the dyrt
Drive In, Boat In
Harmonie State Park is located in Indiana
13 Reviews of Harmonie State Park
Edge of lower eastern Indiana

Over 200 gravel sites many sloping so choose wisely. I chose site 39 and it was close to level. Well spaced.Vault toilets and bathhouses. Only lower camp area bathhouse open before summer.Garbage bin overflowing. Fire pit, table, electric. Playgrounds. Water nearby. River with boat launch in park. Lots of bike trails. Large pool with water slide open in the summer. Same for nature center. Great trees. Quiet. Quirky little town of New Harmony nearby.

Great Halloween Weekend for Kids

We stayed the weekend before Halloween. We missed reserving the weekend they have the campground trick or treating, which was the weekend before, but this was just as fun. Apparently that weekend has to be reserved the day reservations open for it. They had a trunk or treat in the pool parking lot and although there weren't a ton of vehicles, it was definitely enough for the kids to have fun trick or treating. Next time we'll be sure to park and hand out candy as well. There was also a hayride in the evening for a small fee and that included making smore's at the bonfire.

We camped with 3 other families and had adjacent sites that worked perfectly for us, plenty of space for the kids to play, although a little far from the playground.

Their hiking trails are nice, at least they were years ago when I camped here as a kid. The Wabash River has a great view, so be sure to check that out too. The little town of New Harmony is so quaint, you definitely have to stroll around town and visit the sites there! It's one of our favorites that is close to home

Away from it all

This campground only has a few full hookup sites maybe three, otherwise the sites have electric and there is a few water hookups along each of the loops to fill your potable tank with. This campground is easily three miles back from the front gate. It's quite, and peaceful. There are bath houses in between loops so there's a few and always one near by. My fiance and I have stayed here for a little over a month, sadly I was not able to try their pool out due to it already being closed for the season when we arrived. So far all the staff and maontance people have been super nice. One gentleman even gave me a ride to the front gate to pay for additional camping nights. Their is a nature center for the kids with a bunch of humming bird feeders. i myself travel with my plants and have a feeder as well. No where else have I seen so many hummingbirds there's a few at my feeder every day and I've captured really amazing pictures. I'd come back here in a heart beat.

Nice state park

Harmonie State Park is a nice campground. It has 200 sites, electric only, 5 bath houses and 2 pit toilets. There are also 11 cabins. They have a nature center in the middle of the campground that is open Thursday-Sunday in the summer. There are 3 playgrounds through out the campground. They have various events through the summer season with a big Halloween event in the fall. Most campsites are big and spacious, with several loops that allow campers to face one another. It is located back in the hills, far off the highway. Very little cell phone signal. Very relaxing and enjoyable. Olympic size pool open during summer-has water slide, diving boards, separate baby pool with shade awning, and concessions.

The state park is located on the Wabash River and has a boat ramp. They also have a youth tent area that is primitive, and day use horse trails.

Beautiful and serene

New Harmony is a great place to vacation with family. The state park is gorgeous. The small town had several antique shops and local owned restaurants.

Family friendly, quiet, lots to do

Peaceful, family friendly-playgrounds, pool, hiking trails, picnic areas, large camp sites. Cabins available. Electric hookup at trailer sites.

Nice wooded campground

Spent a night here on our way to KY. Had a problem finding our site number in the dark, as they are facing the wrong way from driving direction.

Sites are set far enough apart for privacy. As it was close to All Hallows Eve, there were lots of campers around with decorations, which was fun to see.

Clean showers, fun area for kiddos and hiking trails.

Beautiful wooded campground in southern Indiana

We've camped here for many years. Very close to historic New Harmony, but isolated from just about everything else . Come prepared with groceries, and necessities, because it's a long way to find a store. Te sites are very spacious. Only a few pull throughs. Level can be an issue, but we've never had any problems. Great hiking, children's programs. As seniors, we love the peace and tranquility of it.

Great area and spacious lots

campsite located deep within Harmonie State Park. the park has a swimming pool that is open from Memorial Day to Labor Day along with a small camp store. They sell ice and wood for campfires, just in case you run out. Shower houses are pretty clean and taken care of. We stay here many times throughout the camping season. Definitely worth the trip.

Probably my least favorite campground in Indiana ( That I've been too)

I have never been eaten up by mosquitoes as I was at Harmone State Park and then to make the trip even more miserable it was raining the whole time we were there and the site we had wasn't flat thus everything ran straight into the tent or actually puddled around the front door of it. It's very probable that there are great things about this site but if so I wasn't able to enjoy them.