Fort Wayne, INDIANA

Most Recent Fort Wayne Camping Reviews
Our very first camping experience

This was our very first camping trip with the travel trailer and we loved it! We had family come up and really enjoyed it. We found a little hiking trail with the family and enjoyed taking our dog out on it. We will absolutely be going back next year!

Incredible

A lot of the campsites were closed due to flooding but we managed to have a site that was untouched. During a walk, we stumbled down to the reservoir. The view was incredible and eye opening to my daughter who has never seen the effects of flooding. The site was awesome and we enjoyed our weekend stay.

Great Family Camping

We visited on one of the Halloween weekends. Lots of things for the kids to do. Haunted hayride and haunted house. We have been going for 10 plus years

Nice park

Second time here. Sites are shorter and sometimes uneven. Bike trail, hiking trails, store, beach, inn, nature center.

Kil-So-Quah

We love camping at Kil-So-Quah. A nice quiet get away!

Clean, friendly staff

Camped here in the fall, very few campers here, loved it

Great hiking

Nice campsites and great hiking. The raccoons were pretty annoying though.

Ok

This was an overnight stay on our way to Pennsylvania. It would be a bonus for big rigs as the pull Throughs are flat and easy to get into. We tend to prefer a back in because it usually gives us a bit more protection on the backside. Unfortunately, the site we were assigned took three blocks to level up, the the power was on the wrong side and our picnic table was in the back area of another camper. The bathroom was nice and close and handy. Some great effort has been made to make it attractive with two-tone tile but that is all overshadowed by the amount of spiders and bugs. I am a full-time RV year and shower all over the United States and this was one of the buggiest ever. The majority of this campground is for seasonals. There are some very nice seasonal lots with a small pond in their back Yard. The owner was very friendly and helpful on the phone. Serves a variety of needs.

Best place and the best friends

We wish the park was closer to home so we could go all of the time. We have met amazing people and there is so much for our daughter to do. We love Yogi!

Not feeling the love

When researching our trip, I came upon this state park right on the Maumee River and was very surprised to find it had not been previously reviewed. The website indicated the sites were tent only but when I called, I was told we could park and sleep in our campervan. When I tried to make reservations, there was a two-night minimum on the weekends and we were just passing through so I decided to see if we might be able to snag one night if there were sites available.

There is a two-mile road to the campsites once you enter the park and along the way, we passed many pull-out day-use picnic areas on nicely manicured grounds. Once we reached the campsites, there seemed to be less attention paid to the area. Turns out that there were only a very few sites that had paved pads that would accommodate our van; the rest were clearly for tents only (but there was no way to tell this from the website). Even though I had seen that about half of the sites were reserved, there was no one there at 4:30 on a Friday. There did not seem to be any staff or rangers on-site and there is self-registration. The rates seemed kind of steep ($19 on weekdays; $20 weekends and $22 on holiday weekends) for sites with no hookups and only porta-potties. We saw some people fishing near the dam and perhaps the campground would be suitable for these folks and/or people boating/kayaking in who portage down the river (there is a marina) but it just did not feel like a place we wanted to camp.

Great place

For a city campground it’s very nice and friendly atmosphere and very quiet place to relax and enjoy a long weekend

Great little campground

This campground is very nice. There are pit toilets, electric and non-electric sites. There are many sites which are pretty large. Some sites around the back are more private than others. There are not trails to hike but some space to bike. Access to the lake is quite a distance from the actual campground. Also, there is a shooting range across the lake so there is gunfire most of the day.

Very nice

Good servis, clean, polite peoples,

Great family camping

If you are looking for lots of things to do and water fun, this is your place! Lots of scheduled activities and playgrounds available. Nothing compares to their outdoor pool areas and 2 jumping pillows. Only complaint would be that if you are planning a summer weekend you have to book wayyyyy in advance due to demand.

Great time with skoolies

Met up with 18 other skoolies our first Indiana meet. Met great people had a fantastic time. Great park kids swam, showers are clean. Electric at sites but water isn’t but very close by.

Quiet county campground

Quiet county campground with full hook up, staff helpful nice facility.  Very family friendly

A lot of things for the kids to do.

This is not a quiet getaway place but great for kids. There are 1400 sites, most of them are owned sites. Rent a golf cart is a must, this place is huge!!

The lakes are the best!

I love the lilly pad "maze"through the lake, by far the most fun I had there, and it's the most beautiful part of the park. Can't wait to go back!

DNR is nice

They have a awesome Mariana ppl are friendly clean showers bathrooms access to lake

DNR are real pricks they try to get you out of money

The DNR acted that he was cool after I explained my situation on to basically belittle me they need a people class

Enjoying our stay

Very nice campgrounds. Payment needs to be by cash or check which I thought was strange in this day and age. Everything is neat and orderly. Roads are a nice and white rock. The pool is small but really nice, 4'6" deep. We found out the hard way toddlers who are not potty trained are not allowed in the pool even with swimmy diapers on. There a basketball net, volleyball court, small playground and fishing ponds. Our camping has a little porch which seemed awesome but with our camper's stairs it was difficult to back in properly. Grounds are well well kept. Enjoying our stay so far!

Beautiful lakes

Can get pretty busy during summer weekends. Nice park, good trails and the lakes and very nice. Good fishing areas. You can rent boats here. Campground is decent. Primitive sites are bigger than the RV sites and in more wooded area, but there are not many sites. Staff is friendly and welcoming. Only one car per site, but there are two large visitor lots for extra cars.

Beautiful Stay

I have stayed in the Inn and the camp site. I highly recommend it. There are so many activities that people of all ages can enjoy! I Particularly like the horse back riding trails, and in the winter there are toboggan rides!

Family Fun and bountiful acitivities

I have stayed at this state park many times since I was little. There is so much to do. Between the hiking trails, boating, fishing, kayaking, canoeing, and biking. You won’t ever get bored. The facility is clean and very safe.

CCC structures make it!

Beautiful, park-like, large campground with mature trees and nice bathrooms with showers.

Lots to do

They have lots of hiking, biking, and boating. They have cabins, rob hook ups, and tent camping.

I grew up near here

The sites are well cared for and the rest rooms and showers are well taken care of. They have to and rent camping sites. Primitive camps sites are open year round.

Bleh

Kids and I enjoyed our time visiting friends however being to sites away from the pavilion and the band the campground provided going well past quiet hours. Let a dirty taste in my mouth for the rest of our stay

Great family spot

Nice quiet campground. Plenty of activities for families to do. The kids loved the Bison. 200 ft fire tower you can climb. Beach is nice.

Very nice

Very clean, camp sites are spacious and well taken care of. Restrooms and showers are clean. Very nice that each camp circle has a easy in out dump station. The beach is well groomed and taken care of. Already planning our return trip