The best BOAT IN camping near

LIMITED TIME OFFER Try Pro Free for 3 Months

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Reddochs Camping Reviews

Bathroom, shower, trail. What more do you need. I wanted to checkout the trail but the rain kept coming but at least it was warm 65°. Nice place to stop on my journey east. Not too many people on a Wednesday night in February.

Love this place.

Something for everyone. We spent 3 nights in December 2020 and can’t wait to return. We are telling everybody about it. Shower houses spotlessly clean.

Very nice campground

We do Paul B. every spring & fall for the weekend. Beautiful view of the lake from some campsites. Have a campfire every night. Bathrooms with hot shower available. Lake has some boat traffic, but not too bad. Great place to bring the kayaks. Overall A+ in my book!

Excellent state park!

We loved our stay. Beautiful park, nice campsites, heated and clean bathroom, best spots are on the lake. We stayed in spot 15 and it was beautiful.

A couple reasons I didn’t give it 5 stars, even though we loved it. First, we reserved a spot weeks prior and someone was in it when we arrived around 5pm. The park was very helpful and accommodating once we found the right phone number. I wish they would put signs on the reserved spots to avoid the hassle.

Second, they do not sell firewood here anymore, but there is a gas station across the street that does.

Also, the fire ring and the table/grill are on opposite sides on the parking spaces and there are no cooking grates on the fire ring unfortunately. But the grill was very clean!

But seriously, would recommend!!! Just want to help our fellow campers out with some details of the digs!

Merry Christmas

We spent Christmas Holiday in this Beautiful Mississippi State Park,  we have family in the area so instead of Hotels we bring the motorhome down and spend the week here! The park is clean the lake is wonderful and the folks that manage the property are Great look forward to next year!!

Keith and Barbara

I grew up camping this park.

It was nice to revisit this park and reminisce. This is a very well maintained park with nice shady campsites. It is definitely one of the best parks in the area. They have bath houses with washers and dryers on site. The campgrounds have their own beach but, the bottom is usually soft and oozy mud. Good fishing out on the lake. Used to be good bass in the Lilly pads on the opposite side of the bridge. If you travel this area I would recommend staying at this park!

Personally , I will not be stopping here again

Please understand. This is my personal opinion. Pads were mostly small with biggish drop off from steps to camper usable site. Not my favorite. Every COE site we have been to beats this.

Family

Went the weekend they opened in 2020 after a brief COVID shutdown. Full of families having a great time getting away. Really nice campground. We will return.

Big nice place

Lot’s to do here. Hiking, boating, pool, water slides.

Very nice and peaceful!

Very nice and clean campground. Plenty of room between spaces. Space was uneven but nothing my leveling blocks couldn't handle. Had water, 50/30 amp and sewer hook-up. There is also a dump station on the grounds. Had picnic table about 10-15 ft from camper slab. Also had fire pit about 15 ft from camper slab. There was a beach area on the property but my wife said there was a lot of soft mudd on the bottom rather than sand. You can rent jon boats and paddle boats for the lake. They also have a boat launch. We have Verizon and our friends have AT&T. Both of us had terrible connectivity. There is no WiFi. They had clean restrooms and bath houses. Also had washer and dryers. There are Cabins and tent sites also. No alcohol is allowed on the grounds. You check-in kinda like a drive thru, you pull up to a window and they check you in. You don't have to get out of your vehicle until you are in your spot. On the day we were there, there is some property near by that was having a dove hunt and basically just a lot of shooting. It woke us up pretty early Saturday morning but that won't happen all the time. Plus that's not the campgrounds fault. We stayed in a double spot #'s 31 and 32. We would go here again.