Camping in Grant City

173 Reviews of 27 Grant City, Indiana Campgrounds

Crystal R.
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2021

Love it here

Totally delightful, some full timers and part timers, many parks and benches to sit on, nice disk golf course. Showers bathroom game room and general store. Nice owners they have church on Sunday. Hardly hear the humm of the hwy . Beautiful views of the surrounding farms . Fire pit and table. We…

Month of VisitOctober
VThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2021

A truly hidden paradise

They have many activities, but we were stopping just for the night. It was a campground I would definitely go back to.

Jennifer B.
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

Middle of nowhere!!

Unless someone has told you about this place or you find it by searching an app like Dyrt, only people who live in the area know about it. Nice, quiet, clean. Some year round RVers. Fishing usually good.

Sitetent
Jennifer B.
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

Small and quiet!!

Went to this campground many times over the last 26 years. Great place to fish. Quiet and calm most of the time!

Sitetent
Connie P.
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2021

Camping is great!!

I remember coming here for years, in diapers even and I’m 47 now. Brought my kids and my grandkids. I have been there almost every weekend for the past 2 months. I absolutely love camping here and would recommend it to everyone. Thanks for so many good memories ❤️

Site98, 90, 204 just to recall a few
Carolyn M.
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2021

Nice camping on the river

We stayed in site 107 on a Sunday night and had the section all to ourselves. I think the place is quite busy on weekends though. Our son fished and we watched random people float down river. It was perfect for overnight stay passing through. I was concerned driving in as neighborhood looked a…

Brett K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2021

We love this little gem!

Hiked in the morning on some great trails. Well maintained and mostly stone covered. Most have trail markers. You walk along the river during parts of trail 5. Very peaceful. Biked during the afternoon. Ok I modified my review. The trains at 3 am was annoying. Just saying.

• trail 5
  • trail 5
Christina A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2021

Loved it!

Spent the weekend in the primitive sites with friends. Poured the entire weekend but had a great time.

M
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2021

Great weekend getaway

We booked 5 days before and were pleasantly surprised at how good of a site we had. Pretty level, plenty of room for our 43’ fifth wheel. We didn’t swim but the beach looked nice. We did fish a little.

SiteB19
Ruby P.
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

Nice Campground

Mounds is a lovely state park, and the campground is nice, but certainly not one of my favorites. I would return for a weekend excursion, but probably not for an extended stay. Campground was a bit loud due to proximity to the airport. We came right after a big rain and a lot of the sites were…

• Site 70. Restrooms are towards the left
  • flooded creek near the campground
  • Meeting of two creeks near the campground
Month of VisitMarch
Heidi D.
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2021

Happening Place

Busy, fun atmosphere this weekend but quiet enough in our area. We stayed across from the playground in Loop B and it felt less crowded because we were across from a field. Plenty of trees for shade. Beautiful area.

Ben Jason N.
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

LodgeTastic

My partner and I stayed at the campsite. Our spot was great and the hiking was super convenient and amazing! The lodge was SO awesome. A true staple of the 60’s. The food there is a must! Best brisket and pizza we’ve ever had hands down.

Sitecampgrounds
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Great riverside campground

I live about 30 minutes from this campground and love it! Clean, quiet and cheap! Launch your canoes or kayaks from the campground, or book a trip from nearby White River Canoe Company and they'll pick you up. Across a historic river bridge from a huge county park with walking/biking/equestrian…

Tim L.
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Nice family spot

The lake and beach area are great. Clean water for swimming. The campground spots are small (too close together) and they don't enforce the quiet time curfew. Neighbors partying till 2am with music that we drowned out with ac running constantly.

M
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2021

Surprisingly pleasant!

This was our second stay here…campground is surrounded by corn fields but park itself is quite picturesque with mature trees, a lake, and very well-manicured grounds. Many sites have long-term occupants but overnighters just as welcome. Main bathrooms are up front and clean and modern while rustic…