Sam Rayburn Reservoir, MISSISSIPPI

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Sam Rayburn Reservoir Camping Reviews
Ice campground , Mississippi need to

Mississippi needs to put some funding behind the park, could be a real gem. Overall we had a great stay and I would recommend the campground.

Basic but nice

This is a pretty basic campsite, but I enjoyed it.

• I'm a tent camper and had to move sites since the one I originally picked didn't have an area for my tent. Make sure you get there by 3ish to check that your site can accommodate a tent and stakes
  • Site had a grill, table and firepit
  • Sites were very close together
  • They were out of firewood to purchase, but you are allowed to bring your own
  • There were a lot of Ole Miss students at the park playing disc golf
  • Bathrooms are pretty old
  • I could hear highway traffic at night, but it wasn't too distracting
  • I would camp here again
Wonderful Halloween park

My wife and I have only camped here once. It won’t be the last time, but we were invited to the halloween get to gether at the park . And we had no idea it was such a big deal. But we drove down and visited and hung around for the festivities and boy was it worth it. Every camp site had wonderful decorations and the kids had such a blast. It was awesome. And the rest of the year it is a quiet getaway.

Very nice

Nice and clean. Well kept. Plenty of shady spots with lake views very quiet also. Will be back

Clean and Quiet

Spacious sites with enough room between them to not feel crowded. multiple bathhouses spread around the campground the were very clean. many sites have a decent view of the lake. lake level was up so not much of the swim beach was exposed. day use picnic areas everywhere.

Nice and quiet

Older state park that could use some TLC, but it was peaceful and quiet. The bathrooms were clean and stocked. We were only able to spend a little time at the lake as we were in the area for a family gathering, in New Albany, so spent the bulk of our weekend away from the park. Friendly front gate staff. We would definitely stay here again.

Quiet stay

Had a comfortable night in a cabin. Cabin was warm & had everything we needed. Will stay here again if we’re in the area.

Nice!

No sewer, water and electric only. Sites are clean and well kept.

Nice place!

We stay here pretty often and it’s a popular place. Especially in the summer! Park is clean and well maintained.

This place is a ghost town. Half

Half of the park is abandoned/closed down and only one bath house is up and running. The few spots they do have are taken up by gigantic big rigs that don’t need the bathrooms so it’s terribly set up. The Ranger will try to bamboozle you into staying there when you are looking for the park next door (Hernando Point-Oak Grove).