the dyrt
About Clifty Falls State Park
Clifty Falls State Park is located in Indiana
15 Reviews of Clifty Falls State Park
Season

The falls are no there if there is no rainfall or snowmelt …. I was very disappointed…. beautiful if you can go when they are in season to see them …..

Clifty Falls Primitive campsites

Nice sized campsites with good amount of space between sites. Pottable water spigots every 8 or so sites. Have to drive to trail heads from campsites. Beautiful trails to hike! Enough trails so you don't feel crowded by others

Beautiful Area

This campground is located in the shadow of Madison, IN. There are trails for all levels of expertise.

Te reason I gave this park a 3 is because the campground was not mown when we got there, calf deep grass, and the person at the campground gate handed us a map, and that was it, no hello, how are you, zip. In general the staff was not overly friendly or approachable.

Hving said the above, we totally enjoyed the trails, falls, and other sites to see around the park. I would recommend this park to anyone. We will go back. We didn't see everything in the area even though we were there5 days…

Regatta night

Regatta on the Ohio 2018 awesome event I partake in every year. Big name bands, amazing boats, incredible speed rooster tails, and amazing food. MUST GO

On the Ohio River

Awesome place for water sports and fishing!

Clifty falls of Madison Indiana

great visit at this park! downtown Madison is a beautiful old town, with a newer northern section of town. "Old madison" is full of events when scheduled correctly. This last weekend 7-7-18 and 7-8-18 we spent time at the Regatta boat races and camping. Great events, great camping, plenty of hiking trails and beautiful waterfalls!

Waterfalls.

I was kinda disappointed by the views of the waterfalls. We hiked over 9 miles and it was amazing but being able to see the actual falls was a challenge. But overall the campground was kept very nice.

Well groomed, very friendly staff, not remote

Easy to get to, in Southern Indiana. Camping was wonderful on a flat, green lawn space. Bushes between campsites gave privacy enough at night. Very nice campground.

Beautiful falls, some rough terrain, not too crowded

Clifty Falls is a beautiful State Park we’ve been two three times in the last year. It’s my boyfriend & my favorite spot and the first place we camped together. The park has 4 main big falls, all equally gorgeous and we’ve also found a few smaller falls. The park also has a tunnel that was supposed to be a railroad, which is interesting to walk through, but make sure to bring a flashlight. We love the park because it has some rough terrain that gives us a challenge and it doesn’t get too crowded. The grounds are beautifully kept and everyone is friendly. We’ve introduced a few friends to the park, and We will definitely be there many more times in the future including after we have a family of our own! Love love this park!!

Father/ Daughter Trip

My daughter and I stayed in the NON-electric loop, site 122 on this most recent trip. This site was very well shaded but did not have a lot of grassy areas. This loop has a really nice shower house and restroom facility centrally located in the loop. Sites are sectioned off by a strip of non-mowed tall grass for privacy. Both electric and non-electric loops are very will maintained. The park is a beautiful park with lots of hiking, 3 waterfalls, a cave, nature center and inn/restaurant. There is also a very nice pool located close to the campground. There is a walking trail to the pool from the electric loop. I have stayed at Clifty Falls State Park since I was a kid and I will continue to visit the park.