Kingston , MISSOURI

Most Recent Kingston Camping Reviews
Quick getaway

Close to Kansas City so it makes a great quick getaway. Clean, friendly, and right next to Smithville Lake. Our pick for a short trip.

Great campground

Camped at all loops, great sites!

Ok but not on the lake

City ran park

In the City

This campground caters to the seasonal worker (someone working in KC area for 6-12 months). Bathrooms are clean, laundry room is new and pool is good. Sites are close together but was not a problem. Close to everything because you are in the city. Everyone here is nice and helpful.

Clean But Dated With Lots of Long Term Renters

We visited Basswood Country RV Resort in October 2020. All in all our experience was a positive one, but prospective visitors should know that there is a large section of long term renters that you must drive through to get to the short term sites. This gave the impression that this was less a vacation park and more of a trailer park. The facilities were clean, but older. The site we stayed in was large and level.

Great affordable RV Park

Stayed here for 2 weeks, clean cut and straight forward park. Functions like a campsite with a registration box. Can’t beat $20 a night for full hookup. Small park right next to it that the kids enjoyed. 20 sites total but less than half were occupied. It’s a very small town, one restaurant (breakfast here was good didn’t get to try the lunch) and one bar walking distance away, and everyone we came across was very friendly. City is 50mins away but an easy drive. We would definitely go back if we’re in the area again.

Convenient Campground to Escape the City

This was the first campground I visited with my new camper. It was easy to book online, the attendants were very nice, and the campground was well maintained. The only thing I did not like was some sites were shared and not individual.

Small park

This is a very small park and go for just an overnight stay.

Couldn’t Find it!

My review is about location and the accessibility. I really wanted to stay here but I couldn’t find it. I drove around 5 times Of anyone knows where or how to find it reply or post photos how, I’d really like to try it out one time.

NO TENTS

its not tent friendly owner was a total a hole towards this bikepacker "this is a rv park im not loosing my license over a tent"