Hoosier National Forest, INDIANA
Most Recent Hoosier National Forest Camping Reviews
There is camping

There are designated camping sites found in the forest maps

In progress

Pull through sites are spacious. Tress are young, across the road from Brown County national forest so hiking galore. And a short drive to Downtown Nashville Indiana! Hit the kettle corn stand for the best kettle popcorn around! Pool is okay a bit dated, camp store was sparsely stocked.

Camping

Fun times with family

Very shaded

I really enjoy this campground. I've camped here about 3 times and every time was enjoyable. The one thing to note is that the section of sites to the left (when looking at a map) are all very hilly so it might seem flat, but they're all divided by a lot of hills (with the most right campsites being downhill). We didn't realize this the first time we came here to camp, and the host was very accommodating and let us change sites to one closer to the restroom and to the top. It had recently rained, so we didn't want to get flooded.

They're decently spaced between each site as well. One of my favorite campsites in Indiana.

It's got everything!

Full hook-up or water and electric sites, sites are level. Tent sites available. This place has zip-lining, paintball, arrow tag, ATVs, off-road tours, mountain biking, hiking, cabins. It's near Nashville, IN's quaint shops, music venues, Stoney Lonesome, Gnaw Bone, and, of course, beautiful Brown County State Park.

(Four stars because we stayed there during a wedding and the music and traffic from the wedding was a bit intrusive; also, because when we arrived at our campsite we had to ask management to remove a squatter, so the site was not clean).

Extremely Quiet

This is one of the quietest campgrounds I have stayed at so far. The sites are large with many options for shade or open. They have great hiking trails, a creek off of the Ohio river to fish, and a boat ramp to the river. We did hiking trail 3 and 7 visiting Rose Island. I am only giving it 4 stars because the bathrooms could have used a good cleaning. They weren’t disgusting by any means but I have been to campgrounds with cleaner.

TRAINS. ALL. NIGHT. LONG.

OMG, the trains. All night, every night. I'm a heavy sleeper and it sounded like the trains were going to crash into our RV and we were across the row from them. Staff is very nice, nice laundry and close proximity to Louisville. Unfortunately, the sites are just gravel and literally on top of each other. I could sit on my picnic table facing my camper and lean against my neighbors rv.

Camping

Nice quiet and a Great Lake to go fishing.

great family camping

Delaney Park is a great family place .nice cabins good fishing and lots of boats to rent or bring your own. Camp how you like, from Primitive to Glam-ping. Its at the start to a Fifty mile trail ( Knobstone Trail) or you can do the Delaney Loop in about 6 hours. ( 7.5 miles and 2000 ft elevation change ) a good challenge for all ages. trail is well marked and maps at gate. Lots to do and also nothing to do. Bring whole Family and Friends for a great weekend or just a day

Very nice

We love camping here. Very clean bathrooms and shower houses

Great Family Fun and Adventure

Such a wonderful family oriented campground with excellent amenities. Pets are allowed and the sites are gravel or concrete. Relax at the pool, enjoy mini golf, playing at the game room, mining for gems, or shooting some hoops. There is also a shuttle that will take you to Holiday World. Don’t have an RV? Not an issue, choose a cabin, cottage, or stay in one of the rental RVs. They offer restrooms, showers, heat, kitchens and a lot more.

Taylor Ridge is awesome!

All of Brown County State Park is beautiful, be we particularly love camping down in Taylor Ridge! It’s very secluded, quiet and beautiful. We have not made a long trip there yet, so we are not aware of the condition of the facilities. But I’m sure they are just as beautiful as the rest of the park. Brown County is the whole package, camping, hiking, horseback riding, breath-taking overlooks. It’s definitely worth the trip! I recommend spending an afternoon in Downtown Nashville while you’re there! It the the most adorable little town.

Best Indiana family camping!

We love spending time at McCormick’s Creek. The facilities are always very clean. We were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the bathrooms and showers in the campgrounds. We have never seen bathrooms that nice and clean at any state park. The playgrounds were clean and provided lots of fun for our son. The trails are so nice and very well-maintained. Our 5 year old had no problem hiking any of the trails we took. Wolf Cave and the Falls are definitely worth seeing! Wolf Cave is quite a thrill and the Falls are so serene and beautiful. Even the dump station is very nice and well maintained. We never have any problems at all during our stays at McCormick's Creek. The staff, facility and park are all so wonderful.

“In the heart of beautiful Brown County”

This is a beautiful State Park situated in the rolling hills of southern Indiana. The park offers year around camping with reduced services in the winter months (they do have a heated bath house in the off season). Seasonal outdoor pool, hiking trails, mountain bike trails, Abe Martin Lodge with a year around indoor pool, lakes, naturalist service, nature center and horse camping/trails. The park is in close proximity to the artist village of Nashville, shopping, good dining and groceries. Autumn is the heavy tourist season with the changing of the leaves…breathtaking vistas from the parks elevated vantage points! Large rigs must access the park through the West entrance due to a low clearance covered bridge at the North entrance.

“This was a total surprise!”

Starve Hollow State Recreation Area is 280 acres that are adjacent to Jackson-Washington State Forest (18,000 acres). Starve Hollow offers a great camping experience with accommodations ranging from primitive to full hook-ups and the park is impeccably maintained. The full hook-up sites are spacious with most offering a nice tree canopy. A large number of electric only sites are bordering the 145-acre Starve Hollow Lake with a large swimming beach, and picnic area. The park offers boat, canoe, and kayak rental plus an Education Center, fishing, hiking and mountain bike trails that extend into Jackson-Washington State Forest. The surrounding communities are full of interesting history; the longest existing (460') covered bridge built in 1875, classic round barns, original iron bridges, and the historic Medora Shale Brick Plant (1904) to name a few. Easy access from I-65 via US 50 W, then SR 135 S.

Simply Divine

This park is phenomenal! With 3 Campgrounds to choose from you can’t go wrong! Amazing staff, great amenities, well kept and clean. There’s a lodge, restaurant, playgrounds, store, pit toilets, bath houses, swimming pool (fee required). Electric hookups with a dump station, and water to fill your tanks. The only drawbacks were not being able to access the new Water Park at the lodge. If you stay at lodge or in cabins you may use. Also, there is an access fee, if you’re camping it’s only paid once.

Friendly family oriented clothing optional camp

Couples and families usually welcome call befour your first visit

rentals available

pool could be better nice conversation pool

seasonsl sites available if accepted

Love;love;love

Love this place!

the campground is closed

the campground is closed for overnight camping, but this is still a beautiful lake for hiking, fishing, and my favorite, kayaking. electric motors only, so nice and quiet.

This place is gorgeous!

This campground is just beautiful. We stayed here during one of the Halloween Camping Weekends and my kids loved it. Lots of friendly people and the whole campground got into the trick or treating. The lake is so gorgeous and I cannot wait to stay here in the summer to be able to enjoy the beach. Paddle boats and canoes were available for rent. We will be back!

One of my favorites

This campground is amazing. All sites are well maintained and nice. Bathhouse is clean. Lots to do and nice paved roads for bike riding. We stayed here during a softball tournament and it was so nice to be able to come back to the campsite between games. Pool area is super nice with a waterslide, diving boards and a unique rock climbing wall in the deep end. My kids always look forward to this campground.

Hidden Gem

My husband, 3.5yo, 1yo and myself went to O'Bannon Woods the weekend before the 4th of July and I can't believe I've never been there! It's an amazing little park. We camp in a 12' pop up and our site 111 was nice for it. We did have to back between two trees at about 10pm in the dark, but we made it!

We LOVED the nature center and the living history village! The nature center had plenty of critters for the kids to look at. The living village was a pleasant surprise since I didn't realize they had one. They also have demonstrations of the hay press on holiday weekends which was really neat to watch.

We only hiked one trail and that was the one from the campground to the nature center. It was fairly rough in spots but enjoyable. The nearby caves ran by the park were a nice escape from the summer heat. We went on the short one with the kids and it was just the right length for their ages.

Also, if you like wine, there's a little winery down the road, Scout Mountain and they had the best deal on firewood along with great wine!

I can't wait to go back, I honestly can't believe I've lived in southern Indiana my whole life and have never been here.

Our favorite local campground

Charlestown State Park is a great, quiet campground for us to get away in our RV. We love that all of the sites are paved and most of the full-hookup sites offer a lot of privacy.

There is always a bathhouse close by and they are usually very clean. Staff is always super nice.

We prefer Charlestown because the hiking trails are wonderful, there’s lots of paved roads for biking, but the lack of a pool means that there tend to be fewer kids and it’s a lot more quiet than some of the neighboring state parks. There is a great boat ramp for the Ohio River so many campers are there to spend time in the river on their boats.

Great Lake Views

Our campsite had Great Lake views and a nice path to get down to the lake. Bathrooms and showers were clean.

Lots of walking!

Our Boy Scout troop enjoyed visiting this location. It was well maintained and the staff was helpful. The downside was that the aquatics area was hard to get to from our site because it was so far away. It is quite a large campground.

The climbing wall was nice. Restrooms were decent. Lots of trees in the area so it was pretty.

Place to stay close to downtown Louisville

If you are looking to be close to downtown Louisville, this is the campground for you. The staff was super nice and the location is very convenient for getting downtown. It's basically just a parking lot. Also, there is a train that runs behind the campground all night long. Keep that in mind if you are a light sleeper! There is a gas station on site which made filling up propane and gas super easy. The laundry was amazing - cheap and 6 washers and dryers. I was able to get completely caught up on laundry! We rode bikes to downtown Louisville from here and had a great afternoon. There are also neat places to go on the Indiana side of the river. All in all, we had a great stay and if we are ever in the Louisville area again we would gladly stay here for the convenience.

Large, but a sense of community.

We went for a Halloween weekend with a group of friends. We had a blast with all of the activities the park had planned. Sooo many trick or treaters (bring A LOT of candy if you plan to pass any out)! We had hammocks and campers. The sites were good sized and not “cookie cutter,” almost like no two sites were the same. We were on an outside loop so we had plenty of trees, which helped to block the wind! The grounds are huge, and everyone was so nice and participated with the holiday theme!

Great place! We will come back!

There are full hook-up sites and electric. Regular electric sites on the water are beautiful but not sure we could park our 41 ft fifth wheel on a water site. Trails are rugged at times and you can access them through campground. We are here in the fall but the beach looks like a good size. Boat rentals. Cabins look cute. We peeked in one. Double bed with bunks in room. Theres a loft for kids. A/C and heat but not bathroom. Bring a mattress or sleeping bags or you will sleep on wood. I recommend the water cabins. Playgrounds are sprinkled throughout. DNR dont patrol a lot. Quiet campground.

LOVE Trail Riding Here!

It is Beautiful! I have only been twice and we took our hours to trail ride! There are a lot of fun hills and trails that you can ride for hours which we love to do. Wish I had some pictures on this computer you will just have to go see it for your self :)

Pretty electric sites on the lake; full hookups in the woods

Take bug spray in the summer! Swimming beach and boat ramp/kayak rental available.