Camping in West Petersburg

121 Reviews of 19 West Petersburg, Indiana Campgrounds

Steve D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Classic state park campground

Everything was clean and exactly what you’d expect from an Indiana state park. This is a big campground so things are a bit cramped but we went on a rainy weekend so we had plenty of room. There is a pool in the park (closed to do COVID) and decent hiking trails.

m
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

First visit to campgrounds

Our spot was great and didn’t require much leveling. We did get a deluxe spot. However we only got the spot because at the others were sold out. Many of the other Spots were on hills and right on top of each other. Driving in and out was a bit challenging mainly because a lot of people parked their…

Site53-D
J
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2021

Great fishing

Campground can be crowded when the fishing is good. I rated it on the fishing. We have to park our camper in the primitive section because so many people are there. We run off of solar. The ladies bathroom has a toilet that runs continuously and the showers are so hot that you can get burnt. I have…

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Close to the lake

Nice little campground next to a small lake. We stayed for one night. Sites are big and spaced apart. Nice and quiet, apart from the interstate background noise which is noticeable but not too bad.

Nathan W.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Avoid 33-P at all cost

Sites are close together. 33-P is terrible. Took me an hour and an engineering degree to get it leveled safely.

Site33-P
FThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Top Flight State Park

This is a huge state park! There are lots and lots of campsites in this state park bordering the Wabash River. Sites are divided into smallish areas some for tents, some for RVs and some mixed. Lots of trees for shade. Bathhouses in each area with showers and toilets. Very clean & well…

E
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Wonderful place

Very convenient located easy parking beautiful little ponds for fishing

L
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Fun family campground

This is a great location near the lake, dog park and community center and has excellent internet access.

Site80-L
t
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2021

Montgomery rv park

This is a nice but old campground almost all sites are here year around fishing is good very quite if I can get another site next yr I'll come back

Jeannie B.The Dyrt PRO User

Tent sites are primative

Bathrooms are a hike so plan ahead if you are tent camping.

Sitetent. no site #
David E.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2021

Great park and friendly staff

This park is gorgeous! I needed a place to say to visit a family member in the Hospital in Evansville and this park was a great place to stay and relax after long day. Must of the park I didn’t explore, but they have a lot to offer. Bathrooms/showers are good, sites are good, and staff is very…

JThe Dyrt PRO User

Nice place

Is more like a fairgrounds but still a great place. Lots of places to walk. Great views of the small lake.

Jim C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Nice quiet park

Owners so friendly easy to work with and great facilities

Month of VisitOctober
Jim C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Very quiet

Definitely more toward outdoorsman nice sites limited facilities but exactly what they say it is

Month of VisitOctober
C
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Wonderful place to stay

I absolutely love camping here. I went for years with my family growing up in a pop up and pull behind. I recently went tent camping there and it was awesome as usual. Some of the trails are a little rough, as in could use some mulch or rock but other than that it was really nice. There is a lot…

• The river bed, one of the trails takes you past
  • The river bed