About Wall Doxey State Park
Wall Doxey State Park is located in Mississippi
10 Reviews of Wall Doxey State Park
Ice campground , Mississippi need to

Mississippi needs to put some funding behind the park, could be a real gem. Overall we had a great stay and I would recommend the campground.

Basic but nice

This is a pretty basic campsite, but I enjoyed it.

• I'm a tent camper and had to move sites since the one I originally picked didn't have an area for my tent. Make sure you get there by 3ish to check that your site can accommodate a tent and stakes
  • Site had a grill, table and firepit
  • Sites were very close together
  • They were out of firewood to purchase, but you are allowed to bring your own
  • There were a lot of Ole Miss students at the park playing disc golf
  • Bathrooms are pretty old
  • I could hear highway traffic at night, but it wasn't too distracting
  • I would camp here again
Wonderful Halloween park

My wife and I have only camped here once. It won’t be the last time, but we were invited to the halloween get to gether at the park . And we had no idea it was such a big deal. But we drove down and visited and hung around for the festivities and boy was it worth it. Every camp site had wonderful decorations and the kids had such a blast. It was awesome. And the rest of the year it is a quiet getaway.

Nice and quiet

Older state park that could use some TLC, but it was peaceful and quiet. The bathrooms were clean and stocked. We were only able to spend a little time at the lake as we were in the area for a family gathering, in New Albany, so spent the bulk of our weekend away from the park. Friendly front gate staff. We would definitely stay here again.

Nice and Peaceful

We spent an afternoon here exploring and checking into the campground for future stays. It’s an older, rustic campground and the age shows. However, if you are looking for a peaceful, private campground, this is it. The bathrooms are old, but clean. I’m leery of old bathrooms, but I can make this one work. The lake is great for fishing and has two piers to use, plus a small boat launch. there is no swimming in this lake. Rumor has it that there is Walleye fish in this lake! Looking forward to staying here in a couple of weeks to see if we can catch one!

Other activities include frisbee golf, hiking trail, two playgrounds, volleyball and a large day use area.

Great Campground and disc golf!

Wall Doxey is a well maintained campground. The sites are far enough apart to not feel on top of your neighbor. The playground could use an update, but it does the job keeping the kids entertained. The highlight for us is the disc golf course the winds through the pine forest. That also leads me to the one negative…the pine trees… If you are camping here anytime during the warmer months, be ready to pick ticks off of everyone! other than that, this is a great campground for tents or RV’s with water and electric sites.

Lovely lake

This is a little state park on the edge of the Holly Springs National Forest.

Yay: lovely easy hiking, lots of water activities, wooded campsites, simple and pretty. Nice basecamp also to explore the forest and nearby wildlife refuge.

Nay: not the fanciest campground, extremely basic but that’s not a problem for me. Close to a university, so one time we had a problem with rowdy college students, but the park rangers took care of it quickly and effectively! None of the campsites are right on the water, but some are a short walk.

Surprise: perfect stop on a road trip, close to Graceland!

Lovely lake

This is a little state park on the edge of the Holly Springs National Forest.

Surprise: perfect stop on a road trip, close to Graceland!

Beautiful Forest

Holly Springs gives its visitors a wonderful, beauty within a land of trees and nature. As you wake up to the morning light, you can hear the faint chirping of birds as the sun slips over the horizon, sneaking inbetween the trees. The fact of waking up to this is a beauty within itself, but overall this is an amazing place to visit, and I would highly recommend it to anybody who enjoys camping, hiking, etc.

Such a neat place

I enjoyed this place so much! Camping, fishing, geocaching and enjoying nature.