The best BOAT IN camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Saint Marys Camping Reviews
Stay in Loop A or B!

We love this campground. The sites in the B loop are pull through and can be converted to buddy sites (camping with a friend - face your awnings toward each other). I think you can get a travel trailer on A, B, E & G loops too but with the other loops you may be parking on the grass. The sites are sloped on loops C, D & F.

There's also a great creek off B loop that you can walk including a fun waterfall with a 'swimming hole'.

The lake has a horsepower limit and is great for kayaking or using a SUP.

There are several hiking trails near the B loop - one winds around to the lower campground. Nice elevation change. Other trails near B loop are much easier to navigate for anyone - even those with mobility challenges or pushing a stroller.

Horse Campground - Great

I came here and stayed in my tent (family had their horse trailer with camper) for a night during the chilly nights of October. I wish all campsites were like these - very, very spread out!

Totally makes sense given that you have large horse trailers/campers and also horses at each site, but even then, they were very spread out and had lots of great space to actually enjoy nature.

In terms of trails, there was a starting access point at the horse campground for horseback riding trails that also led to the horse barn, but if you are wanting to hike, you have to drive, unfortunately. Another flaw is that the bathrooms in the horse campground aren't modern and they're pit toilets. Even with the cooler weather, they still wreaked and were not pleasant to use.

Pretty awesome

Wonderful campground for the whole family. Lots to do, great children’s activities and playground. spacious and well organized with a great host. A lot extended stay guests but there is usually room for weekend and short term guests. Friendly location and the grounds are supervised so quiet in the evenings.

Great Peaceful Place

We really enjoyed our stay at Campshore. We had a 50/30 pull thru site with water, a fire ring, and a brand new picnic table. The owner was efficient and kind and we felt very welcome. Many of the sites were for seasonal guests who were able to enjoy full hook ups.

Even though we were not seasonal guests, many of those that were, were kind, one offered us kindling to get our fire going! Our children were able to do homeschooling while there and then we had ample time to explore the river shore and play on the playgrounds. We would definitely stay here if in the area again.

We stayed at Campshore in order to attend the Creation Museum. It was a great weekend all around and we enjoyed our stay.

I like it so far

Just joined.  Trying to find any city park or visitor centers permitting camping.  I know they are out there but not well known.  Easy to use.  Love the fact I can use it if offline.  I'll review in a few weeks when I actually need it.

Fun campground for pop-up campers

My wife and I had a great time visiting Hueston Woods and visiting the Raptor Center. Located north of Cincinnati along Ohio’s border with Indiana.

We stayed here with our pop up camper and felt right at home. The bathrooms and shower houses could use some updates and there were no full hook up sites when we went but our site was nice and quiet.

Our dog, loved the miniature golf and visiting Acton Lake.

Had a great time!!

A great destination for the motorcycle camper! Some really fun country roads in the area, but close to the highway aswell! The grounds are well kept. While the place is family and kid friendly, there’s still a good time/party vibe goin on too!

Fun place! But…

We enjoyed our first trip to Brookville Lake. The camping area only provides a few areas with complete hookups. The area that we were in all the sites are on a slope which required a little extra setup than normal. The restroom/bath houses could use a total updating. They are a little rough and dirty. Don’t let this stop you from visiting, the lake is great and there is plenty to do.

Decent Small KOA

Great phone, then we get there. Not super friendly to me in office but we are taken to our site and it is not my favorite. The gentleman who has shuttled us to the site goes back to the office and finds us something better suited to our needs — more private and quiet. Points for that!!

Great pool! Super clean and refreshing. Covid respectful. We did not try their cute mini-golf but I heard it is inexpensive and fun. Paddleboats, fishing, good for tykes but plenty of seniors as well. Families meeting up, nice swing seating here and there. We didn’t order it but they make and deliver pizza to your site!

The wifi worked. There is a noise curfew. This works for me!

Fabulous!

We spent 3 nights here for our maiden voyage as we picked up a new travel trailer from their local dealer, “Couch’s RV Nation”.  They had everything we needed for a pleasant stay.