About Clifty Falls State Park
Clifty Falls State Park is located in Indiana
16 Reviews of Clifty Falls State Park
Don't Recommend Non-Electric Sites

Out of all places I've camped in Indiana, this is, by far, the worst. Please note that this is for the non-electric sites. Reasons for the low rating:

• the firewood that they sell to you is complete crap. It's so wet and damp that you can't burn it. We have had to take every single batch back we've purchased cause it's so bad. They don't do refunds.
  • The playground is so close to most campsites in the non-electric section. I'd recommend getting as far away as possible as the screams of children echo like birds flying throughout the campground.
  • Not the park's fault, but raccoons are horrible here. I'm talking, "walk up to your campfire as you're sitting next to it and steal food that's on the burner" bad. Lol.

We were lucky enough to find a campsite (#118) very far away from the playground which was surrounded by grasses that separated the campsites surrounding you which was very nice. Again, the raccoons were horrible though.

Season

The falls are no there if there is no rainfall or snowmelt …. I was very disappointed…. beautiful if you can go when they are in season to see them …..

Clifty Falls Primitive campsites

Nice sized campsites with good amount of space between sites. Pottable water spigots every 8 or so sites. Have to drive to trail heads from campsites. Beautiful trails to hike! Enough trails so you don't feel crowded by others

Beautiful Area

This campground is located in the shadow of Madison, IN. There are trails for all levels of expertise.

Te reason I gave this park a 3 is because the campground was not mown when we got there, calf deep grass, and the person at the campground gate handed us a map, and that was it, no hello, how are you, zip. In general the staff was not overly friendly or approachable.

Hving said the above, we totally enjoyed the trails, falls, and other sites to see around the park. I would recommend this park to anyone. We will go back. We didn't see everything in the area even though we were there5 days…

Regatta night

Regatta on the Ohio 2018 awesome event I partake in every year. Big name bands, amazing boats, incredible speed rooster tails, and amazing food. MUST GO

On the Ohio River

Awesome place for water sports and fishing!

Clifty falls of Madison Indiana

great visit at this park! downtown Madison is a beautiful old town, with a newer northern section of town. "Old madison" is full of events when scheduled correctly. This last weekend 7-7-18 and 7-8-18 we spent time at the Regatta boat races and camping. Great events, great camping, plenty of hiking trails and beautiful waterfalls!

Waterfalls.

I was kinda disappointed by the views of the waterfalls. We hiked over 9 miles and it was amazing but being able to see the actual falls was a challenge. But overall the campground was kept very nice.

Well groomed, very friendly staff, not remote

Easy to get to, in Southern Indiana. Camping was wonderful on a flat, green lawn space. Bushes between campsites gave privacy enough at night. Very nice campground.

Beautiful falls, some rough terrain, not too crowded

Clifty Falls is a beautiful State Park we’ve been two three times in the last year. It’s my boyfriend & my favorite spot and the first place we camped together. The park has 4 main big falls, all equally gorgeous and we’ve also found a few smaller falls. The park also has a tunnel that was supposed to be a railroad, which is interesting to walk through, but make sure to bring a flashlight. We love the park because it has some rough terrain that gives us a challenge and it doesn’t get too crowded. The grounds are beautifully kept and everyone is friendly. We’ve introduced a few friends to the park, and We will definitely be there many more times in the future including after we have a family of our own! Love love this park!!