Fort Gibson Lake, OKLAHOMA
Most Recent Fort Gibson Lake Camping Reviews
Super nice family campground

It's totally worth the visit. It's on the Illinois river and is very well kept. Full hookups. Nice staff. Beautiful.

Great stop over for I40 travelers

Perfect stop over location. Level lots. Super clean bathhouses. Friendly & helpful staff.

Only negative is interstate noise so be prepared if you are in a tent or pop-up.

Dogwood Campground at Eufaula State Park.

we stayed in our travel trailer for 3 days/ nights. The campground is clean and well maintained. Level cement pads and paved roads. this campground has full hookups whereas the other campground in the park has electric/water only. The spots at the back of the campground are more spacious than the ones at the front. There are bathrooms/showers but since we did not use those facilities since we have a trailer I can’t comment on them. I did notice a laundry room on site and there is a small playground, not much play equipment but plenty of room around it for playing ball, frisbee etc. They also have a basketball goal but it backs up to a wooded area, so if you shoot don’t miss the backboard ;) the whole campground is surrounded by woods. We tried out the ‘beach’ trail but there was no beach on the other end. There has been a ton of rain recently though so the water is likely further in than normal. The paved road throughout the camp is great for walking. Tent camping is also available in this park. The other campground and Nature Center are just up the road as well as the visitors center and Ranger station. Stables are located nearby where you can pay to ride horses and a 3-D archery range is also located close by. Of course there are lots of activities all around Lake Eufaula - boating, fishing, swimming etc. we mainly just enjoyed the peacefulness of the campground while we were there. The park is located not far off of I-40. The check in time is pretty late in the day, but then so is checkout. Would definitely stay there again. Our site had a cement picnic table, grill and fire pit.

Nice and clean

We stayed on campsite 39. It was by the boat ramp. We were there at the first of April and it was beautiful. Scores of down and dead oak laying all around the campgrounds. Vault toilets were fairly clean on our side. Its pretty quiet but I’m fairly sensitive to road noise when I’m camping. And I can hear the highway for sure. But I haven’t found a place in Oklahoma where I can’t so far.

Beautiful park

We were so surprised with this park because we’d hardly even heard of it. The campsites were plentiful with beautiful views of the lake. It was early in the season so not very busy. The sites were clean and easy to navigate. We enjoyed the nature center, getting to view a bald eagle and coyote. The lodge is very nice and would definitely recommend to someone who doesn’t want to rough it. I’d like to come back in the summer to take advantage of the pool. We walked along the fitness trail and tried out the recommended activities for fun. We then took one of the longer trails that winds throughout the park. These trails were not well marked but they made for a great Oklahoma hike. We fished near the group camp area as a storm was brewing and we wanted to be near a picnic shelter. The lake is very pretty, would definitely recommend for kayak or boating. The o my issues we had was, we needed a shower and the camp showers which are coin operated did not have hot water as indicated. Made for a very chilly rinse. All in all we will be back!

Beautiful great hikes

This campground is great! Here are some things I absolutely loved:

• Great/clean campground. This is something I really appreciate about a campground. People seem to pick up after each other. If you see garbage somewhere, please pick it up. Helps so much!!
  • Hiking. We did a nearby hike named Hillside Trail and it was gorgeous. The views were stunning!! We did it early in the morning to beat the crowds and it was perfect. About 7 miles rountrip with a little elevation gain.
  • Close to water. We went for the day and played in a lake nearby. It was about a 15 minute drive away!

make sure to bring lots of water if you plan to hike because it does get warm! Also bug spray, sunglasses, and some good snacks!

Large

This place was beautiful in spring

Quiet and peaceful

It was great. I took my boys, 8 and 18 year old. Very quiet and felt secluded even though the campsites were about 75% full. Tent camped with electrical hook-ups which I wasn't expecting. I think it was only$14 a days. Went hiking the next day on the trails around the lake and mountain

Beautiful sunsets, quit and very clean. Two playgrounds and a clean bath/shower house. We love camping here.

Fine- Could Get Crowded in Summer

I stopped at Highway 9 Landing while driving from Taos, NM to Nashville, TN. Just a little ways off the highway it was a nice place to spend the night right on Oklahoma's biggest lake (at least the biggest that's entirely within the state of OK). Midweek in mid-October the campground was all but deserted. The only sounds I could hear were the roadway across the lake, birds, and lapping water.

In the off season the bathrooms were sort of clean-ish. Sites have picnic tables and grills and some have good flat spots for tents but I got the feeling that it was a campground more geared to RV and van camping.

There's a marina on one side of the campground and I can imagine that in the summer there's lots of activity on the lake making this a very lively campground. It was a fine campground just not my cup of tea. (Also the sunset was incredible)

Nice, MOST of the time.

We've stayed in the Hickory Point camping area twice this year (2018). It was nice. The bathrooms/facilities are CLEAN. The camp host is VERY nice. Our only struggle was neighbors with outdoor speakers. It seems like that could be monitored a little better.

A comfortable place to stay. Not "stacked in" like sardines! CLEAN!

Blue Bill Point was recommended to us last spring (2018), and we've stayed there at least 5 weekends (some extended). The sites are not too close to each other. There are 'full hook-ups," partial, primitive, and day use. We've never encountered loud music or disrespectful neighbors. The swim area is perfect for our toddler grandsons, as it's a slow decline.

Return trip already planned

Excellent place to camp! Already planned next trip

First and Last time

Very disappointed. RV barely fit, site too narrow. Gate attendants were very friendly and helpful.

Taylor Ferry

Great place to camp and boat. Good fishing spots as well.

Sequoyah state park

Great for family tips! Lots of camping spots and a bunch of hiking. Good area to fish and boat as well.

Standing Rock Park went South!

Camping is now prohibited due to being inhabited by druggies. No camping, no water, no restrooms, no dumpster. Access Only to boatramp. Very rough area…

Updated and awesome

For an RV/Trailer camper this place is amazing. Multiple campgrounds within the park. Our favorite is Choctaw with full hookups. Sites are cement and level. All have table, charcoal grill and fire ring. Close to the lake, about 100 yards. Other area are just as good. Other areas don't have septic but each has a dump station. Tent campers have nice areas also.

Labor Day Weekend

Trails were maintained well. Lake was not overly active. Showers were a bit of anomaly. Had to pay .50 cents for 3 minutes. wasn’t bad just awkward. Shouldn’t shower while camping anyways but overall good trip especially for Labor Day Weekend. Will camp here again.

Close to home

camp here often, nice restrooms and showers, fairly spread out sites, boat loading and dock's. nice little playground too

Great spot

Memorial weekend and very few people. sets on the Arkansas river. Needs some work on the restrooms and showers.

Great campground

Great shoreline sites. Showers are clean. Swim area and three boat ramps.

My favorite on Tenkiller

Only seven 50 amp spots and no sewer sites but the campground is great. Store outside gate. Gates going in locked at 10:00 p.m. and open at 6:00 a.m.

Cool out of the way camping

Trout stream and large striped bass. Nice sites and boat ramp.

No longer maintained by Corps

Grounds are all grown over.

Great place to camp and fish

Mini docks at sites make it nice for fishing. The sites are close to water.

Quiet beauty

Nice little lake and not too busy. Family oriented.

Best camping on the Illinois River

The showers are great. Camp sites are well maintained. Fire rings, grills and picnic tables on sites. Sewer hookups on RV sites and nice tent camping sites. Store has what you will need and it's on the best part of river for floating. Security at gate keeps the riff raff from cruising the grounds.

Best place to camp if you have a family...

This place has everything, movie theater, horse riding, a train that goes around the park, golf carts, tons of activities for the entire family… Swiming pool and all… We go every chance we get, my kids love it….

This campground is very peaceful. It is a great place to stay with family.

There are 2 sides to this campground. Each has a boat ramp, with loading docks. There are showers and bathrooms. One side has a playground and swimming area. The camp is always clean and the camp hosts are very pleasant and helpful.