The best WALK IN camping near

LIMITED TIME OFFER Try Pro Free for 3 Months

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Dennis Settlement Camping Reviews
Nice size TV park w cabins

Thanks dyrt for pointing us here. For 30$ a night u get a level gravel drive thru spot electric, sewer, water, and wifi,laundry facilities and bath house very very clean. Very quiet all thru the day and night. Friendly people all round. 5 min to walmart, tractor supply, and many restaurants and gas stations. Spacious lots so you arent right up on each other. Theres rental lots and cabins by the night, week and month. Theres saved spaces for those who just want a pulling over night. Theres big rigs here and small ones. Vintage and brand new. These are friendly people you can sit a chair or 2 outside and not have someone pounding on your door at 7am yelling about a toy or a chair left out all night. This is our face in canton so far. Lovely place with country atmosphere. Pet friendly and spacious. All u need is right here. Thank you ms. Kay and staff.

Nice near hiway

Easy access. well managed. Clean Free wifi near office.

Total hidden gem and must stay

We planned on a 2 to 3 nights and stayed 5 … :).  We were at another local site and was looking for a more quite type of place so we could spend time as a family, so I called over to this place and was overwhelmed by the welcome.  It was late and dark and both owners (Steve and Patty) took my wife and I on a walk through their park with flashlights to show what we could pick from … I have never heard of such fantastic hospitality.  They just purchased the park a few months earlier and have upgraded so much it was almost new.  We eventually settled on two sites they said were rarely used because they were in the far back (#26 and #27) and remote.

The next day when we showed up to set up, they had their team already clear the sites and prep for our arrival.  One of their team members helped us set up and ensure we were fully ready to enjoy our stay.  The site was level and elec/water hook ups.  Overall, the site as secluded, quite, private. We woke up to trees all around us and only one RV long term person that we never saw many feet away.

We were told they would come by with a 'honey pot' and empty our tanks so we didn't have to move since we were staying long enough to fill them with normal use … WOW, I didn't have to hook up and move just to dump!  They did shared with us and show their portable dump tank they use when they camp … I may pick on up.

The park had new dog runs, wonderful store, excellent help, and easy dump stations.  I was concerned because of the location of the spot being at the bottom of a hill, and the owners told us not to worry … if we were not able to pull out, he would for us and didn't make us feel bad at all.  The slide was down for the winter, but it was fine.

The park is well off the beaten path so it is quite at night. Enjoyed the late night fires and early morning mists … My son was able to relax for the weekend away from the base.

Beautiful but noisy

This park is literally in the middle of Jackson, Mississippi in a beautiful setting. The lake was lovely and we saw herons, cranes, turtles and deer. The sites are right on the lake and the shower house was convenient and clean. It’s also secure; you have to have a code to enter and exit the park. The only problem was the sounds of the city. We heard sirens all night (it was Halloween night) and there is a recycling plant nearby and the sounds of crushing metal were really loud until about 11. In our tents we had to resort to earplugs. Great location. Picnic tables and fire rings.

Great for us

Needed a place to stay a night, helpful staff, quite, nice facilities.

Lovely Campground in the Woods

We stopped here for the night and were impressed by the beauty and cleanliness of this campground.  The restrooms are spotless! It has a large pool and the campsites are nestled in amongst the trees.  The owners are super friendly.  This is a great stay in a lovely area.  We will be back for sure!

Really enjoyed this place

We stayed in N28 in a 38’ gooseneck and the concrete pad was pretty much level. In fact, most sites are really level with minimal effort needed to finish leveling. Electric and water were easily accessible. The boat slip and canal were nice but crowded on Saturday morning. Very quiet campground and super clean. The office staff were very friendly and accommodating. My grandkids wanted to swim and they opened the pool gate for them to be able to swim. Did get stung by wasp on the pier, but that was not the campgrounds fault.

Surprised by this Park

Stopped here as a halfway point to our destination. Stayed two nights and now wish we did more. The campgrounds were spacious and level. The trails were Peaceful and I loved all the nature you see everywhere. Had my morning coffee and watched a 7ft gator swimming and paying us no mind. Most amazing thing I've seen. I'm a city dweller that loves nature so this was a first for me with the gator sighting in the wild. Restrooms were clean, no luck fishing but that's okay it was just great just sitting there. Love that it was close to town because one night we decided to just go out for dinner. Very quiet and I'd stay here again and again.

Clean and friendly

Home of the longest water slide in Mississippi, this KOA is a great place to stay. The staff is incredibly friendly and the facilities are clean and updated. Camp sites are relatively spread out, especially the sites for smaller campers and tents. Great place for kids, with the pool, slide, game room and very small playground. There supplies store but it doesn’t have much in it. There weren’t many people staying when we did, so was a nice quiet stay.

Check in time is 2pm, check out noon. The slide is only open Saturday and Sunday from 2pm-6pm. Pool is open daily from 10am- 8pm.

Great for kayaking

I love local so we have been many times just to walk around or let the dogs swim, but have never camped. They offer canoe and kayak rentals. We own our own but have kayaked through this stretch of strong river many times. It’s a nice peaceful trip. As for the campground, the park is run down and the river is usually crowded with swimmers in the summer. There are a lot of poisonous snakes at this spot so be aware of your surroundings