Fort Gibson Lake, OKLAHOMA

Camping Oklahoma Fort Gibson Lake
Most Recent Fort Gibson Lake Camping Reviews
Great Camping Area and Large Sites!

This was our first stay in Oklahoma camping. I highly recommend staying at this location or the location across Fort Gibson Like(Johnson Bay). The campsites are very specious and most if not all of them overlook the lake. We stayed here during December and there was only one other camper present. There are vaulted toilets and water around the camping area. You can stay up to 14 days for free at this location. We will return next time we are passing through!

Check out our blog at www.unnamedadventures.com and follow our journey on Facebook and Instagram or on our YouTube Channel at Unnamed Adventures.

Nice with all the amenities.

Right in the middle of Tulsa.

Nice place great staff

Have stayed there a couple of times when passing through.  No cable TV.  Staff was very courteous and helpful.  On one occasion we were delayed and arrived late.  The staff called us before the office closing time and let us know which site to use and told us not to worry that they'd see us the next day.  No trees and fairly close to a primary road and an interstate highway.

We'd stay there again.

Good place to live

I have stayed there many times this past year.  My son lives there full time.  The staff is great.  Very helpful and courteous.  I've gotten to know some of the residents and yes, the majority are full time residents.  Not a lot of room to open up awnings but for anyone who knows Oklahoma you don't open them up often anyway if you want to keep them.

Beautiful area

Park is amazing. Bathrooms are clean! Gate keepers are friendly and helpful! Dump station is easy in and out. Boat ramps area gets busy but never too bad. The kids area is clean and decently kept up. Might watch for wasps on some toys, like anywhere else.

Great place to camp and have fun on the water

Great place to camp and have fun on the water. Clean facilities and fun on the water.

Great Camping with the Family

Great camping with family. We enjoyed a nice tent camping trip, really nice camping area and enjoyable getaway. Highly recommend.

Lots of hiking, don’t go on Friday!

The falls are a super easy hike. The only problem with this campground is the race track across the street is extremely loud and will keep you up.

Great for small family

We chose the rv site 16 from their website before ever seeing what the campground looked like in person. It is the site toward the back of the rv park overlooking the bluffs.

Our site had plenty of tree cover that kept us from seeing the bluffs; but it also provided for a cool experience looking out of the back windows of our camper, especially at night.

The sites are a bit too close to one another. But our neighbors in site 15 were super cool. We came with only one bundle of firewood and they quickly provided us with more than enough to have a great time, and more than enough for the next morning.

The reason it gets 4 stars is because the sites are too close to one another. What was especially strange is that the fire ring that belongs to site 15 was actually directly behind our pad on site 16. Our fire ring was located between our site and the other neighbor's site (17) next to us. Very strange.

The campsite otherwise was wonderful. Our kids loved the two playgrounds. The weather was great. So we took a quick stroll through the woods and to the small waterfall nearby. Would definitely go again, maybe even to book two or three sites next to one another, being so close. That would be fun for a larger group.

Absolutely zero amenities here.

Absolutely nothing here as far as amenities. It's only good if you want to catch some sleep or grab a bite at their little cafe area.

Noisy but great laundry!

We stayed one night over the Fourth of July. We walked in and they were very accommodating even though they were very busy. There is a large store with wood, ice, etc. The attached restrooms are clean and well maintained. The separate laundry room was great!! I think they had 6 or more washers which is great when you have several loads. And the building had ac which encouraged me to stay with my laundry!! Nice playground and very nice pool.

Cons: Very noisy from highway traffic for tent campers.
Bring bug spray because it was intense!!

Overall, the staff was super nice and it was a convenient stop. Would stay again if I was driving through.

Great for kids I guess

It is a pretty park and well maintained but it's not my favorite.  I stayed here when I was looking at multiple properties around the area over a beautiful week.  Personally I found the tent sites much too close together, undefined, and with no privacy at all.  I can see how families with children would enjoy this park.  There are things to do and see, but not a weekends worth.  Other campers kids seemed to love running around and making new friends with neighboring tents.  So much so that they would come to my tent asking where my kids are (I don't have any).  Thankfully I brought my own camp table because the neighbor to the right insisted that the stationary table at my site was his.  I'm not trying to be a grump.  This may be the most fun place for some people.  If you are looking for a quiet place to set camp and look at the stars in peace, this is not the place.

Lakeside Camping in Oklahoma

This is a Corp of Engineers campground, which I tend to prefer. If you’re traveling from the DFW area this could be a weekend trip. The drive is about 3.5 hours. I stayed for 2 nights in site E04 which had electric and water hookups, although the water was shared with another site. So the water hook up is a distance from the site. I had to use 2 hoses to reach my RV and only after I turned it around so that the water hook up side was closer to the spigot. Distance between sites is very good, but not much foliage between.

The site was asphalt, which was nice, but very narrow. My RV is only 8 ft wide and it took up the entire width. Also, there were trees which prevented me from putting out the awning. There was a cement picnic table, lantern hook and fish cleaning/grill table. The best part of this site was that it backed up to a sandy beach. I could walk the shoreline of Lake Eufaula for quite a distance. The lake is quiet and clear. There were several fishermen out, but I don’t know what they were catching.

I didn’t realize how large this campground was until the day I left. I saw 2 dump sites. The one in the E campground was older and had an odd bump up which made gravity emptying a challenge. The sites are clean and as I was leaving the campground hosts were already at my site looking for anything out of sorts.

The restrooms and showers, although clean felt a bit creepy to me. I took photos, but didn’t use. The playground was quaint and offered several play spaces for different ages. Even the big kids!

One more thing to note, on a clear night the view of the sky here is very good! Saw lots of stars and the Milky Way! I think I’d go back, but try a different site.

Great family owners, best showers ever for a camplground!

Vvery nice campground, with friendly helpful staff. Fabulous showers.

Beautiful Lake View Campsites

Have stayed here multiple times in the past and it’s exactly as stated - a lake campsite. The view is beautiful over one of the prettiest lakes in the region. Like a previous reviewer said it is warm in the spring and summer months but not sure you can ding the campsite and give it less stars because it was warm. Great place to camp!

Stopped by for a night on our way through

We really enjoyed our stay. The lake was up about 10 ft according to the camp host and had been flooded most of the summer. Both boat ramps were under water and several of the sites were still flooded too. The campground has a shower house on one end and vault toilets on the other. All sites are water and electric only. Most sites were older asphalt pads, but there were several newer sites, all concrete, and huge.

Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day weekend we camped at Greenleaf State Park in the Gobbler Ridge Campground site number #18. This area was nice and spacious. We didn’t feel like we were squashed into our neighbors. It was however “Labor Day” weekend which normally means bad weather and let me tell you we weren’t surprised Saturday night when the sky just opened up and started to pour. The site we had was partially shaded but kind of a small valley so after the rain it was pretty soggy. There are other campgrounds close by and stuff to do. The park is in the process of constructing a splash pad next to the miniature golf course. On Saturday nights they do a wagon ride with a guide that talks about the area. Bummer for us cause one family 23 people took up the whole ride. Holiday weekend…..maybe should have two wagons? All in all I think we had a good time and would definitely recommend this park.

Love this park

It’s small but it is super pretty. Great park for a wonderful last minute trip from Tulsa

Summer Scorcher

We stayed August 6-9 2019. Turned out to be about one of the hottest weeks of the year. Our campsite was in Lakeview Circle site #91. It is a large pull through site with a gorgeous view of the lake. We almost had the run of the whole park which we attributed to the tremendous heat, so much flooding earlier in May and June and the new school year starting the following week. We will try this spot again in the fall because there was way too much sun for the better part of the day. They have a nice nature center and the playground in the next campground. It was okay with our child. The camping spots in that area are within walking distance to the nature center and playground. The bathrooms are not new but clean (and very hot during this stay). There are clean pay showers attached to the backside of the restroom. Park was very nice and was well cared for. Our family will definitely stay here again, probably in the fall when it is cooler.

Great campsite to stay while floating the river

This campground is very close to the river so after we finished kayaking, we were able to walk straight back to our campsite. The only downside about this campsite is that it can get kind of noisy when there is a bunch of people camping. However, our campsite was clean, spacious, and the restrooms/showers were very close.

Clean but no privacy

Nice place but there’s no privacy. Has a nice disc golf course!

Inaugural RV Trip

We stayed in Seminole, site #22 mid July 2019. Very peaceful campground and this site has awesome amounts of shade from late morning through the rest of the day. Lots of room between sites and grounds were well cared for. This state park is still recovering from all the flooding earlier this year but still has lots to do and see with lodge, golf course, paved trails and a nature center, etc. Our family has agreed we would like to stay here again anytime and are planning to come in fall for sure.

Cowlington Point

Nice campground. Water/electric, no sewer hookups at camp sites. Restroom facilities are old but usually clean. Campground located on the Kerr Navigation Channel. Very clean and quiet campground!

Rv parking lot

Some of the sites have hookups on wrong side. No amenities at all. Just a place to plug in for the night.

BED BUGS AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

We arrived at 3 O'clock(an hour before check in) at Carsons cabin and they told us they were working on the showers. We waited until 5:30 to finally get the keys just to find that the showers were ice cold and NO ONE had even showered yet around 8pm! Then Saturday for our float the clerks were lost and kept trying to over charge everyone that paid in our group, even when I already paid my float deposit of$100 and was to go towards my own 4(2 adults 2 kids), she kept saying I owed. Then Saturday night we kept feeling things crawl on us, just to wake up to bites all over my 8 year olds body and a squished bed bug on my pillow that was full of blood and had just fed before getting squished! The supervisor apologized over and over but the owner still has yet to call me and fix this! I had to take my son to Urgent care because he had a severe allergic reaction to the bites and now I'm out even more money due to their bed bug problem! On top of that, we had to throw everything away so that we didnt bring any of them home! PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE AND WASTE YOUR MONEY! Vacations are suppose to be relaxing and this was not even close!

Great Camping Spots

We had a great spot located 200 yards from the lake. Also had the boat dock just on the other side of us. Great place to stay, friendly staff! Had a picnic table, grill and a covered area to sit at as well. No sewer at the site but did have dump stations. Most beautiful place by far!

Convenient to I-40

This is KOA, not my favorite place to stop, but they have good, basic facilities, sort of like Motel 6. They are just off I-40, so it was convenient for a one night stop. The sites were level, and were Pull-Thru so we didn’t even unhook. Full hookups, Some shade, a dump station. The shower/bathroom was clean. There is a small store. They also have cabins and tent sites; Free Wi-Fi, cable tv, a pool and playground, and a pond for fishing. There is a small Kamp K9 (dog park). When we were there everything was wet, and the smell of wet creosote from the log yard next door was terrible.

Super nice family campground

It's totally worth the visit. It's on the Illinois river and is very well kept. Full hookups. Nice staff. Beautiful.

Great stop over for I40 travelers

Perfect stop over location. Level lots. Super clean bathhouses. Friendly & helpful staff.

Only negative is interstate noise so be prepared if you are in a tent or pop-up.