Equestrian
About Chain OLakes State Park
Chain OLakes State Park is located in Indiana
17 Reviews of Chain OLakes State Park
Beautiful Trails and Scenery

Came here for a trail race in October. The park is home to some beautiful water and trails to enjoy. The park is quite clean and they have very nice facilities for campers and daytrippers alike.

Once a Favorite, Always a Favorite

I’ve been coming to Chain O’ Lakes with my family ever since I can remember. We’ve been camping countless times, swimming, canoeing, hiking, you name it! Now I’m showing my own dogs and friends the joy of this park as an adult and I couldn’t be happier. Campground is kept clean and any amenities are within walking distance. Trails are clearly marked with the occasional map popping up here and there for you to make sure you’re on the right track. The lakes are gorgeous, don’t miss your chance to take a canoe out and explore!

perfect for families

I have been to this campground as a child many times and as an adult many times. The campground has multiple play grounds and is perfect for the family that likes to explore nature. There are miles and miles of trails that take you through the woods, meadows, and around the lakes.

Sun not Shade

We reserved a site listed as full shade. Heat index was mid-90s By noon it was full sun. Grooming around site, 182, was mostly dirt. Best thing about the sun was it didn’t cause a mud hole. Lots of group camping which challenged restrooms and shower. Possible that any other weekend stay I might give it higher ratings. Lesson learned know your camp sIte. Nice camp store and every one was courteous.

Clean

The the campground at self is very clean and easy to navigate. I was not particularly happy with my campsite it was a lot smaller space for my tent then what look like in the picture. I would like to see them improve their trails and have better directional signs as to which path is which. When we went to rent canoes and paddle boats they only have the generic canoes and no paddle boats where in working order. We spoke with the naturalist and volunteered our time she was absolutely fantastic. I would definitely go back.

laid back

Medium sized campground with decently sized lots. Very relaxed even over 4th of July Holiday. Nice camp store for firewood and the extras forgotten. Great little beach. Wonderful small lakes connected by shady canals

clean

The campground is clean, lots of stuff for the kids to do. Last 2 trips have been good, but some shady people sometimes. Campground is always quick to fix issues.

Family friendly with water front activities

Tge camp ground is very clean and well laid out. Their camp store is stocked. Friendly staff. Beautiful hiking trails

Much to do if desired, fishing, boating, swimming, hiking much more!❣️

Wooded, grassy, all conveniences, friendly, huge playground for kids yet it offers peaceful enjoymentl so what more can you ask for while camping🐟🤩 Close to small town, Albion with a great brew pub, scenically Historic Courthouse and little shops one small grocery also straight due South appx 15mi is another Historic Courthouse in Columbia City offering a bit more retail. As mentioned, boat rentals & the fishing is very rewarding with great tasting panfish and an inside fish cleaning station of clean & no bugs convenience. Sandy beach swimming with hot showers and snack shack. Bird watching is a must for me giving me a real sense of peace and fulfillment! Happy travels and enjoy our green country of lakes and farms in NE Indiana 💞

Paved bike paths for miles, very family friendly, quite, loved camping here

The campground is decent sized, very nice, plenty to do, hiking, swimming, fishing, biking, boating….