Indiana Dunes National Park, INDIANA

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Indiana Dunes National Park Camping Reviews
Great Indiana State Park

Great walking trails, great for families with youngsters. Park activities and lots of trail walking. 25 mins away from South Bend/Mishawaka and 40 mins away from Elkhart and there RV Hall of Fame. Only electric at sites but they are big and roomy. Quiet and full of wildlife.

Lots of fun in a small campground

Very clean and well-kept park. Lots of fun activities on the weekends for the kids and FREE! They have movie nights, we met Disney characters, did crafts, and enjoyed the barrel train & ice cream sundaes. The actual spots aren’t huge, but since the campground is smaller that wasn’t a shock. It was small enough for our kids to ride bikes around alone and they frequented the park, which we could see from our site. Jumping pillow & mini golf were also a hit. The showers were very clean & had good pressure & hot water. My main gripe was the pool. No steps to walk in so it was very hard for our 2 smallest kids to use it. Not a problem for older kids who can swim, but disappointing for smaller kids. *my husband went with a broken leg and got around there just fine thanks to it being such a small park.

Clean, open, friendly staff

Enjoyed the fall, clean open camping. Level site, fire ring and pets welcome.

My old stomping grounds. Your basic Indiana woodsiness.

Came here a lot as a kid. Keep meaning to go back. Lots of pretty trails and canoeing opportunities. Last time I camped was near memorial day, and somehow it felt like the four of us had the whole park to ourselves. I can still smell the pine.

Your usual campground

The campground facilities are great, the hiking is excellent, and tubing on the river was wonderful. I highly recommend the fire watch tower if you hike through. Only real drawback is the neighbors are very close with few trees between sites

Hilly Hikes

The campsite is your usual state park site. Potable water, toilets and showers available in the off season. Pretty crowded even when it's chilly out. Great hiking, pretty hilly if your from anywhere in the Midwest

Beautiful Park

We have been blown away by the efforts put into Indiana’s state parks and Potato Creek is no exception. Well kept, beautiful grounds and trails. Restrooms are a bit dated, but clean and functioning. Our daughter loved the play area and huge grassy area to run around on. The Peppermint Hill mountain bike/hiking loop was really fun and not to be missed. Seems like a very popular place, even in the off season, so you’re best bet is to make a reservation or call ahead to make sure they can accommodate you.

Amazing Campground

The campground is amazing! Our campsite had so much room. It was easy to back our trailer into and had room for an extra guest. The beach walk is beautiful! We played on the beach with the dog and took a 7 mile hike through the woods and onto the beach. The hike was very difficult once we hit the beach but my 8 year old pushed through. Lesson learned. I highly recommend this campground!

Lake Michigan camping with dunes and trails

I remember coming here when I was young but haven’t stayed here in decades. It was time to try it out again. We arrived around 5 or 6 and found lots of open sites on a Wednesday. They put us in a nicely wooded site with empty neighboring sites. We could see our neighbors and others walked by on the road so there were plenty of people in camp. There were water puddles in the road and some campsites. It rained during the night too. Our site is sandy with no grass which wasn’t as great with the wetness. However it’s camping at the dunes so it’s expected. The vault toilets are ok- one had standing water in the corner. Water is available a few sites down and a garbage bin is on the way out. We camped in the rustic loop- no electric or other hookups. There is a larger section with 2 loops that has these amenities. Showers are also located over there. It’s a longer walk or you can drive to the showers.

We tried hiking and found fallen trees blocking the path. There are other trails to choose from. Be sure to check out the beach and climb up the sand dunes.

This was a nice campground within a couple hours of Chicago.