Clarence , MISSOURI

Most Recent Clarence Camping Reviews
It's a pretty good campground

Our site was a good ways away from the road, and they're pretty generous with their firewood. Their bathrooms are pretty old though. All in all we enjoyed our stay.

Large campground area

I felt like we were in the deep woods. Not much grassy areas. Electric sites only. I felt there were not enough Shower houses or toilets for amount of camping spaces. Now for the great things about this camping are. Camping spots divided into three areas. Puma, Coyote and Badger. The Badger area was closed. I found the site 98 in the Puma area quite nice with a little more grassy area. The shower hose was very nice and clean. There were a few sites with semi view of the water. I recommend 77 and 82. Wonderful boat ramp off the beach. Great for kayaks. Nice fishing area. All in all a pretty good camp.

For $13 a night it works

Entrance to the park is not far off the road, but its 2 miles into the campground as you pass the swimming hole and rentals. We stayed 2 nights on a basic (no hook-ups) unlevel site with our 40' ft diesel. Now I say unlevel, if you dont have leveling Jack's and some boards you might be tipsy. We were able to get level, but to be fair for this review who may not have jacks, come prepared. We had 3 sites all were very unlevel. Our sites were private, primitive, and beautiful. We enjoyed our stay. The camp host was friendly and even delivered wood. Unfortunately the wood was went. Not his fault. If you have any atv, dirt bikes, this is the place to come. Trails all over. We were not bothered by anyone or the sounds, of course you could hear them but at dusk everyone had to be off the trails. Would return to this state park, maybe next time with an ATV.

Dirt Bike Four Wheel Haven

Well what can I say. I had high hopes for this one. Only offers basic and electric sites in small camping are. One shower house that was ok. Very loud and not a family place to camp. Great dirt bike trails and sever lakes. You can kayak and fish. I wouldn’t recommend swimming even at the designated beach. Had one lake with kayak/canoe rentals. Could be fun for day use. Would be great for riding! All in all not a place I would camp.

Good site

I had a great time here. The roads were paved, signs were marked clearly. Good connection on the phone service as well. Only issue I had was the amount of bugs that were everywhere. When I stepped out it felt like I was walking through a thousand spider webs everywhere. The bathrooms aren’t that clean either. That being said though, bugs are to be expected of a campground. Other than that though it was quiet and it was a nice stop.

Very clean and quiet campground

Bathrooms could have used more attention especially with the times, beach was nice and clean but could use a bathroom close by

Decent Activities, OK Camping

The campground was average, as were the amenities- but the activities offered were enjoyable (kayak rentals, walking trails- these were shared with dirt bikes, horses, etc.) The lake water was fine for kayaking but we definitely did not want to swim in it. The Park Ranger was unfriendly, and we read reviews of similar experiences written in the campground office guestbook when renting the kayaks.

Not likely to return.

All sorts of activities

I have two dogs. They are friendly, but get rather rambunctious when they see other dogs. I prefer sites that I can keep them tucked away.

On the electric sites - sites 1-10 are in an area with lots of trees and shade, while sites 11-17 are more open, but still have a few trees for shade.

We stayed in the premium electric spot #15. It felt roomy and was close to the bathrooms. If your like me, and prefer a tucked away spot, go for #17 (no immediate neighbors to your left).

The park itself is delightful. There are hiking, biking and water trails. Hiking trail was really nice with a surprise waterfall! Because the majority of campers were out in their ATV’s, we had the hiking trail all to ourselves. The kayak/canoe loop trail is nifty as there is no need to park a car in another location.

Bathrooms were well kept. Shower house was just ok.

Perfect location!

Stayed in coyote campground. Super close to hiking trails and the shower house was clean. Mostly non RV people here which made it a bit quieter. Still close to all the action and not far from the historical stuff or the town of Florida. This campground looks a little more primitive but it does have cabins, primitive and full hookups. This would be my vote for when we come back here.

Lots to do here but mostly just able to get away from the craziness. Hosts were great! Chatted with them for a bit and they are super experienced and very helpful. Positive is they are located right at the front.

They are doing some work on some of the gravel pads so some sites are closed but it’s all for the better so no complaints.

Serene, but beware of ticks!

This area has a lot to offer. We chose this campground bc it wasn’t as busy as others and there are some nice riding trails for bikes. We explored a lot of the woods and came out with a lot of ticks, both lonestar and deer. The ticks don’t take away from the place but you do need to be aware. The hosts were super friendly and when a problem arose they took care of it right away. Lots of families with kids riding bikes by the campground. Our site, 87, backs up to a cliff with water below after a short hike through the woods it opens to the lake.

Mark Twain and the town of Florida is right about 7 miles away so there is some educational stuff as well. As of now tho it is all shut down bc of covid restrictions. Monroe City is about 20 miles away if you need anything.

We would say site 79 was the best and anything in that little group was pretty awesome and secluded.

Lots of boating and fishing to be had! Enjoy!