Fort Gibson Lake, OKLAHOMA

Camping Oklahoma Fort Gibson Lake
Most Recent Fort Gibson Lake Camping Reviews
Absolutely zero amenities here.

Absolutely nothing here as far as amenities. It's only good if you want to catch some sleep or grab a bite at their little cafe area.

Noisy but great laundry!

We stayed one night over the Fourth of July. We walked in and they were very accommodating even though they were very busy. There is a large store with wood, ice, etc. The attached restrooms are clean and well maintained. The separate laundry room was great!! I think they had 6 or more washers which is great when you have several loads. And the building had ac which encouraged me to stay with my laundry!! Nice playground and very nice pool.

Cons: Very noisy from highway traffic for tent campers.
Bring bug spray because it was intense!!

Overall, the staff was super nice and it was a convenient stop. Would stay again if I was driving through.

Great for kids I guess

It is a pretty park and well maintained but it's not my favorite.  I stayed here when I was looking at multiple properties around the area over a beautiful week.  Personally I found the tent sites much too close together, undefined, and with no privacy at all.  I can see how families with children would enjoy this park.  There are things to do and see, but not a weekends worth.  Other campers kids seemed to love running around and making new friends with neighboring tents.  So much so that they would come to my tent asking where my kids are (I don't have any).  Thankfully I brought my own camp table because the neighbor to the right insisted that the stationary table at my site was his.  I'm not trying to be a grump.  This may be the most fun place for some people.  If you are looking for a quiet place to set camp and look at the stars in peace, this is not the place.

Lakeside Camping in Oklahoma

This is a Corp of Engineers campground, which I tend to prefer. If you’re traveling from the DFW area this could be a weekend trip. The drive is about 3.5 hours. I stayed for 2 nights in site E04 which had electric and water hookups, although the water was shared with another site. So the water hook up is a distance from the site. I had to use 2 hoses to reach my RV and only after I turned it around so that the water hook up side was closer to the spigot. Distance between sites is very good, but not much foliage between.

The site was asphalt, which was nice, but very narrow. My RV is only 8 ft wide and it took up the entire width. Also, there were trees which prevented me from putting out the awning. There was a cement picnic table, lantern hook and fish cleaning/grill table. The best part of this site was that it backed up to a sandy beach. I could walk the shoreline of Lake Eufaula for quite a distance. The lake is quiet and clear. There were several fishermen out, but I don’t know what they were catching.

I didn’t realize how large this campground was until the day I left. I saw 2 dump sites. The one in the E campground was older and had an odd bump up which made gravity emptying a challenge. The sites are clean and as I was leaving the campground hosts were already at my site looking for anything out of sorts.

The restrooms and showers, although clean felt a bit creepy to me. I took photos, but didn’t use. The playground was quaint and offered several play spaces for different ages. Even the big kids!

One more thing to note, on a clear night the view of the sky here is very good! Saw lots of stars and the Milky Way! I think I’d go back, but try a different site.

Great family owners, best showers ever for a camplground!

Vvery nice campground, with friendly helpful staff. Fabulous showers.

Beautiful Lake View Campsites

Have stayed here multiple times in the past and it’s exactly as stated - a lake campsite. The view is beautiful over one of the prettiest lakes in the region. Like a previous reviewer said it is warm in the spring and summer months but not sure you can ding the campsite and give it less stars because it was warm. Great place to camp!

Stopped by for a night on our way through

We really enjoyed our stay. The lake was up about 10 ft according to the camp host and had been flooded most of the summer. Both boat ramps were under water and several of the sites were still flooded too. The campground has a shower house on one end and vault toilets on the other. All sites are water and electric only. Most sites were older asphalt pads, but there were several newer sites, all concrete, and huge.

Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day weekend we camped at Greenleaf State Park in the Gobbler Ridge Campground site number #18. This area was nice and spacious. We didn’t feel like we were squashed into our neighbors. It was however “Labor Day” weekend which normally means bad weather and let me tell you we weren’t surprised Saturday night when the sky just opened up and started to pour. The site we had was partially shaded but kind of a small valley so after the rain it was pretty soggy. There are other campgrounds close by and stuff to do. The park is in the process of constructing a splash pad next to the miniature golf course. On Saturday nights they do a wagon ride with a guide that talks about the area. Bummer for us cause one family 23 people took up the whole ride. Holiday weekend…..maybe should have two wagons? All in all I think we had a good time and would definitely recommend this park.

Love this park

It’s small but it is super pretty. Great park for a wonderful last minute trip from Tulsa

Summer Scorcher

We stayed August 6-9 2019. Turned out to be about one of the hottest weeks of the year. Our campsite was in Lakeview Circle site #91. It is a large pull through site with a gorgeous view of the lake. We almost had the run of the whole park which we attributed to the tremendous heat, so much flooding earlier in May and June and the new school year starting the following week. We will try this spot again in the fall because there was way too much sun for the better part of the day. They have a nice nature center and the playground in the next campground. It was okay with our child. The camping spots in that area are within walking distance to the nature center and playground. The bathrooms are not new but clean (and very hot during this stay). There are clean pay showers attached to the backside of the restroom. Park was very nice and was well cared for. Our family will definitely stay here again, probably in the fall when it is cooler.

Great campsite to stay while floating the river

This campground is very close to the river so after we finished kayaking, we were able to walk straight back to our campsite. The only downside about this campsite is that it can get kind of noisy when there is a bunch of people camping. However, our campsite was clean, spacious, and the restrooms/showers were very close.

Clean but no privacy

Nice place but there’s no privacy. Has a nice disc golf course!

Inaugural RV Trip

We stayed in Seminole, site #22 mid July 2019. Very peaceful campground and this site has awesome amounts of shade from late morning through the rest of the day. Lots of room between sites and grounds were well cared for. This state park is still recovering from all the flooding earlier this year but still has lots to do and see with lodge, golf course, paved trails and a nature center, etc. Our family has agreed we would like to stay here again anytime and are planning to come in fall for sure.

Cowlington Point

Nice campground. Water/electric, no sewer hookups at camp sites. Restroom facilities are old but usually clean. Campground located on the Kerr Navigation Channel. Very clean and quiet campground!

Rv parking lot

Some of the sites have hookups on wrong side. No amenities at all. Just a place to plug in for the night.

BED BUGS AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

We arrived at 3 O'clock(an hour before check in) at Carsons cabin and they told us they were working on the showers. We waited until 5:30 to finally get the keys just to find that the showers were ice cold and NO ONE had even showered yet around 8pm! Then Saturday for our float the clerks were lost and kept trying to over charge everyone that paid in our group, even when I already paid my float deposit of$100 and was to go towards my own 4(2 adults 2 kids), she kept saying I owed. Then Saturday night we kept feeling things crawl on us, just to wake up to bites all over my 8 year olds body and a squished bed bug on my pillow that was full of blood and had just fed before getting squished! The supervisor apologized over and over but the owner still has yet to call me and fix this! I had to take my son to Urgent care because he had a severe allergic reaction to the bites and now I'm out even more money due to their bed bug problem! On top of that, we had to throw everything away so that we didnt bring any of them home! PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE AND WASTE YOUR MONEY! Vacations are suppose to be relaxing and this was not even close!

Great Camping Spots

We had a great spot located 200 yards from the lake. Also had the boat dock just on the other side of us. Great place to stay, friendly staff! Had a picnic table, grill and a covered area to sit at as well. No sewer at the site but did have dump stations. Most beautiful place by far!

Convenient to I-40

This is KOA, not my favorite place to stop, but they have good, basic facilities, sort of like Motel 6. They are just off I-40, so it was convenient for a one night stop. The sites were level, and were Pull-Thru so we didn’t even unhook. Full hookups, Some shade, a dump station. The shower/bathroom was clean. There is a small store. They also have cabins and tent sites; Free Wi-Fi, cable tv, a pool and playground, and a pond for fishing. There is a small Kamp K9 (dog park). When we were there everything was wet, and the smell of wet creosote from the log yard next door was terrible.

Super nice family campground

It's totally worth the visit. It's on the Illinois river and is very well kept. Full hookups. Nice staff. Beautiful.

Great stop over for I40 travelers

Perfect stop over location. Level lots. Super clean bathhouses. Friendly & helpful staff.

Only negative is interstate noise so be prepared if you are in a tent or pop-up.

Dogwood Campground at Eufaula State Park.

we stayed in our travel trailer for 3 days/ nights. The campground is clean and well maintained. Level cement pads and paved roads. this campground has full hookups whereas the other campground in the park has electric/water only. The spots at the back of the campground are more spacious than the ones at the front. There are bathrooms/showers but since we did not use those facilities since we have a trailer I can’t comment on them. I did notice a laundry room on site and there is a small playground, not much play equipment but plenty of room around it for playing ball, frisbee etc. They also have a basketball goal but it backs up to a wooded area, so if you shoot don’t miss the backboard ;) the whole campground is surrounded by woods. We tried out the ‘beach’ trail but there was no beach on the other end. There has been a ton of rain recently though so the water is likely further in than normal. The paved road throughout the camp is great for walking. Tent camping is also available in this park. The other campground and Nature Center are just up the road as well as the visitors center and Ranger station. Stables are located nearby where you can pay to ride horses and a 3-D archery range is also located close by. Of course there are lots of activities all around Lake Eufaula - boating, fishing, swimming etc. we mainly just enjoyed the peacefulness of the campground while we were there. The park is located not far off of I-40. The check in time is pretty late in the day, but then so is checkout. Would definitely stay there again. Our site had a cement picnic table, grill and fire pit.

Nice and clean

We stayed on campsite 39. It was by the boat ramp. We were there at the first of April and it was beautiful. Scores of down and dead oak laying all around the campgrounds. Vault toilets were fairly clean on our side. Its pretty quiet but I’m fairly sensitive to road noise when I’m camping. And I can hear the highway for sure. But I haven’t found a place in Oklahoma where I can’t so far.

Beautiful park

We were so surprised with this park because we’d hardly even heard of it. The campsites were plentiful with beautiful views of the lake. It was early in the season so not very busy. The sites were clean and easy to navigate. We enjoyed the nature center, getting to view a bald eagle and coyote. The lodge is very nice and would definitely recommend to someone who doesn’t want to rough it. I’d like to come back in the summer to take advantage of the pool. We walked along the fitness trail and tried out the recommended activities for fun. We then took one of the longer trails that winds throughout the park. These trails were not well marked but they made for a great Oklahoma hike. We fished near the group camp area as a storm was brewing and we wanted to be near a picnic shelter. The lake is very pretty, would definitely recommend for kayak or boating. The o my issues we had was, we needed a shower and the camp showers which are coin operated did not have hot water as indicated. Made for a very chilly rinse. All in all we will be back!

Beautiful great hikes

This campground is great! Here are some things I absolutely loved:

• Great/clean campground. This is something I really appreciate about a campground. People seem to pick up after each other. If you see garbage somewhere, please pick it up. Helps so much!!
  • Hiking. We did a nearby hike named Hillside Trail and it was gorgeous. The views were stunning!! We did it early in the morning to beat the crowds and it was perfect. About 7 miles rountrip with a little elevation gain.
  • Close to water. We went for the day and played in a lake nearby. It was about a 15 minute drive away!

make sure to bring lots of water if you plan to hike because it does get warm! Also bug spray, sunglasses, and some good snacks!

Large

This place was beautiful in spring

Quiet and peaceful

It was great. I took my boys, 8 and 18 year old. Very quiet and felt secluded even though the campsites were about 75% full. Tent camped with electrical hook-ups which I wasn't expecting. I think it was only$14 a days. Went hiking the next day on the trails around the lake and mountain

Beautiful sunsets, quit and very clean. Two playgrounds and a clean bath/shower house. We love camping here.

Fine- Could Get Crowded in Summer

I stopped at Highway 9 Landing while driving from Taos, NM to Nashville, TN. Just a little ways off the highway it was a nice place to spend the night right on Oklahoma's biggest lake (at least the biggest that's entirely within the state of OK). Midweek in mid-October the campground was all but deserted. The only sounds I could hear were the roadway across the lake, birds, and lapping water.

In the off season the bathrooms were sort of clean-ish. Sites have picnic tables and grills and some have good flat spots for tents but I got the feeling that it was a campground more geared to RV and van camping.

There's a marina on one side of the campground and I can imagine that in the summer there's lots of activity on the lake making this a very lively campground. It was a fine campground just not my cup of tea. (Also the sunset was incredible)

Nice, MOST of the time.

We've stayed in the Hickory Point camping area twice this year (2018). It was nice. The bathrooms/facilities are CLEAN. The camp host is VERY nice. Our only struggle was neighbors with outdoor speakers. It seems like that could be monitored a little better.