The best BOAT IN camping near
Okmulgee , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Okmulgee Camping Reviews
All around happy camping

Stayed here for several days. Fun playground for the kids. Surrounded by water. Clean bathrooms. Season ends 10/26-no water but still has electricity. Host was helpful. Plenty of large wooded spots.

Gorgeous fall camping trip to Brooken

We stayed here for only one night but will definitely be back. Nice campsites with room between sites. Most sites have lake views and there is alit of access to the lake

Last minute reservation

Managers were great! Helpful for first time campers. Great camping location for groups.

Gorgeous on lake

Quiet spacious, clean bathrooms with toilet paper and showers. Had a spot on the lake. Perfect.

Great rocky beach!

Great campsite! We enjoyed the view of the lake and plenty of space at our site! The park is nice and spread out and the sites are kept clean and well managed! Loved the rocky beach and how wooded all the sites were!

No firewood available to buy on site. They ran Out of toilet paper, but otherwise everything was great!

Perfect little find!

Okemah City Lake Campground was a nice find for our road trip back home. Price was great we ended up staying an extra day. Only complaint was there was a lot of exposed barb wire and rebarb randomly but would stay here again if in the area. (Home for us is WNC) camp host was super nice. We stayed at a primitive site (only 4 in campground) meaning no water on site and no power. We hammock camped and had several tree options. Park does have a shower house in center and a separate bathroom building near boat ramp, swimming area.

Depends on the Time of Year

I write this review as an observer.  I live in the area.  The park is gated (un-maned) and access is not restricted.  There is a outhouse with water.  They have made some improvements in the last few years but this area used to gather a lot of riff-raff.   The other camp located just a short distance away is gated (Maned) and the sites all have water and electric.  If your on a budge this place is great.  If you want to feel a bit more secure, I recommend the other camp!  I would not recommend this as a family vacation site.

Something for Most

Sequoyah State Park on Fort Gibson Lake offers a lot and people come from out of state to visit. There's a lodge, restaurant, golf course, paved trail, dirt trails, campgrounds, marina, and horseback riding in summer. I grew up nearby and still enjoy visiting.

Extremely Peaceful & Beautiful!

What a great small lake and campgrounds! Most sites are well spaced and the different site areas are so well spaced out, it was easy to get some privacy. The grounds were pretty clean. RV sites have water and electric but did not see any sewer hookups, but maybe we missed it. Has a dump station, but not the best I’ve seen. May want to drive into Okemah if you have a weak stomach, but no idea if that one was better. Views were fantastic. Some sites are level, some require a bit more work to level. There was plenty of shade to stay cool and you can have your choice between concrete pad, gravel or just go primitive. There were play equipment from my childhood that built character and made me remember the good old days. Never went in the public bathrooms. Did a lot of kayaking, walking the grounds and swimming and everyone was super courteous, especially those who rode in bass boats near us while we were kayaking. Definitely would go back.

Nice

Spent 3 nights, very good primitive camp ground,close to shopping, lot of tent camping