Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 50 ft.
Sand Creek Campground is located in Indiana
6 Reviews of Sand Creek Campground
Wooded, clean, but noisy

We tent camped for two nights while visiting Indiana Dunes. It’s only 15 minutes away, and nestled into a residential area so it’s a nice option. It’s a pretty big campground and there’s a nice mixture of grassy, tree lined tent spots and more secluded wooded spots in the woods by the creek. Also tons of RV spots. The bathroom and shower facilities were clean and there was a pool, basketball court, volleyball court, and even some cabins. The owner is nice - she’s particular about everybody doing their part to keep the campground safe and clean and has a lot of “mothering” type signs everywhere, but I felt well looked after. The noise is quite jarring for a campground that seems like it would be pretty quiet - constant train traffic, airplane noise, and if it’s windy and you’re near the trees that really adds to it. We are heavy sleepers so it didn’t bother us too much but it could be an issue for the wake prone. All in all we had a nice stay and would stay here again.

Close alternative to Dunes State Park

First time to Indiana with a quick trip to the Dunes. We were disappointed the state park was full but found this campground close by. The tent sites were very private as we were the only ones there for the night. Plenty of space tucked among the trees. Bathrooms seemed newer and were very clean. The only thing that disappointed us was the lack of COVID precautions. No mask worn by the office worker or wiping down of desk or credit card machine. Would still recommend for the future.

Clean but price is high

The campground was nice. We did a tent camp site for $32. It had bathrooms with showers and outlets and places to put your stuff. It was clean and quiet. They do have cute cottages you can rent but not sure the cost.

Perfect while visiting Indiana Dunes

We spent the weekend exploring America’s 61st National Park- Indiana Dunes National Park. The National Park campsite was full and recommended this place about 10 minutes away. It was our first time tent camping and the sites were very clean and nice. The bathrooms were also well maintained and camping staff very friendly and helpful.

very clean and friendly

Camped here because the dunes campgrounds were full. Very clean and newly renovated. The tent sites were nice and located around the perimeter.

My boys did like that there was a very nice pool.

My only complaint were the showers. The woman’s bathroom was very clean but the showers did not spray out enough of a stream to wash well.

We paid $30 a night for 4 people. when my husband came on Saturday it was an extra $5.

Conveniently located, ammenities

I stayed here for my first trip to the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore area in early June '18. It was clearly recently renovated and very nice. It was actually my first time ever staying at a private campground, so I don't have much to compare it to. But it had 2 sets of bathrooms, a pool, a basketball hoop (I don't recall if it was a court, but I think it was just one) and a prayer room. I didn't look for laundry, because I didn't need it, but the map indicates they do have it.

The main office sold firewood and ice. Otherwise, just a few lantern batteries and such. Not a "store" by any means. But it's like a 5 minute drive to grocery and gas. Great location, in fact. Less than 10 minutes from the interstate.

Light-sleepers will have difficulty anywhere in the region because of train traffic, but it was respectably secluded. Vampires beware: there's a 8-10 foot cross at the entrance. But didn't notice any garlic strewn about.

Would stay again.

(No pictures because I found this site right after I returned. Map from website because the site is glitchy and you might not find it otherwise.)

Year 2021 Flag