Camping in West Store Crossroads

Recent Equestrian Reviews Near West Store Crossroads, South Carolina

29 Reviews of 9 West Store Crossroads, South Carolina Campgrounds

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Nice place, definitely has potential

Still being upgraded, so newish pad was still soft but pretty level. Sewer pipes stick out a good 6 or 8 inches. Electric posts are new but have a meter right below plugs, so surge suppressor gets to hang sideways. All nice and new. Will try again in future as it keeps improving

We just…

Site30 something
Cody K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

It’s a great campground

Great little campground, my wife and I just moved into our RV and this our first stop. Super quiet and nice; not weigh in much of amenities other than the bathhouse in the washer and dryer and Wi-Fi. Campground host is super nice though his name is Dale. Will definitely be here for a while

Site?
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

A very nice campground

The sites are mostly gravel with areas of dirt, but mine was level. I was near the bath house and laundry which were both clean and well maintained. The population looks like a mix of mostly long-term residents, with a few mid to short-term. It is a full hookup facility, and all my connections…

• sign by highway
  • Open spaces near campground.
Bernie L.
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Bernie

I'm an eagle scout and there was time I camped every week end

SiteTeardrop RV
Bernie L.
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Bernie

I'm an eagle scout and there was a time I camped every week end.

SiteTeardrop Rv
Adam W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Beautiful grounds, great facilities

My brother and I went for our first camping trip. The lake was beautiful and clear, the grounds and trails on the park were quaint and well kept, and the bathroom facilities were clean and inviting. We had a great time and met some wonderful people, I highly recommend this spot!

SiteCampground 1
robins662 The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 7, 2021

Quiet and peaceful

This campground is very quiet and right near the water. I enjoyed it and would stay again.

Jason H.
Reviewed May. 3, 2021

Relaxing, well kept campground

We absolutely loved this campsite(#45) it was our first time there. We did a last minute trip from Orlando, Fl and it was great. We showed up late Friday, 30 min before closing. They had a sign on the window with the number to inform the tenant and the option to purchase firewood. We only got one…

Big D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2021

Not Another Cookie Cutter Campground

This is my favorite spot for taking it in, and getting back to nature. Bussey Point is a no frills campground. If you are looking for luxurious amenities, and a pristine restroom facility, this is not the place for you. Bussey Point is primitive camping at it's best. Btw, watch out for the horse…

Asia + Jalen B.
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2020

Great Experience!

This was so cool! It’s a primitive, tucked in the woods spot on the lake. The camp sites are wonderfully spaced out. We stayed in sites you had to park and walk to, but the walk was very short. Be prepared- bring lanterns to navigate the dark forest. Also, be prepared to see people walking the…

S
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2020

Old standby

It's a really good beginners intro to primitive camping. Nice little hike around a nice little lake. Pretty simple. No wifi or electric.

K
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2020

What a great campground!

The spots were nice, large, most waterfront, with power and water. Definitely a spot I will go back to.

Kevin A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2020

Great Quiet Campground

We camped here just as the COVID shutdowns were beginning back March. There were only a few campers. We were right on the water. Large clean sites. Great campground. It was a cool early spring evening. We had a nice campfire and enjoyed a nice time.

Linda A.
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2020

reservation only now. Great place for horse camping

Campground rates are $10 per night and reservations must be made now through recreation.gov

All sites are waterfront On Clark Hill Lake(Strom Thurmond Lake)

If you pack it on, pack it out. There is no trash pickup provided

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 27, 2020

Great little place

Not many sites but what they have are nice. Bath houses are ok and staff is laid back.