Camping in Dillman

89 Reviews of 14 Dillman, Indiana Campgrounds

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Great overnight stay

It’s a half resort half overnight camp type place. It’s know for being the first disc golf course in Indiana. Just a quick overnight stop, but the camp store was well stocked, bathroom and showers were clean. Camp staff met us after hours for check in and leading to site 31. Site was level enough…

• Nice long and wide sites
  • seasonal and overnight camping
  • mind the big rocks
F
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Short trip for the zoo

Very straightforward reservation and check in process. The grounds are nice with a lovely river right across the street. Bathrooms are A+ with a code for only campers. I would definitely return here.

Site#18
Cynthia K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Typical State run campground

Typical state run campground. Some sites are very close together, while some offer a little more room. Sites 221- 243, 202-204 offer lake views. I say VIEWS, not access.

Sites 228& 232 have sites with good access to the lake. Scattered throughout the park are sites with 50amp service. Fill…

Andy K.
Reviewed May. 6, 2021

Good campground

Campground is located on private property and all of the primitive spots are right on the lake or very close to it.

A few of them are a little too close together and there is a zipline that goes over a few of them so it can be a little strange with people flying over you on a busy day.

SiteR
Grant The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 4, 2021

Great place to stay!

The park is clean and quiet. Staff is very nice and accommodating. Love the guy that brought me firewood, he just kept it coming. Would recommend this place to anyone!

ProfG999 The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Best campground ever!

I've traveled across the US and this is the best campground I've stayed in. First of all it's very clean which is surprising for Indiana. Back up to the river. Great views. Free hot showers! Quiet. Feels secluded though close to town. Good price too. Free wifi that worked so well we could both work…

Michelle M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2021

A nice way to get out of the city.

Summit Lake is a very nice place to get away for a weekend from Indy but not so much a destination spot. Friendly staff and well maintained. Wooded spots that are water adjacent are beautiful. Since it’s a no wake lake, the noisiest thing is usually the geese

You can rent a small boat by the day…

Marshall P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2021

Nice state park with several trails around a beautiful lake

We stayed before the peak season opened up.  Potable water was available at the entrance but was not on yet in the campground itself.   The sites are well spaced out with a few pull through sites and many back ins.

Our site was a pull through and, while level left to right, required a good bit…

Month of VisitApril
K
Reviewed Apr. 1, 2021

Nice campgrounds

Have stayed at this park twice and will go back again! Lots of sites with shade and sun. Well kept-up bath/shower facilities. QUIET!

• Great lake views
Siteit's a secret
Month of VisitNovember
Jacob A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 3, 2021

Nice campground for a bike ride.

We have stayed at this park several times.  The camp sites are mostly spaced out for room, but some can get very wet and flooded during a nice rain.  The paved bike trail in the park starts near the campground, and connects with a bike trail along the Wabash River that goes into nearby Bluffton,…

• Looking at the bison enclosure from the fire tower.
  • Looking at the lake and road to the campground from the fire tower.
  • Site 40
Sitesite 40
Michelle M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 16, 2020

A nice park. Electric only.

It’s a nice park for kids. Has a nice swimming pool. Easy trails. Nice playground. $5 firewood bundles. Mostly a weekender park. It is right next to a small craft airfield do it can get noisy at times and there is little wind protection.

Shane H.
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2020

Views

Great spots up against the river and very clean park

Darrell B.
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2020

Great State Park

Great little State Park. Nice clean camp sites. Plenty of trails to hike and a nice little lake to enjoy. Will definitely come back here

rThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2020

I like it so far

Just joined.  Trying to find any city park or visitor centers permitting camping.  I know they are out there but not well known.  Easy to use.  Love the fact I can use it if offline.  I'll review in a few weeks when I actually need it.

Haylie M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2020

Hidden in Plain Sight

I grew up in Ft. Wayne, so when I think of this campground I always think of Johnny Appleseed Festival. We have recently purchased an RV and plan to use it full time. We wanted to stay in town prior to traveling.

During our stay, I continued to forget that I was in the city. The park is connected…