Equestrian
$30.00
Harmonie State Park is located in Indiana
21 Reviews of Harmonie State Park
Love it!

Stayed here over 4th of July weekend. Every site was booked so it was packed but the sites are comfortable size. Lots of activities were planned and we had so much fun! Loved the aquatic center!!!

Great all around campground

Nice clean campground. Most sites are pretty large. Nice pool with water slide. They just need better walking trails.

Lotsa trees

Ranger Review: Primus at Harmonie State Park

I recently visited Harmonie State Park near New Harmony, In. https://indianastateparks.reserveamerica.com/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=IN&parkId=570048 Just a heads up when camping in Indiana there is a fee to visit the State Parks. I always carry cash for that , laundry and in some states bathroom use. So, the number one thing that stuck out to me about this campground was the shade. For the most part it’s level (floodplain…I saw no standing water) And all the sites are nicely shaded (we are talking full growth) and good size. The sites are electric only, no water, no sewer. There are centrally located water hydrants and a dump station on the way out of the campground. The campground wasn’t very full when we visited, but there is a plethora of activities to enjoy. An Olympic size pool which back in the day my kids woulda loved. Hiking paths (very wide), one right by the campground and a connector trail to the mountain bike trail area. There’s also a bike section on the paved roads. You could spend a comfortable week here and not be bored.

Product Review: As a Dyrt Ranger I get to occasionally try out outdoor products while camping and this trip I brought along some Primus “kitchen gear” https://primus.us/ . Primus is known for its camping stoves , the kitchen accessories are pretty sweet too. I have the Trailsporks , a long spoon , a spatula for grilling , campfire plates and a campfire knife. These are very sturdy made accessories and pack in my kit without taking up a lot of space. There are a lot of options on the site to fit your packing needs too, from family fireside to fastpacking . I’m building my fireside kitchen kit .

Very clean and family friendly.

They have a great swimming pool. They do fun things for families to join in. They have bike trails all throughout for you to bike on. Very kid friendly!!

Large Spots, Very Shady

This campground has 200 sites, electric only. 4 nice bathhouses. Water stations throughout, can use to fill up but not stay connected to.  Most sites gravel, about a handful that are paved for handicap.

Has 3 different playgrounds throughout, recently updated. Nice nature center.

Park also has a pool, family cabins (10), and access to the river.

Edge of lower eastern Indiana

Over 200 gravel sites many sloping so choose wisely. I chose site 39 and it was close to level. Well spaced.Vault toilets and bathhouses. Only lower camp area bathhouse open before summer.Garbage bin overflowing. Fire pit, table, electric. Playgrounds. Water nearby. River with boat launch in park. Lots of bike trails. Large pool with water slide open in the summer. Same for nature center. Great trees. Quiet. Quirky little town of New Harmony nearby.

Harmomy state park

The camping has all the amenities a camper needs.

Fantastic

Nice trees and showers!

Edge of lower eastern Indiana

Great Halloween Weekend for Kids

We stayed the weekend before Halloween. We missed reserving the weekend they have the campground trick or treating, which was the weekend before, but this was just as fun. Apparently that weekend has to be reserved the day reservations open for it. They had a trunk or treat in the pool parking lot and although there weren't a ton of vehicles, it was definitely enough for the kids to have fun trick or treating. Next time we'll be sure to park and hand out candy as well. There was also a hayride in the evening for a small fee and that included making smore's at the bonfire.

We camped with 3 other families and had adjacent sites that worked perfectly for us, plenty of space for the kids to play, although a little far from the playground.

Their hiking trails are nice, at least they were years ago when I camped here as a kid. The Wabash River has a great view, so be sure to check that out too. The little town of New Harmony is so quaint, you definitely have to stroll around town and visit the sites there! It's one of our favorites that is close to home