Evansville, INDIANA

Most Recent Evansville Camping Reviews
Great Site Near Garden of the Gods

I’ve always used this site as a backup if Garden of the Gods is full when I get there. To be honest, this site is prettier, its just further out from the hiking I usually come to the area to do. The sites are well maintained and the area is BEAUTIFUL. The only negative thing I might be able to point out is that there seems to be poison ivy just about everywhere.

Great location

Nice camping, the restaurant/diner was really good.

The cavern was a great respite on a really hot day!

First night being in the shawnee national forest and this was one of the first places I stayed this is an excellent campsite..very nice and clean it's also by the garden of the God which if u haven't seen you should def take a trip to see

Nice campgrounds for the whole family!

There is plenty to do here for the entire family.. plus it has Holiday World right next door! Also it is a well up kept campground!

Very nice RV camp here!

This was a very peaceful and beautiful place to camp and explore. We took a break from cooking one night and ate at the Lodge located at the park. We also visited the cave and explored Garden of the Gods. We rode the Ferry to KY and picked up more camping supplies. We will definitely return!

A little slice of heaven

As a avid disc golfer. I absolutely love coming to the place for events. The permanent campers are super friendly. A beautiful lake with plenty of activities to do on it. Showers on site. Oh the disc golf course is top notice. One (if not best in the state)

Nice, kid and family friendly

This is a small campground. Campsites are tight but all centered around a decent sized bath house. There is a lot to do at this park, playgrounds, bike and walking trails and a good sized lake with a beach, all within walking distance. I would definitely do this one again.

Love it!

Stayed here over 4th of July weekend. Every site was booked so it was packed but the sites are comfortable size. Lots of activities were planned and we had so much fun! Loved the aquatic center!!!

One of our favorite places

This is one of our favorite places to camp. Very clean and lots for us to do!

Tailgate party

This was not a campground, it was a tailgate lot. Thought I was back in the Coke Lot before the Indy 500. Loud music at camp sites, people driving golf carts around playing loud inappropriate music, people driving around yelling at all hours of the night.

What's weird is that these people had no reason to do this. It seems they were being loud and obnoxious just for the sake of being loud and obnoxious. This campground seems to have this weird culture of showing off flashy golf carts. I was not impressed.

You would think the campground would try to control people a little bit but never saw an employee.

Proximity to Holiday world is awesome, facilities we're awesome. Just not a great CAMPING experience.

Great all around campground

Nice clean campground. Most sites are pretty large. Nice pool with water slide. They just need better walking trails.

Happy camper

We camped here and enjoyed our time fishing and going on the go carts. It was also nice to ride the golf cart around the park to get around. We brought ours but you can also rent. The swimming pool stays pretty full but is nice. The only negative I guess is sites are pretty close together at the sites we stayed at (there were some larger ones ) and we enjoy a little more room.

Fun for the Family!

Very clean campground, with a great family vibe to it! I used to camp here when I was a kid, and it’s still just as wonderful as I remember.

The staff are incredibly helpful. There are options for all kinds of campers: RVs, tents, cabins. If you aren’t going next door to Holiday World, they have a decent size pool and slides, as well as an arcade and playground. There is a camp store as well as a pizza place located in the center of the campground.

For the camper who enjoys to be farther from their nearest neighbor, this place may not be for you. While campsites are spacious, you can see and hear your neighboring campers. :)

Lotsa trees

Ranger Review: Primus at Harmonie State Park

I recently visited Harmonie State Park near New Harmony, In. https://indianastateparks.reserveamerica.com/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=IN&parkId=570048 Just a heads up when camping in Indiana there is a fee to visit the State Parks. I always carry cash for that , laundry and in some states bathroom use. So, the number one thing that stuck out to me about this campground was the shade. For the most part it’s level (floodplain…I saw no standing water) And all the sites are nicely shaded (we are talking full growth) and good size. The sites are electric only, no water, no sewer. There are centrally located water hydrants and a dump station on the way out of the campground. The campground wasn’t very full when we visited, but there is a plethora of activities to enjoy. An Olympic size pool which back in the day my kids woulda loved. Hiking paths (very wide), one right by the campground and a connector trail to the mountain bike trail area. There’s also a bike section on the paved roads. You could spend a comfortable week here and not be bored.

Product Review: As a Dyrt Ranger I get to occasionally try out outdoor products while camping and this trip I brought along some Primus “kitchen gear” https://primus.us/ . Primus is known for its camping stoves , the kitchen accessories are pretty sweet too. I have the Trailsporks , a long spoon , a spatula for grilling , campfire plates and a campfire knife. These are very sturdy made accessories and pack in my kit without taking up a lot of space. There are a lot of options on the site to fit your packing needs too, from family fireside to fastpacking . I’m building my fireside kitchen kit .

Sub-par campground

Cramped, hookups mis-placed and generally older and somewhat seedy. The county really needs to clean the campground up and evict some of the “Walt and Jessie” rv’s. It’s a jolt when you come up on it tucked in back by the bmx track. The park is a million times nicer than that campground.

Very clean and family friendly.

They have a great swimming pool. They do fun things for families to join in. They have bike trails all throughout for you to bike on. Very kid friendly!!

Fun!

Family had a blast here! Sites are on top of each other so be prepared when navigating and backing in. Site are level and full hook up. Tons to do and Holiday World is a shuttle ride away. Great family fun!

Large Spots, Very Shady

This campground has 200 sites, electric only. 4 nice bathhouses. Water stations throughout, can use to fill up but not stay connected to.  Most sites gravel, about a handful that are paved for handicap.

Has 3 different playgrounds throughout, recently updated. Nice nature center.

Park also has a pool, family cabins (10), and access to the river.

Family friendly near theme park

Lincoln State Park is usually packed.  It’s less than 10 miles away from Holiday World.  I think a lot of theme park visitors camp here.  I’ve stayed in both electric and primitive.  Bathhouses are kept clean and staff is friendly.  Book online using Reserve America to make sure site is available.

Edge of lower eastern Indiana

Over 200 gravel sites many sloping so choose wisely. I chose site 39 and it was close to level. Well spaced.Vault toilets and bathhouses. Only lower camp area bathhouse open before summer.Garbage bin overflowing. Fire pit, table, electric. Playgrounds. Water nearby. River with boat launch in park. Lots of bike trails. Large pool with water slide open in the summer. Same for nature center. Great trees. Quiet. Quirky little town of New Harmony nearby.

Harmomy state park

The camping has all the amenities a camper needs.

Fantastic

Nice trees and showers!

Great Family Fun and Adventure

Such a wonderful family oriented campground with excellent amenities. Pets are allowed and the sites are gravel or concrete. Relax at the pool, enjoy mini golf, playing at the game room, mining for gems, or shooting some hoops. There is also a shuttle that will take you to Holiday World. Don’t have an RV? Not an issue, choose a cabin, cottage, or stay in one of the rental RVs. They offer restrooms, showers, heat, kitchens and a lot more.

Edge of lower eastern Indiana

Great Halloween Weekend for Kids

We stayed the weekend before Halloween. We missed reserving the weekend they have the campground trick or treating, which was the weekend before, but this was just as fun. Apparently that weekend has to be reserved the day reservations open for it. They had a trunk or treat in the pool parking lot and although there weren't a ton of vehicles, it was definitely enough for the kids to have fun trick or treating. Next time we'll be sure to park and hand out candy as well. There was also a hayride in the evening for a small fee and that included making smore's at the bonfire.

We camped with 3 other families and had adjacent sites that worked perfectly for us, plenty of space for the kids to play, although a little far from the playground.

Their hiking trails are nice, at least they were years ago when I camped here as a kid. The Wabash River has a great view, so be sure to check that out too. The little town of New Harmony is so quaint, you definitely have to stroll around town and visit the sites there! It's one of our favorites that is close to home

Beautiful camp

Very nice campground with electric and water.

This place is gorgeous!

This campground is just beautiful. We stayed here during one of the Halloween Camping Weekends and my kids loved it. Lots of friendly people and the whole campground got into the trick or treating. The lake is so gorgeous and I cannot wait to stay here in the summer to be able to enjoy the beach. Paddle boats and canoes were available for rent. We will be back!

Cave in Rock State Park

Very beautiful campground and park. Very spacious sites, and there was hardly anyone there , so it seemed like we had the campground to ourselves. So peaceful. The shower house was very nice and clean and had flush toilets. However the other restrooms were not so nice (pit toilets with spiders and mosquitoes everywhere). The campground host was really nice. Also note that there is no place to buy ice or firewood nearby. We crossed the ferry and went to Marion Kentucky and found some there. The park and ferry is really cool. There is a lodge that has a nice restaurant and a bar. If you want to buy alcohol the nearest place is Elizabethtown where they have a liquor store. Overall this is a wonderful campground and we will return someday!

Fun spot

Very good owners are fantastic, events throughout the year.

Away from it all

This campground only has a few full hookup sites maybe three, otherwise the sites have electric and there is a few water hookups along each of the loops to fill your potable tank with. This campground is easily three miles back from the front gate. It's quite, and peaceful. There are bath houses in between loops so there's a few and always one near by. My fiance and I have stayed here for a little over a month, sadly I was not able to try their pool out due to it already being closed for the season when we arrived. So far all the staff and maontance people have been super nice. One gentleman even gave me a ride to the front gate to pay for additional camping nights. Their is a nature center for the kids with a bunch of humming bird feeders. i myself travel with my plants and have a feeder as well. No where else have I seen so many hummingbirds there's a few at my feeder every day and I've captured really amazing pictures. I'd come back here in a heart beat.