the dyrt
No WiFi
Turkey Run State Park is located in Indiana
28 Reviews of Turkey Run State Park
THE BEST!

Turkey Run is one of my top 2 campgrounds in Indiana! We camped here during the Covered Bridge Festival, which is really hard to get a site, book early if you're wanting to do that. We went during the week so it was easier to get a campsite.

Our site, 226 was on a small loop that was nice and wooded. The campground staff was really good at keeping the noise down, we've had problems with noisy campers before so that was nice to see.

My absolute favorite part though, is the trails. You completely forget you're in Indiana. We went on trail 5 I believe which ran through a creek bed for awhile and that made it even more fun. We normally have our kids (4 and 1.5) but were kid free this time. We wouldn't have been able to take them on this trail at this age.

If you're into kayaking or canoeing, there are several canoe liveries that service the area and a trip down Sugar Creek is always a good time.

Put this one on your must see list!

Great camping

We were here this past July the campsite was perfect! It was in loop plenty of room for us. The showers and restroom were very clean considering as busy as it was. Hiking were beautiful trails. We enjoyed it so much going again next year!!

Nice campground; AWESOME hiking!

This is one of our favorite camping destinations! The park and facilities are clean, and the trails and scenery are out of this world. It is very beautiful there in the fall! We had terrible cell reception, but I enjoyed that “issue”!

Beautiful Trails

Beautiful trails with a variety of challenge levels. Many great sights to see and very well maintained. We loved the bridge across the river. We visited during the weekend and it was not overcrowded. The did not get any cell service or internet while there, so be aware if that's important to you!

Love this place!

There is lots to do here! I came here earlier in the summer for a day of hiking and really enjoyed it. We hiked for hours and only covered a small protion of the trails available. There are so many nice spots to take in the views. Its dog friendly but some trails have steep parts with ladders so you'll have to keep to the more shallow trails. The trails can also get full of people during the midday and early afternoon so get out early. I can't wait to come back amd explore all there is to see.

Hiking is amazing but campground can be busy

Recommend going in the off season if you want to visit. The park is overrun in the summer months and week days in the spring can be overrun with school groups. That being said, we have visited here for 15 years and continue to return and invite friends! The hiking trails are extensive and fun. You walk they creek beds, climb boulders and waterfalls. There is horseback riding and canoes/kayaks available nearby. Also a nice visitor center and historic home onsite. We find Geodes in the riverbed often!

Marvelous!

One of the best parks in Indiana! If your looking for rugged trails look no further. For the most part campground is nicely shaded.

It's what you make of it

There are different places to camp. It's normally clean and quiet but it's what you make of it. There is really beautiful land out there.

Absolutely Incredible

I had heard about Turkey Run a few times but never thought much of it. On my way through we decided to stop in and we were so blown away we stayed the night. This state park is definitely the Gem of Indiana . There are lots of view stops along the river, the suspension bridge is super neat, and the rocks, waterfalls, and streams will have you awestruck the whole time. I cannot wait to return, I’m sure it is breathtaking in the fall. there are lots of inclines and steps , not much of it was extremely easy hiking, but we did see lots of families with kids doing just fine. We camped out of our Jeep and didn’t have any issue. My favorite part about camping is the sunrise and Turkey Run was not disappointing.

Summer fun in the Indiana sun!!

We were able to reserve our spot online weeks in advance. Check-in & check-out times are 2pm every day. Each camp spot has a nice metal ringed firepit with a grill grate for cooking on the fire. Camp store is filled with stuff you'd need on case you forgot it, and they have plenty of firewood for sale too! My wife and I will definitely be going back every summer now that we know how gorgeous Turkey Run State Park is!! There have over 10 miles of hiking trails ranging from novice to expert. There is also a kayak rental company right down the road called Sugar Creek Valley where you can rent kayaks, canoes, and even tubes to float down the river on.