The best GROUP camping near
Mayersville , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Mayersville Camping Reviews
nice

great little park really beautiful, tight spots but nice stay will go back ,and the pool is a plus

Ok for last minute

It was a last minute booking, for a holiday weekend, after a major hurricane. Campground was nice, nice & clean bathhouses, nice pool[closed due to pandemic]. Cabins looked nice, too. Just have to be careful what sight you book, because I almost never got my camper level in sight #21. All in all, I would make a return trip

Pros: Large clean bathhouse, large level campsites, on site laundry facilities, walking trails and a lake. Very cool cabins on the water and visitors center.

Cons:Water playground broken on hot August days. Very little shade in the campground.

Nice place to visit

Campground has large, level sites. Some are pull through and some you back in. Some have just electric and water hookups and some also have sewage. If you select a non sewage system like I did there is a dump station available in the campground. There’s a water playground which would have been amazing since it is so hot but it’s broken. I stayed here in site #49. I would definitely return. Easy walk to the lake especially from this campsite.

Not many trees

Nice state park. Almost all the sites are very level. Water and electric hookups. Nice walking trails. Bathhouse and laundry facilities. Cabins on the water are really cool! They’re on stilts on the lake, not lakeside on the lake itself! Also they have lodged available. I am probably going back to this place soon. You can hear a train in the distance but it’s not super loud. The park beach, picnic area, marina and camp store are not in the campground but about two miles down the highway. Also in the area but not in the campground area itself are a wildlife park and a golf course.

The views are beautiful

The lady at the gate was mildly rude. Or maybe the previous place was just that friendly. She seemed as though I was a bother to her, getting checked in. She may have been tired or had other things on her mind though. At the spot, I understand we are in nature, but I was very shocked at all of the poison oak at the sites. Otherwise, it is very quiet with friendly neighbors. I didn’t use the showers, but the bathhouse was clean and pretty. The spots were easy to back in to. I would return. I’d really like to walk around the town and get pictures of all the beautiful churches!

A lovely spot

Great flat spots with lots of shade and woods feeling. I really like it.

Great stopping place

This place is easy… pretty and cheap.  I'm near a decent sized pool the kids have enjoyed. A big pond with little fishing boats and ducks. There are beautiful flowers and trees. I think they allow horses but I didnt venture too far.

Nice little campground

Upgrades have recently been made to a good campground. Nice small fishing lake and swimming pool modern bath houses really nice cabins.

Amazing state park, sadly underfunded. Still worth a trip.

Pretty state park, swimming pool during summer, gorgeous trails on an enchanting bayou, wooded back in slots with a camp host, not much to do in Bastrop but this park is a great attraction. No sewage but there is a dump station. There is also tent camping, cabins, and equestrian camping and trails but there have been budget cuts that prevent horse trail maintenance and road repairs, so you don’t know what you’ll get sometimes. The park has playgrounds and pavilions.