The best WALK IN camping near
Friars Point , MISSISSIPPI

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Friars Point Camping Reviews
Really cool spot!

This place is a gem if you’re a tent camper. We have camped here once, but most of the time it is closed. I am not sure why. Nice little spot with about 8 tent sites. No hookups of any kind for campers. Bathrooms are currently closed, but we’re nice when we stayed there, but old. Drinking water is available. A short walk to Sardis Lower Lake. There can be a bit of traffic noise as it is nestled between two roads.

Odd spot with a view

This is a nice little spot because of the view. No hook ups of any kind, this is a tent only kind of place. That being said, there was a really sketchy looking van parked with a tent hanging out. They looked to have been there a long while. Bathrooms are closed, and have been for some time. For $8 you could do worse.

Great COE campground!

This is a great little COE campground on Sardis lower lake. It is clean and well maintained. Bathrooms/showers are clean and work well. They have a courtesy dock for boats and a fishing pier with benches. A nice little playground in the center of the park. It can get a little crowded at times, but that’s a good sign!

Not the Safest

Pretty bare bones, dirt sites were easy to maneuver in and out of, but I had to disconnect for my overnight here and I did not feel very safe. The only neighbor I met was selling 5 week old pit bulls, which was very concerning if you are a dog lover or advocate. The next morning, I had a 10” rod deep in the side of my wheel - coincidence? I was ready to get out of there!

Finally fixing this one up

This is an old campground. The sites are not well marked, so make sure you get there during daylight. We have camped here a few times, as it is relatively close to home. They are finally beginning to work on the other side of the campground to get it opened back up. This has the potential to be a great spot. Most of the sites on the edges are in the sun most of the day, so be aware of that. The park is nice and peaceful, with plenty of fishing and boating opportunities. No real hiking to speak of, one short trail nearby.

Great for families

Loved camping so close to the water! Clean, nice facilities. Not the best swimming hole, but great for boats and paddling!

Awful

It’s really hard for me to give 1 star for anything, but this place is a dump. This is the 3rd MS State Park (North MS) we have been to and it is clear that MS does not take care of its state parks. Only half of the park is open, the grass was overgrown, trash/garbage is littered every where (especially near the open dumpsters that are randomly placed throughout camp), the ranger only came around to collect fees and then disappeared. The bathroom does not have AC or a fan, so it was a total sweat box. The toilet paper was not replenished, there is no hand soap, there was broken glass on the ground in one of the stalls. The shower portion wasn’t that bad, but again, no AC. The water hook ups are at least 100 foot away from most camp sites, so bring lots of extra hose if you do end up staying here. The site #’s are not clearly marked and they do not post if a site is reserved. No designated fire pits, so people have been just burning where ever they want. The fee is $22 a night, but they will charge you another $16 if you put up a tent. Overall, I paid $39 to stay in the worst campground we have ever gone to. Get it together Mississippi!

August 2020

Campground needs work and mowing. Fishing is pretty good most days.

Pleasant place to Relax

May be I might have done camping very few time but, out of all this the best Camping site ever. Very pleasant environment, easy access to water body, clean restrooms and showers, electricity and water tap for every site.