About Clifty Falls State Park
Clifty Falls State Park is located in Indiana
19 Reviews of Clifty Falls State Park
Adventures At Clifty Falls

To take a break and unwind from your everyday work life / family drama, walking the trails of Clifty Falls is really a way to clear your head. We saw two groups of people walking the trails. They are absolutely the most friendliest people. If you want to engage in a conversation, you can, or I’m sure people will notice if you wanna just do your thing in nature.

I would recommend going, absolutely! It’s an experience you can’t take back.

Oh and I would tell you about the actually Trail to the Falls, but you’ll just have to see it for yourself. I can’t tell you what’s going to happen at the end of the movie, haha!!

Pretty Cliffty

The trails is this park are long, but lead you through some of the most amazing sites to see. The shorter trails are pretty simple and loop you around to where you began. I would suggest that if you have kids, that they enjoy hiking. The camping was pretty nice. The shaded areas are worth it considering that many of the sites are in the open and get more than plenty of direct sun. The showers and bathrooms in the powered section are ok, nothing pretty to look at. The showers i. The non-powered campsites are amazing! They are well ventilated and have plenty of sinks and shower stalls. It’s a short trip to the front checking office for wood and ice, and a great place for your little bike riders while you sit back and relax. Most everything is a short drive to and from. The pool in the park is pretty nice with a slide and diving boards, but does cost to enter. The power sites are pretty big and are spread out pretty well. Overall it is a place we plan to revisit in the future.

Awesome camp grounds!

Spaced out, great distance. Bathrooms are really clean! Some critters roam around, so lock up your food. Great hiking spots around, bring plenty of fire wood!!

Don't Recommend Non-Electric Sites

Out of all places I've camped in Indiana, this is, by far, the worst. Please note that this is for the non-electric sites. Reasons for the low rating:

• the firewood that they sell to you is complete crap. It's so wet and damp that you can't burn it. We have had to take every single batch back we've purchased cause it's so bad. They don't do refunds.
  • The playground is so close to most campsites in the non-electric section. I'd recommend getting as far away as possible as the screams of children echo like birds flying throughout the campground.
  • Not the park's fault, but raccoons are horrible here. I'm talking, "walk up to your campfire as you're sitting next to it and steal food that's on the burner" bad. Lol.

We were lucky enough to find a campsite (#118) very far away from the playground which was surrounded by grasses that separated the campsites surrounding you which was very nice. Again, the raccoons were horrible though.

Season

The falls are no there if there is no rainfall or snowmelt …. I was very disappointed…. beautiful if you can go when they are in season to see them …..

Clifty Falls Primitive campsites

Nice sized campsites with good amount of space between sites. Pottable water spigots every 8 or so sites. Have to drive to trail heads from campsites. Beautiful trails to hike! Enough trails so you don't feel crowded by others

Beautiful Area

This campground is located in the shadow of Madison, IN. There are trails for all levels of expertise.

Te reason I gave this park a 3 is because the campground was not mown when we got there, calf deep grass, and the person at the campground gate handed us a map, and that was it, no hello, how are you, zip. In general the staff was not overly friendly or approachable.

Hving said the above, we totally enjoyed the trails, falls, and other sites to see around the park. I would recommend this park to anyone. We will go back. We didn't see everything in the area even though we were there5 days…

Regatta night

Regatta on the Ohio 2018 awesome event I partake in every year. Big name bands, amazing boats, incredible speed rooster tails, and amazing food. MUST GO

On the Ohio River

Awesome place for water sports and fishing!

Clifty falls of Madison Indiana

great visit at this park! downtown Madison is a beautiful old town, with a newer northern section of town. "Old madison" is full of events when scheduled correctly. This last weekend 7-7-18 and 7-8-18 we spent time at the Regatta boat races and camping. Great events, great camping, plenty of hiking trails and beautiful waterfalls!