The best WALK IN camping near
Perkins , INDIANA

Most Recent Perkins Camping Reviews
My 'home' campsite.

I live about 30 minutes from Kickapoo SP and anytime I feel I need to camp I head over. Great little campground in Central Illinois. Some pretty trails overlooking, beside, and sometimes through water. The RV sites are great for either rv, van, or tent camping with a lot of level ground at most sites. There are some real diamonds of a campsite hidden here that you can basically be in the woods with clear ground for a level tent. I love this simple campground and have brought a handful of friends here who also enjoyed it.

Friendly, family run campground

We normally stay in state parks, but for two different years we wanted to attend the Feast of the Hunter's Moon and this was our best option. We have a tent and a canoe, so we really enjoyed the campsites they have by the river.
 The folks who run the place are very nice, one night they even opened up the camp store so we could get tent stakes, which we'd forgotten. They are great at planning activities for the guests and really like to make people feel at home.
 In addition to the feast, nearby is Tippecanoe State Park and Frank Lloyd Wright's Samara house.

Keeping it basic (Primitive nonelectric site)

Have to walk to the site but if you want nonelectric/ primitive that’s what you get. Water pump at either side of the entry. Some outhouses available. Trails close as well as fishing areas. Large sites for camping. Deer and wildlife seen in the mornings. Really nice way to get off the grid for a second without having to go too far.

Pretty trails

We had a decently large site for our 23’ camper. Lots for the kids to do- park, beach, fishing, pretty trails, waterfall, little camp store etc… This is only an hour from us so, good place to go to get away and not have that drive far. Wish they had full hook up as the shower house we were by had ONE shower and bathrooms weren’t the cleanest. Not the worst, but could have used more attention for sure. 🤢 All in all we would go back for a short weekend.

Nice, quiet

Nice little campground. Camping spots are kinda close together. Right next to the river for fishing. They have a little arcade hall, have bingo, a swimming pool, basketball court. We were busy with kids activities so we didn’t really get to enjoy the park a whole lot but staff seemed friendly. They allow golf carts, but not electric scooters. Just a few minutes from Lafayette, Delphi, Battle Ground, so plenty of things to do nearby.

Family run campground

Pretty spots by the river but best for adults only trips as there is a step ledge. Lots of other areas too away from the Wabash and they have a campsore and game room to that the kids to. Pool was decent and bathrooms reasonably clean

Don’t Want a Pricey Chicago Hotel? Come Here!

$20. Yes, it’s an hour from the city, but I’d take the drive over the bill at a nearby hotel. There’s an outhouse and plenty of places to plug in the RV, and cars/tents are welcome too. If you’ve had an expensive, fun day in the city and can stay awake for the drive back out here, it’s a perfect place to crash.

Our favorite so far

The spots for RVs are HUGE. The roads and nice and wide and the views are beautiful. The weather was not nice to us during our stay, but we still got to get out on the lake and canoe (Kickapoo adventures). We also took a short hike when it wasn’t raining and really enjoyed it. This park has a lot more to offer than what we were able to do. I saw playgrounds, corn hole, fishing spots galore, bike trails, etc. I didn’t see anywhere to swim, which was disappointing. Overall though it was a great visit. We’ll definitely be back!

Great place!

I’ve been camping at Kickapoo for 5 years and I love it. The campground hosts at the entrance are kind and helpful and the campgrounds have been undergoing improvements making it even more enjoyable.

Destination for decades!

Love this place. Have been camping here for decades and for me this place has a great balance of amenities and natural sceneries and spaces. While not the fanciest or "glampiest" this park covers the essentials and offers some truely awesome outdoor areas with local history to boot. We camp here at least once a year!

Year 2021 Flag