Olive Branch, MISSISSIPPI

The #1 Camping App

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Olive Branch Camping Reviews

We had a great time at this campsite.  Large camping areas with fire ring, grill and picnic table.

This campsite is right by a hiking trail so it was pretty easy to get firewood. The bathrooms/ showers area are well maintained and easy to get too. All in all a great trip and will be going again real soon.

Perfect weekend campground in the Mid-South

My family and I live about 25 min from the campground at Meeman-Shelby State Park. We have been several times and have camped with tents, pop-ups, and now with our Geo-Pro. We love this campground.

Pros: -49 available sites -all sites with water, 30A, fire ring, grill and picnic table -a variety of hiking/biking trails -update playground -lake with rental kayaks, canoes, boats (in season) -fully functioning bathhouse that is dated but clean

Cons: -no sewer at any sites -some sites on the back sides of the camp ground are subject to erosion and can be unlevel and not ideal for kids -large park so many of the activities outside the campground require driving -1 bathhouse which can be an issue on certain weekends -MOSQUITOS. If you go after the weather warms up, be forewarned that the mosquitos will eat you alive. We mostly camp at Meeman-Shelby in the fall/winter. We do not camp Spring/Summer.

There is a disc golf course that is very popular. There is a nature center that is under renovation that has snakes, spiders and owls to see. There are cabins to rent but we have never stayed in one. They look nice from the outside.

I’ve included several pictures of camp sites and the grounds. All in all, Meeman-Shelby is a great park and is perfect for families. Make sure to schedule a friday night dinner at the General Store. Steak and live music that sets the tone for a great camping weekend!

Less than impressed.

I am yet to leave a less than good review for a state park. We decided to come for new years and take a mini vacation. Due to the fact the state park is near a water treatment facility, we only made it two nights. The smell of sewer was awful. On top of that the park was unkempt, filthy, and littered with trash. There were many people camping in cars. We never felt safe. The camp host kept money from me that we had paid for reservations, I learned later. I do not recommend. We will not return. Sorry to Tennessee state parks as I hate to give a bad review.

Convenient place

Right off the hiway The most Level site in our 6k mile trip Nice park w clean facilities Easy access to the sites Nice park! Friendly staff

Ice campground , Mississippi need to

Mississippi needs to put some funding behind the park, could be a real gem. Overall we had a great stay and I would recommend the campground.

Basic but nice

This is a pretty basic campsite, but I enjoyed it.

• I'm a tent camper and had to move sites since the one I originally picked didn't have an area for my tent. Make sure you get there by 3ish to check that your site can accommodate a tent and stakes
  • Site had a grill, table and firepit
  • Sites were very close together
  • They were out of firewood to purchase, but you are allowed to bring your own
  • There were a lot of Ole Miss students at the park playing disc golf
  • Bathrooms are pretty old
  • I could hear highway traffic at night, but it wasn't too distracting
  • I would camp here again
Confusing Campground, Awesome Rangers!

We ended up camping here after another campground didn't work out. We arrived without reservation and didn't know much about the park, so we needed a little help from the rangers when we were choosing a spot. The campground seems to have been renovated in the last few years. The sites are all mixed together. You have a handful of RV sites with 50 amp, a couple of 30 amp sites and then lots of tent sites that have 20 amp or no power at all. The problem for us was that the leaves have fallen, so we couldn't even see where the parking pads were and all of the different sites were mixed together. I think it would be easier to sort it out via the website that has info listed for each site.

Ranger Tyson informed us that they were doing a night hike to the Fort and they would be serving Gumbo for dinner around the campfire at the Fort. Sign me up! It was one of the fee based activities, but for $5 per person, it was totally worth it! Tyson and Matt were awesome and the evening hike was surprisingly very cool!

As for the park itself, they don't have a huge "tourist attraction" like some parks, so it was very peaceful and not overcrowded. They work hard to offer great ranger lead programs. You can tell right away that the staff really does care about this park.

The bathhouse was newer and clean. Each bathroom was private in that you had your own suite style bathroom with toilet, sink & shower. The only drawback is that the bath house building (2) only had (1) mens suite and (1) womens suite each. I could see a line forming during warmer months, especially if there were lots of tent campers.

The park had a really nice day use area with a new playground, pavilion area and picnic tables. There is also a basketball goal/court area near the day use area. The visitors center/museum was a bunker style building built into the side of the hill. Great exhibit and lots of info on the battle and fort at Fort Pillow. There is also a small fishing lake with a boat ramp and pier.

Wonderful Halloween park

My wife and I have only camped here once. It won’t be the last time, but we were invited to the halloween get to gether at the park . And we had no idea it was such a big deal. But we drove down and visited and hung around for the festivities and boy was it worth it. Every camp site had wonderful decorations and the kids had such a blast. It was awesome. And the rest of the year it is a quiet getaway.

Perfect for the visit !!

Great place to stay if you are here for the tour , very nice folks , convenient factor through the roof , 24 hr security, shopping and eats close by ..

OVERNIGHT

Stopped here for one night on my way East. Average campground peaceful and quiet. Bathroom could use updating.