Tupelo, MISSISSIPPI

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Tupelo Camping Reviews
Great Campground

Friendly staff, Level sites, clean restrooms. Boat ramp inside campground. Always enjoy camping here!

Nice campground and easily accessible off the Natchez Trace.

Nice host, clean facilities and beautiful little lake. Do have showers!!

Budget and tornado problems

EP was beautiful the first time I went. A tornado hit in about 2014, ripping up a lot of shade trees etc. Not the best campground. Sites are nicely spaced apart; however, the bathroom facilities are not very updated or well kept the times Ive been. Fishing is great out here. Beautiful lake. I love to kayak here. The docks are well kept to fish off of. Very busy with boating during the summer. Camping is very low cost but definitely not the highest end park! I know a lot of parks just don’t have the budget to update and I believe this is the case with EP campground.

Well rounded campground

Ill start with amenities. The bathrooms are nice and clean. Little dated externally but regularly cleaned. A lot to do in the park! Hiking, fishing, kayak/canoeing, swimming, and disc golf. The park rents kayaks and canoes. Reservations recommended. The campsites are decent. They have primitive or water/electric. We always opt for the RV sites. Bring ant spray! Major ant problems every time we have camped here! One of my favorite “local to me” campgrounds! Would get 5 stars if the would mow more frequently. Grass areas always seem to need to be mowed when we go! Pool is well kept and clean. Fun disc golf course. Beautiful, rustic cabins are an option here as well. Hiking is a must here. Numerous trails from novice to difficult.

Beautiful with gorgeous trails and lots to do

Stayed for one night in an RV. Single female traveler with one dog. We hiked all the trails and they were well manicured and followed a frisbee golf course. They have full hookups and back in spots. I went in August and there were many vacancies. I stayed as a stop between destinations but could’ve easily made a trip out of the park itself. There were picnic tables, lots of trees, paved roads. I made reservations through reserve america. There was a camp host to answer questions .

OVERNIGHT

Stopped here for one night on my way East. Average campground peaceful and quiet. Bathroom could use updating.

“Literally lake front camping!”

Davis Lake Recreation Area is situated just 4 miles from the Natchez Trace Parkway. The campground is adjacent to the Eastern shore of the 200 acre Davis Lake. 14 sites are right on the lake front offering spectacular sun rises and evening sun sets, The lake is known to anglers, and wildlife and birds are a given…we had a Great Blue Heron"friend" during our entire stay. The sites were level, paved, and all had nice spacing, picnic tables, fire pits and well cared for electric service (50 amp) and water. Bathhouses were clean and laundry was available. Dump Station. Plenty of historic places to visit in the area and groceries are available in Houlka just 4 miles away. We visited in late September with only 6 sites in use…felt like we had the place to ourselves…and being located in the Tombigbee National Forest there was no light pollution making the night sky a spectacular sight to see.

Great campout

Nice quiet campground. Very clean facilities. Well maintained state park and a very friendly and welcoming staff. Lots for everyone, young and old.

Sept 2019

This is a great small park. It's older, not many hook up sites. Ranger was friendly Uses an iron ranger. The park is used and for the most part the patrons do their due diligence. Has several trails

Ranger Review: IceMule Cooler at Chewalla Lake Recreation Area

Campground Review: We live about an hour away from here, so we decided to finally check this place out! I am so glad we finally gave it a chance! The park/recreation area is rustic and not overcrowded. There is a boat ramp and fishing pier for the fishermen/water lovers. At the end of the road, you can find another parking area with day use bathroom. There is a paved trail that passes by a picnic pavilion and playground. The path leads you to a partially covered bridge that crosses over to an island with a picnic table. Lots of people were out fishing and picnicking with their families for the day. The campground seems to be slowly going through some upgrades! That’s always great news! The first couple of sites on your right have fresh gravel, while other sites are still in great shape, but are a little more rustic. Some sites have electric and water hook ups. Each site is clearly marked electric/non electric on the reservation website. We really liked it here and look forward to coming back.

Product Review: Ice Mule Cooler– The Jaunt: This is a great day use cooler! I chose the smaller“Jaunt” style because it has backpack straps, so I can tote it along hands free! While we didn’t use it for our food at the campground due to it’s smaller size, it was perfect to pack up a few drinks to carry over to the lake to go fishing. There is a front zipper pocket that is perfect for my ID and cellphone. I loaded 3 canned drinks and 3 bottled waters plus a small snack and filled it with enough ice to keep the drinks cold. I was able to wear it like a backpack and still carry my fishing bucket and fishing poles without feeling like I was overloaded. The size is also perfect to strap it onto a kayak or stand up paddle board so that you have access to cold drinks/food while out on the water! I love the ice mule and can’t wait to order one of the larger styles!