About Sand Creek Campground
Private
Sand Creek Campground is located in Indiana
3 Reviews of Sand Creek Campground
Perfect while visiting Indiana Dunes

We spent the weekend exploring America’s 61st National Park- Indiana Dunes National Park. The National Park campsite was full and recommended this place about 10 minutes away. It was our first time tent camping and the sites were very clean and nice. The bathrooms were also well maintained and camping staff very friendly and helpful.

very clean and friendly

Camped here because the dunes campgrounds were full. Very clean and newly renovated. The tent sites were nice and located around the perimeter.

My boys did like that there was a very nice pool.

My only complaint were the showers. The woman’s bathroom was very clean but the showers did not spray out enough of a stream to wash well.

We paid $30 a night for 4 people. when my husband came on Saturday it was an extra $5.

Conveniently located, ammenities

I stayed here for my first trip to the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore area in early June '18. It was clearly recently renovated and very nice. It was actually my first time ever staying at a private campground, so I don't have much to compare it to. But it had 2 sets of bathrooms, a pool, a basketball hoop (I don't recall if it was a court, but I think it was just one) and a prayer room. I didn't look for laundry, because I didn't need it, but the map indicates they do have it.

The main office sold firewood and ice. Otherwise, just a few lantern batteries and such. Not a "store" by any means. But it's like a 5 minute drive to grocery and gas. Great location, in fact. Less than 10 minutes from the interstate.

Light-sleepers will have difficulty anywhere in the region because of train traffic, but it was respectably secluded. Vampires beware: there's a 8-10 foot cross at the entrance. But didn't notice any garlic strewn about.

Would stay again.

(No pictures because I found this site right after I returned. Map from website because the site is glitchy and you might not find it otherwise.)