De Soto National Forest, MISSISSIPPI

Camping Mississippi De Soto National Forest
Most Recent De Soto National Forest Camping Reviews
Small but fun

Waterpark is lake fed so not crystal clear water but clean and fun

nice family campground

Stayed in the primitive area and sites were well spread out. Primitive area is find your own place and set up on side of nice saltwater marsh.

Plenty of bath houses and they were all clean.

was there for a local event weekend and the place was at full capacity but never felt crowded

meh

Did not stay only rode through and walked around on scouting trip looking for a nice place to camp, just not what I was looking for.

Municipal campground next to a playground with what looked like one long time resident, bathrooms had chains and padlocks on the door due to vandalism (as per the sign).

Around a dozen tent pads with tables and BBQ pits and same amount of RV spots

Nice boat ramp across the street with Pearl River access.

Had pics but phone died, sorry

long term only and rough

This is a long term only trailer park, short term camping or tents are not allowed as per manager. Everything I saw had not moved in a long time and had "structures" added on to it.

Huge Park with Tons of Amenities

This park is giant! There are probably over 200 sites for camping in this park with beachfront sites and even primitive drive up sites for tent camping back in the woods. The park has 2 shower areas and 4 bathrooms on site as well as multiple playgrounds for the kiddos and even a water park! It is located directly across the street from the Gulf of Mexico and has its own private beach. I stayed in the primitive camping sites for 2 nights because all other sites were reserved for the weekend and it was great. No electric hookup or water but the sites are privately tucked away in the woods and only cost 15$ per night. If you want, you can stay beachfront for 48$ and I believe the regular sites with hookups and water are around $30 per night. The park itself is very well maintained and has ice and drinks for sale in the front office. The employees are extremely nice and helpful and will even tell you about fun things to do in town while you’re there. Definitely the biggest and one of the nicest campgrounds/state parks I’ve stayed in. Worth the trip!

Clean and very friendly host. It's right in Biloxi and outside the base.

You need you military ID card only once, and that's to check in. It's located just outside of the base and the VA. It's clean, lots of space between each concrete slab, and the host is very friendly. We go there every winter.

Loved it

Awesome place clean bathroom

Great location

We recently stayed in a cabin with 4 kids. This campground was perfect. The girls enjoyed being able to play outside and the pool. The scenery was gorgeous as well.

I liked that it was close to Biloxi/Ocean Springs but it is off the beaten path and peaceful. It was great with the kids because the cabin has everything we could need and we didn’t have to go out to eat for meals. We could enjoy just hanging out.

The cabins are slightly dated but very clean. The staff was friendly and so were other campers. We will definitely be back to stay again in the future.

Nature

Extra cost for wavepool and slides up front and pool. Lots of trees and shade, paved roads for kids to ride bikes, large playground area, some short hiking trails

Great campground

Very clean sites and well maintained. So much outdoor activities to do. Great place to camp. Friendly staff.

Very nice and clean for an rv park and campground

Very nice and clean rv park and campground

Great Park!

This park is well maintained and in a great location.

New property

This was the first time we ever spent a week at an RV park. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, the location is ideal for spending time at the beach, and the facilities are top notch. As RV newbies, we were treated with Southern hospitality each and every day. The location is across the road from the beach, and the road was easily crossed with our two dogs and a wagon with our beach stuff. One note, the beach has signs posted banning dogs, but we had no issues with our two coonhound mixes. This property is no more than a couple of years old, and the clubhouse , pool, and pads are all clean, neat, and easily accessed. My girlfriend was especially impressed with the showers, comparing them to luxury hotels. The only negative I have is that there are no fire pits or rings. Perhaps this isn’t a regional thing. Overall, I was very impressed and will make a point of returning next year.

Absolutely the most charming hidden gem on the Gulf Coast. On the water with access to the Gulf, Pearl River and wildlife refuges.

Friendly, kind and helpful owners offer a kid’s playground, swimming pool and large RV campsites. Full hookups at most sites. Tent camping accommodated as well.

Great Beach Location

Great location for beach and casino. Grounds are well kept. Not as quiet as would expect with train track located near rear of campsite. Employees seem very nice.

1st timer.

I swim there every weekend. I’m a beginner camper so this is where I’ll go for 1st time. They have good swimming areas & a splash pad & playground.

Well run, clean and lots to do!

Paul B Johnson has a ton of open and varied camping spots and areas. Some are great for hanging out with your friends for a long holiday weekend.

The lake is good for swimming and fishing, but not huge so motor boats are limited in their movement, especially on crowded weekends.

Tons of sites and something for everyone!

Flint creek has TONS of sites with full hook ups in 30 and/or 50 amp and even a primitive (water only) tent sites. Different sections allow folks to feel like they are away from the crowds.  Price is absolutely reasonable and there is night security by staff and local law enforcement.

The water park has a ton of slides and will keep kids young and old entertained sliding down the hill into the lake.

Several swimming holes and boat ramps lets you enjoy the lake however you want.

Nice State Park

Very nice and clean park. Close to the beach. Very clean bathhouses. Full hook ups. Water park that’s not included but accessible through the park. Hiking trails and pool.

Nice and Woodsy

Flint Creek has a little of everything for everyone. There’s a large lake which is good fishing (there’s a boat launch in the park and in the campground itself) beach swimming areas (one for day use and the other for the campers) there’s an updated water park with slides and a lazy river. The water for this is pumped in from the lake so it’s not a fresh blue water like in a swimming pool! There’s a section of first come first served campsites and a section of reservation only sites. All the sites are blacktopped and are very nice. The bathhouses could use some attention though. The town of Wiggins has lots of restaurants and grocery stores very close by.

Great for Overnight

While maybe not a destination site, it’s great for overnighting. We’ve stayed here for an overnight several years in a row on our way to Gulf Shores from Central AR. Concrete pads, full hookups, excellent satellite reception throughout the park. The RV Park is adjacent to a multi purpose facility. Rodeo, barrel racing, concerts, gatherings, etc. In our stops here, the park has never been more than a 1/3 occupied. Plenty of spaces to choose from. Payment is the honor system. $20 on the way out!

Nice location

Nice location. Across the street from the beach. Nice pool. Clean bathhouse. Lots of activities like putt putt golf, go carts, sailing, fishing etc.

Very nice campground

Nice sites. Has a wave pool and regular pool. Close to beach. Clean bathhouses.

My Absolute Favorite

LBC is my favorite campground that I’ve ever been to. The sites are nice and spacious. All are blacktopped. Some have wooden decks. We’ve stayed along the waterside which is AMAZING and have also stayed across the street from the beach! The playground is small and sweet. The beach/swim area in the campground needs to be taken care of. The grass is starting to overgrow in that particular area which is a shame because the rest of the park is so very well taken care of.

A decent spot, not really “disperse”.

It’s pretty close to the road and the drive in loop has cars making noise and lights all night.

Good because I was only one of 2 people there.. I imagine more people would be not as great a place.

Very Quit

Nice and quit. Security cameras throw out the park. Have handicap bathrooms and Laundry room. Very clean throw out the park. Place to walk your dogs.

An older resort, mainly retirees. Private membership & Coast to Coast

I like to stay at this park because it’s close to family and the beach. I’ve stayed 3 time in the past year.  They have a pool and putt putt golf available as well as fishing on the property.  Large sites friendly and helpful staff, recently added WiFi.  It’s a private resort and is available for Coast to Coast members. Pet friendly too!

Good for All Ages!

My husband and I are 4H Outdoor Skills Instructors. We took our class on their first hike here. The kids as well as the adults had a good time. The Nature Trail was a little short (under an hour) but that is perfect for little kids.

awesome

I love going to the coast the fishing is awesome