Camping in Cherryvale

217 Reviews of 24 Cherryvale, Indiana Campgrounds

B
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Great small park!

This is a real nice small park. Each site has great privacy and has very spacious sites. Close to Eastern Illinois University and lake Charleston which has trails.

Steve D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Been going here since I was a kid

I love this place. The campground is pretty packed but with hiking as good as they have, I’m not surprised. I’d definitely do some hiking and I recommend canoeing sugarcreek as well.

Month of VisitOctober

Geared toward younger kids

Nice family campground overall, but really geared toward the 8 and under crowd. Had a back in gravel site that was difficult to back into and sloped back. I had to nearly lower my tongue to the ground to get it level.

The splash park was fun, even for the teen kids, but the pool was tiny and…

Nice, big campground

A very large campground with tent and rv camping. Gets very busy.

Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

Camping in Bloomington, IN at Yogi Bear on Lake Monroe

Friendly Staff. Camp site was a pull through so very easy to set up. Was a full hook up site at that. We enjoyed our stay and visiting IU in the process. Great location and clean camp ground.

Gretchen G.
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

Great family spot

This campground is great! The creek is awesome for catching tadpoles and minnows. And definitely take time to float or kayak down the river. The pond is stocked with GIANT fish (catch and release only) and definitely go for a hike over at Turkey Run. Our site (4) was a good location for us,…

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Welcoming, clean, and beautiful!

My daughter and I had our very first camping experience in our new converted van at McCormick’s Creek. When you arrive, there is a minimal entrance fee of $7. You are given a map and directions to your destination. Everyone was so kind and helpful. I didn’t know what to expect as this was my first…

Meldt S.
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Surprise Find Last Minute

This is our first official stop with our new No Boundaries trailer. Our kids were restless in the truck and driving a minute more would have been torture. The Terra Haute Campground was perfect! We arrived after the office closed. But checking in was a breeze! We chose our site off the map and…

M
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

3rd time here

We've stayed here for a few nights in the past. We have peaceful, quiet nights, nice facilities, good Wi-Fi, shade. We always enjoy our stay.

Bianca R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Great place for easy hiking

Generally well kept. Two large lakes on the property for fishing. A handful of trails that are easy to moderate.

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Great place for kids

If you are camping with kids, they will love this place. It is very busy on Saturday’s (and more thank likely Friday’s) , but it clears out Sunday morning. Most sites are gravel pull throughs and have 50amp. My site as well as all the other pull throughs close by should have had services setup on…

Pamela H.The Dyrt PRO User

Family vacation

It is definately for kids. They have a huge splash park, wading pool for toddlers, and a 4 foot pool besides tons of interactive activities for kids

Siterv site 49
Cedar O.

Fireflies for days

Beautiful and very quiet. Don’t bother buying firewood because it’s Impossible to start a fire here. We dumped about half our cooking oil on and still no dice after like an hour and a half.

d

Peaceful waters

Very nice place. The owner is working to make even better

A
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Great for a relaxing weekend!

Not a ton of hiking trails but the site was shaded and good size and the pool was really nice! Very quiet even though it was packed, and there were tons of families around. Will definitely keep on our list!