Olive Branch, MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Olive Branch Camping Reviews
OVERNIGHT

Stopped here for one night on my way East. Average campground peaceful and quiet. Bathroom could use updating.

Sept 2019

This is a great small park. It's older, not many hook up sites. Ranger was friendly Uses an iron ranger. The park is used and for the most part the patrons do their due diligence. Has several trails

Very nice

Nice and clean. Well kept. Plenty of shady spots with lake views very quiet also. Will be back

Clean

Clean campground with pull through and back-in spots. Saw some really big rigs that fit just fine. They have shower house and laundry. Full hookups. Cheap!

Ranger Review: IceMule Cooler at Chewalla Lake Recreation Area

Campground Review: We live about an hour away from here, so we decided to finally check this place out! I am so glad we finally gave it a chance! The park/recreation area is rustic and not overcrowded. There is a boat ramp and fishing pier for the fishermen/water lovers. At the end of the road, you can find another parking area with day use bathroom. There is a paved trail that passes by a picnic pavilion and playground. The path leads you to a partially covered bridge that crosses over to an island with a picnic table. Lots of people were out fishing and picnicking with their families for the day. The campground seems to be slowly going through some upgrades! That’s always great news! The first couple of sites on your right have fresh gravel, while other sites are still in great shape, but are a little more rustic. Some sites have electric and water hook ups. Each site is clearly marked electric/non electric on the reservation website. We really liked it here and look forward to coming back.

Product Review: Ice Mule Cooler– The Jaunt: This is a great day use cooler! I chose the smaller“Jaunt” style because it has backpack straps, so I can tote it along hands free! While we didn’t use it for our food at the campground due to it’s smaller size, it was perfect to pack up a few drinks to carry over to the lake to go fishing. There is a front zipper pocket that is perfect for my ID and cellphone. I loaded 3 canned drinks and 3 bottled waters plus a small snack and filled it with enough ice to keep the drinks cold. I was able to wear it like a backpack and still carry my fishing bucket and fishing poles without feeling like I was overloaded. The size is also perfect to strap it onto a kayak or stand up paddle board so that you have access to cold drinks/food while out on the water! I love the ice mule and can’t wait to order one of the larger styles!

Still in the city

Close to several amenities, but not really camping. Welcome to Memphis (technically Cordova, but we still.got the crime.) Shelby farms is a great park, one of the largest city parks in the US; you're close, but it's still city. If camping here, it's 5-6 miles off I40, and I'd just use it as a quick overnight (if tent camping) Some RVs stay here for quite a while. Note if you're coming during a festival ( Delta Fair, Corn Maze for Halloween, etc) you'll have congestion and noise.

Great Campground

This campground is right on the Mississippi River, only problem is if the river is over its banks, then the campground is closed. We had to keep checking to see if the river was down, campground was cleaned up and open. The drive into the campground can seem a little sketchy, but once you get to your spot on the river it is a great hidden gem. Lots of full hookups some on concrete, some are gravel, all level. Clean restroom, free laundry and free WiFi. This is a campground we would like to stay at again.

Not my kind of campground

First, it was impossible to find it. Took about two hours. My gps had me get off highway at wrong exit and then I didn’t know which intersection of 7 and 4 the campground was at. There are two. The area is really pretty, but I didn’t stay the night and just gave up my reservation. There was a sign out front saying that payment was required in the folder at the front but I payed online. That already confused me. No gate, no person at the front. Didn’t seem like the safest area to me either. I was driving trying to find my campsite and then I started itching. A mosquito had gotten in in that 30 seconds I had the window down. Campsite was basically dirt with gullies on the side so it was hard to back out. Trash all near table and fire pit. Swarms of bugs were already attacking my car before I could even stop. I didn’t even walk in the bathrooms to see what they were like. Might be good for day use because the trails looked nice from the road.

Nice, quiet campground

Campground was great and had hot showers free to both primitive site($7) and hookup site ($20) campers. The lake was gorgeous with a winding, unpaved bike trail that was really fun on mountain bikes! We didn’t try, but I bet fishing would be great here.

The only problem we had was the trash leftover by the previous campers. The fire pit was full of half-burnt garbage. Pick up after yourselves people!

Overall very quiet, peaceful Thursday night.

Adult friendly

Campground is pretty basic but convenient to casino so not really kid friendly, you can use hotel pool and lazy river

Nice and quiet

Older state park that could use some TLC, but it was peaceful and quiet. The bathrooms were clean and stocked. We were only able to spend a little time at the lake as we were in the area for a family gathering, in New Albany, so spent the bulk of our weekend away from the park. Friendly front gate staff. We would definitely stay here again.

Quiet stay

Had a comfortable night in a cabin. Cabin was warm & had everything we needed. Will stay here again if we’re in the area.

Near Memphis

This is a beautiful park with lots of trees and Robert the camp host was nice and helpful. There is a museum on site. Clean rr's and free ice machine

Perfect for a Memphis stay

We aren’t too enamored with Elvis but this was a nice RV park with a good value just outside of Memphis. If you are Elvis fans then you will love the proximity to Graceland. For us we enjoyed the pavilion, pool, basketball hoop, playground, showers, and other amenities. The highlight of our stay here, however, was the opportunity to take a free pink Cadillac limo ride to Marlowe’s for superb BBQ. Our children loved this opportunity. Next time we are in Memphis we will certainly be back here!

Nice enough.

Clean place near or in town. A little pricey $28day rate. Laundry & bath were good. Nice place for kids to play. Some small level of privacy. Close to industrial area, so there was sometimes a smell. Not super close, but close enough to downtown. No cell and almost no digital TV service.

Clean and safe

Very well kept basic RV Park.  Well maintained and very safe place to stay.  If your going to Graceland stay here before staying at Graceland RV Park.  You'll be much more relaxed at night.

Isolated

This is a beautiful area in the woods next to a lake. Has electric and water, no sewer. Bathrooms are not kept up, dirty and no lights in the showers. Pretty isolated, very few campers here. This could be a wonderful camping area, bathrooms need improvement!!

Nice!

No sewer, water and electric only. Sites are clean and well kept.

Nice place!

We stay here pretty often and it’s a popular place. Especially in the summer! Park is clean and well maintained.

This place is a ghost town. Half

Half of the park is abandoned/closed down and only one bath house is up and running. The few spots they do have are taken up by gigantic big rigs that don’t need the bathrooms so it’s terribly set up. The Ranger will try to bamboozle you into staying there when you are looking for the park next door (Hernando Point-Oak Grove).

Nice for nature lovers

This campground has well spaced sites, plenty of nature and several trails. The bathrooms are dated. Staff is nearly non existent. The campground is at least 30 minutes from any town so plan ahead! The playground is small and the place is never busy. It’s great if you want to have a quiet nature loving vacation. Their website says there is a pool and this is NOT TRUE.

Nice place

This is a decently maintained campground. The hosts are polite and the sites are well kept. The swim area is not disability friendly for access (steep hill). The real secret to this campground is the city of Hernando! Adorable Main Street dynamic with fantastic food and fun shops. We camp here very often. My only issue is that the bathrooms are dated and could use some maintenance but they are by no means gross/unusable.

Abandoned.

This is an abandoned site. Now its full of trash.

Clean, family friendly resort

This was our first time to ever hook-up our Class A RV and I'm afraid this place may have set the bar HIGH. This place was so clean & quiet, we wished we could have stayed longer. There were several playgrounds my son enjoyed & we had a blast doing the scavenger hunt. We were too early in the season for the blow-up slides but we definitely plan on coming back to enjoy those. They have pedal bikes you can rent (must have closed toed shoes), tetherball, a pavilion, a pond where you can feed the fish… I couldn't get over how clean this place was. The guy at the desk/shop was very friendly. I thought the price was high ($70/night) but when we got there, it made more sense.

Nice park in a convenient spot

Close to Memphis, across the river. It's a great campground. The scenery is not spectacular but that's not their fault. Surprisingly quiet for being right on hwy 40. Place is well taken care of an breakfast was awesome!

Nice and clean but not a destination unless you like to gamble

For a quick (and cheap!) weekend getaway it's hard to beat. The grass is well manicured. The sites are nice and level with full hookups. You get access to the indoor pool in the hotel.

The problem? Outside of gambling there's not a lot to do unless you want to go for a drive. We drove over to Helena/West Helena (neat bridge!) and visited the Delta Cultural Center.

Love this park!

We love this park. It’s not very big but the pads are large enough to accommodate a big rig. Some shaded spots and some pull through. Very clean. Check In is a little tricky the first time, since it’s done at the hotel check in. But we found out we can just park our RV and call to let them know what sight we’re on, as long as no one specifically reserves it. Have never had a problem with This. Shuttle will take you to and from the Casino.

Excellent state park with great history

This description really needs to be updated. They are not just an historic area but an Historic State Park. They have about a dozen RV sites plus another 20 tent sites. Facilities are very nice and include showers. They have really worked hard to improve the entire park in the last 3 years or so and have really turned this into a hidden gem. The historic site of Ft Pillow from the Civil war is on one of the hiking trails. The trails also go along the Mississippi river and provide some beautiful views. They also have a small lake and available canoes/kayaks for rent. The staff is very attentive and provide a variety of programs.

Could be better

I wish we had nicer camping in Memphis, but unfortunately we don’t. We came here for the hiking trail. The trail is nice during the cold months, but being this close to the river and the Memphis humidity, I can’t even begin to imagine how awful the bugs are during the warmer months. Only a few campers were here at the time we visited, and 2 of them looked like they had been here for months, if not longer. It’s not in the best area of town either. A lot of people do love to come here to enjoy the pool during the summer though! Chucalissa Museum is worth checking out if you are here.

Nice, clean campground!

The COE has been working on upgrading different sections of the campground at this location! It's nice to see places put money back into their campgrounds! The bathrooms are older, but well maintained and very clean. They don't have the typical amenities of a State Park, but this is a great weekend getaway location. The camping is slightly cheaper as well. A local group has worked hard to establish a few walking trails. We didn't get to check the trails out due to Spring flooding. The lake was also extremely high, but that is typical in the Spring. Not sure what happened, but the campground lost water pressure when we were there. They had someone on site early Sunday morning to repair the problem once it was discovered. There is a playground in the day use area, but not the camping area. There is a basketball court behind one of the bathrooms that several kids were using. We also had a large open field next to our campsite to play frisbee and wiffle ball.