Camping in Edgehill

Recent Equestrian Reviews Near Edgehill, Virginia

68 Reviews of 7 Edgehill, Virginia Campgrounds

K
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

Secluded stay next to river

Site was shaded, private, and right next to the river, so we had our own private access for swimming and bathing. Plenty of room for several tents and lots of parking space. Plenty of land to walk around and check out the farm.

Bathrooms were very clean and just a short walk from the site. Hosts…

s
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2021

Yay Chesapeake

Love this camp ground. Just love how clean it is. Bathrooms, showers are a big plus. Nice trails and fishing. Will be visiting again.

Jeffrey S.
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2021

Chippoke Virginia State Park

We spent 3 nights at this park. It's a wonderful place. Great showers & restrooms. Large swimming pool but it was closed. Water & Electric. No sewer but a nice dump place. The host was extremely nice & helpful.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

County-run, and it shows?

The good news- campground is right along the river and has a large pool. The bad news- the place is overrun with fishermen launching boats before dawn. And I mean 25-50 trucks/trailers/boats each morning.

Our site was large, but we ended up in a non-sewer lot. Weird, as I booked this trip 6…

GThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Chickahominey Riverfront Park ho-hum

Small campground, not well managed, only a few RV sites with shade. If your site isn't by the water you may never see it. The showers are so-so but are better then some worse then others. Has a nice pool, frisbee golf course, fishing pier, boat rental, and boating access to the river. Plus a cool…

D
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2021

Williamsburg Trip

My familiy and I just camped at Wiliamsburg KOA for 3 days. The campground was large and clean. We had a site at the end of a row that was spacious. The staff was nice and  courteous. They seemed to patrol through the campground periodically and were trying make sure that campers followed rules of…

Christopher A.
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Koa

Typical koa experience

R
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Camper reunion

A few of my friends and I try to camp every autumn, and this private campground was perfect! The owners were very welcoming and do their best to work diligently to upkeep their farm and all their campers needs.

• campsite overview.
  • the end of cypress trial
  • bathroom trail

Month of VisitNovember
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Lovely shady spot

A great nights sleep. Lovely setting, shady and quiet. Bathrooms were brand new, showers were clean & HOT. Coin laundry available. They are in the process of adding another bathroom/shower building so only running at half capacity when we visited. Lots of fun activities for families!

SiteC something
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2021

Wonderful and peaceful trip!

What a great camp! A small family farm with 5 sites around the property. We chose site 2 for our family of three and a dog and it was the perfect size. The hosts were so friendly, and we were able to walk around and see the chicken coop, small lake, and barnyard with goats and geese. The campsites…

• Stroll through cypress grove!
    Play button icon
SiteSite 2
Susan P.
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2020

Very nice

The water at the beaches is so shallow great for my son ! It’s a beautiful place !

Ashley I.
Reviewed Nov. 4, 2020

And another great VA State Park!

Love Chippokes! Feels country-esque but also like you're on a plantation! Beautiful trails. Great (paved) campground! Feels like you're a million miles away from it all.

Elizabeth V.
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2020

Great family campground

I have camped here many times throughout my childhood and adulthood. Miles of trails and so much to do. Always with clean sites and attentive staff

Toby K.
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2020

Inconsistent to website

So this was my first campground sadly and the experience was not what I hoped for. The Cheseapeake campgrounds website shows outdated pictures and does not show what the campground looks like currently.

The rules on the website are not followed. They're are campers that have hard piped black/gray…