Camping in Cherryvale

108 Reviews of 6 Cherryvale, Indiana Campgrounds

Meldt S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Surprise Find Last Minute

This is our first official stop with our new No Boundaries trailer. Our kids were restless in the truck and driving a minute more would have been torture. The Terra Haute Campground was perfect! We arrived after the office closed. But checking in was a breeze! We chose our site off the map and…

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Close Quarters

The manager Tina and her husband are great people but the camp sites are to close together and we would not camp here again. The sites are difficult to get into and although they allow one car on the site there is barely room for that one car. The electric is shared with another site which could be…

• our neighbors
  • another shot of our neighbirs
  • toilets
Bianca R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Great place for easy hiking

Generally well kept. Two large lakes on the property for fishing. A handful of trails that are easy to moderate.

Cedar O.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Fireflies for days

Beautiful and very quiet. Don’t bother buying firewood because it’s Impossible to start a fire here. We dumped about half our cooking oil on and still no dice after like an hour and a half.

aThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2021

It’s time KOA User

This campground is gorgeous. The sites are gravel and grassy. Great shade all over and landscaping is beautiful. Full access and hook ups makes it so easy. There is an awesome playground for families with kids. Nice grassy area throughout for your fur babies. Less then a minute off of 1-74 and…

k
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Nice wooded spots

We had spot 234, big, wooded, close to clean shower house, close to playground. State park is great hiking. Avoid the inner part of that loop if you want any shade, it is an open area.

Brett K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Great group camping

We stayed for a long weekend. Large group set up in sites 236-244. Great shaded area. Lots of play space for the kids.

• looking up the road from 243
  • looking up the road from 243
Rowan G.
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Good amenities, great proximity to state park

Site 91 was tucked away in a more forested area away from RVs. Did a nice kayaking loop using their service. Had everything you needed, very chill experience. Will return fsho.

Kevin D.
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Clean-good trails

Stayed Spring 2021. Site 108 is clean, level and well groomed. Close to bath house facilities.

Steve D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Been going here since I was a kid

I love this place. The campground is pretty packed but with hiking as good as they have, I’m not surprised. I’d definitely do some hiking and I recommend canoeing sugarcreek as well.

Douglas B.
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Great hiking trails

Well maintained trails and campground. We love everything about this place.

Site110?
Month of VisitOctober
Jeremie B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 1, 2021

Great Park

This is a Great Park, my wife and I camp here all the time. Large sites, because they are very wooded lots of shade, not far from downtown, also close to shopping (i.e. Walmart, Meijer). Lots to do in the park as well, fishing, archery, bike riding, canoe/kiak dock, and lots of very nice trails for…

Site19,26,16,39,27
Erika N.
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2021

Beautiful Little Camp

It use to be KOA New owners 2 year it is pet friendly But for there feet the Campsite is jacket rocks rough on the dog's paws and a little to close to the freeway But everything else was nice clean very friendly staff hot showers no breakfast

• The front office
  • Beautiful Setset.
Ed D.
Reviewed Mar. 6, 2021

Very nice little campground with a well stocked camp store

I've stayed here several times. The grounds are well kept and the owners are just nice people.  The only caveat I have is that there is only one building for showers for the whole site, unless that's changed since the last time I was there.

This is my default campground when going to Turkey…

D
Reviewed Feb. 21, 2021

Great Family Campground

We have stayed at McCormicks multiple times. We really enjoy it! It isn’t too loud, lots of shade and plenty of things around to keep the kids happy.