Forest Camping Reviews
Great wma campsite

Nice nature feel to the campgroud..its primitive but does offer potable water for cleaning equipment and such..had a great time camping here

Couldn't believe I was in louisiana

Nice campsite..we had the area to ourselves..alot of hiking trails nearby for all different skill levels..the terrain is amazing couldn't believe I was actually in Louisiana

Great camping location

Spent the weekend camping at one of the improved sites with water on site. Site had picnic table, fire pit, and plenty of room for tents and your camp set-up. Our site had a great view of the creek and was a little more tucked away but right by the bathrooms. Trails are throughout the area, couple of fishing spots, lots of picnic areas with grills and a playground. The place was not very crowded and the US Forest Service ranger (Virginia) was very kind and helpful. We hiked some of Richardson Creek Trail, but decided to turn around because it was overgrown at points and we found ticks on our dog. Otherwise, it was a beautiful walk through the woods. Several large banana spiders set up along the way so keep an eye out! Also, the county is supposed to be under a fire burn until the end of October.

Perfect place for real tent camping

Stayed here awhile ago and it is still my favorite campsite in this area. Most campsites are secluded from others. I recommend this place to anyone.

Amazing First Trip

This campground was an amazing experience for me and my buddy on our first tent camping trip. The primitive camping spot was secluded but not too far from necessities being water and restrooms. The staff was helpful and informative as we were inexperienced in the adventure. All in all this was a site to remember getting to see the sunset on the lake.

Nice place to stay

Owner sand management are the nicest people. Quite, peaceful and in a close location to town. Would stay here again if I am ever in the area. They have change their name to Peaceful Pines and the name says it all.

An alright place

The fishing is decent. Campgrounds get very crowded. The lake needs to be restocked.

Old but nice campground

I haven’t stayed in the campground in our own camper yet, but have previously stayed with family in theirs. The campground is nice. It’s not cemented or anything like that. I think you have the basics, water, electricity, and I believe sewer hookups. We’ve stayed in a cabin more recently. The cabin was really nice and taken care of. It was a short walk down a trail to the Boguechitto River. We enjoyed this campground and hopeful to revisit in our own RV.

Rolling on the river

This campground has gracious, hospitable staff. They have a nice camp store and a sitting area with coffee. The spots are laid out with a concrete pad and the grassy space of another camper size spot for a “yard”. During special events such as the balloon races, these grassy yards are filled with campers also and the spaces are much tighter. Almost all of the slots are pull throughs.

This is an awesome place to relax and enjoy!

Nearest Campground to Historic Natchez Mississippi.

As of 08/2018 this Campground is under New Management.  Many renovations have taken place and Many more are in progress.  We have Large, Level Tree Shaded lots.  Pads are concrete and easily accessible. Full Hook Ups and Great WiFi.  We are minutes from downtown Historical Natchez attractions and Southern Food.