The best GROUP camping near
Hickory Flat , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Hickory Flat Camping Reviews
Quiet, inexpensive nature setting campground

Remotely located but still close to major roads. We came in with a 38’ RV not much problem with spaces but be aware of trees on both sides of spaces. We were given space #60 but would not have been able to open slides because of trees so we took another space. Most of them are not leveled. Water and electric hookups. We saw a momma dear and her baby cross the road. Lots of trees and leaves everywhere. It’s fall. For the price it can’t be beat. We paid senior price $16.

Nice and quiet

New to fulltime rv life we chose to spend a week at this quiet off the beaten path campground on our way west . This place offers nice concrete pads with full hookups that are relatively level. Water level in Enid Lake was very low so the swimming beach was closed. That was kind of a bummer because Temps were in the 80's. Our Verizon signal was strong enough to browse and stream with no issues but the over the air TV channels were non existent. The nearest town of any size is Batesville about 30 miles north if you need a Walmart. The price is right at 20 bucks a night and we don't regret stopping over here one bit.

Love it

As luck would have it, we spotted this place on our Natchez Trace Parkway map and decided we had enough driving for the day. Beautiful setting among the trees and right next to the lake. Level, fire pits, charcoal grills, picnic tables, water and electric all for 20.00 a night and we didn’t qualify for any discount. Already decided we’re staying another night!

Pretty basic campground

Good place to stop on the way to somewhere else. If you’re allergic to poison ivy, watch out. The stuff is everywhere!

Quiet

Due to the "pandemic" the park was a little short staffed but the gentleman there was very helpful once he got to the office. I was only there for the one night but it was beautifully quiet and fairly well kept. I'd stay there again for sure.

Quiet

Nice basic campground

Park is very pretty but needs some TLC to its facilities. Spoke with Norma when headed to campground and she said a tree had fallen on road to our campsite. Had call in to rangers to clear it. She called us back that afternoon and it was cleared. Our breaker box kept tripping so may have been something wrong with electric hookup. Not crowded at all.

Remote & Serene

This state park is definitely “off the beaten path” — but if you’re looking for a quiet location, with few spaces for additional RV’s; this may be for you. (In total, there may be 18.. but they were not all occupied during our visit.) RV spacing is not bad.. most with full hookups.

The green space; natural habitat and night sounds get high marks from us.

Apple “Maps” took us on an interesting way to get to the park from the interstate.. we were concerned about low hanging tree limbs with our rig; but everything turned out ok.

If you like to jog; this is a great space for it. And, if you like disc golf, there’s an entire course.

We will be back.

Whitten Park COE

October 17=18, 2019. Site 40 (walk-up) had electric and water. Park had dump station, laundry room, clean restrooms with showers and flush toilets, Verizon 2 bars. See RV Camping Journal for more details.

To Each His Own

The park was nice but it's not my style of camping or at least not my site #008. My view was surrounded by campers, felt packed in like a sardine. (At the entrance to the camp sites seem to be the best ones, they'd be on the left as you enter) Some it may not bother them but I like more open wide spaces with my view of trees or a lake at least. Bathrooms were okay. No gate after hours. Very quiet though. Hiking was nice and there are many trails. Staff was Very friendly!!