The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Flora , MISSISSIPPI

Camping Mississippi Flora Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Flora Camping Reviews
Great for us

Needed a place to stay a night, helpful staff, quite, nice facilities.

Very Nice, well kept

We just stayed overnight but it was very nice. Easily accessible from highway but felt like we were not in the middle of the city. Went for a nice walk this morning and saw a gator. This will be a great place for us to kickstart our trips since we typically leave right after work and can only drive a little that first night.

Really enjoyed this place

We stayed in N28 in a 38’ gooseneck and the concrete pad was pretty much level. In fact, most sites are really level with minimal effort needed to finish leveling. Electric and water were easily accessible. The boat slip and canal were nice but crowded on Saturday morning. Very quiet campground and super clean. The office staff were very friendly and accommodating. My grandkids wanted to swim and they opened the pool gate for them to be able to swim. Did get stung by wasp on the pier, but that was not the campgrounds fault.

Middle of the city gem!

This MS state park is smack dab in the middle of Jackson, MS. It is snuggled in the woods along a river. The bathrooms and sites were clean. Every site has a beautiful view. We stayed next to the river and encountered wildlife right away - gators, rabbits, birds. The trails are lovely, easy walks through cypress swamps and dry forest. One way the trail leads to a dam with old structures and great fishing opportunities, the other fork leads you to the museum of natural science! My children loved that!!! Upon checkout we had a nice converaation with the ranger. We cant wait to go back!

Made the best of it

I booked a site that we did not know anything about. This was the first time we stayed in the newer loop. We had tent camped in the older section about 5 year’s ago and had a wonderful time. When we arrived on Thursday evening to our site I didn’t know if it was going to be wide enough to let the steps down without fall into the 6 ft ditch. After some measuring of the slide outs and maneuvering over 6 inches from the electrical pole. We set up camp. I had to dig up the sewer tap that was running up hill. We made the best of it by setting everything up in front of the camper. The picnic table and fire pit was on the opposite side of the camper up hill with about 8 inches of pine needles going up. Not practical. So we didn’t use that area. Most of the sites were the same way with the picnic area on the opposite side of camper. The lake area was nice, did some fishing out of the canoe and kayaking when there wasn’t 30 boats out. Lake was closed for swimming. Overall we made the best of it. We will definitely not be staying at site 45 again. Staff was friendly and there were park rangers riding by all the time. There are definitely better sites, not all.

More a long term facility

I am not sure if this is truly a campground. It’s very convenient to the Vicksburg National Military Park and I20. However the place seems to be geared to long-term permanent residents.

Surprised by this Park

Stopped here as a halfway point to our destination. Stayed two nights and now wish we did more. The campgrounds were spacious and level. The trails were Peaceful and I loved all the nature you see everywhere. Had my morning coffee and watched a 7ft gator swimming and paying us no mind. Most amazing thing I've seen. I'm a city dweller that loves nature so this was a first for me with the gator sighting in the wild. Restrooms were clean, no luck fishing but that's okay it was just great just sitting there. Love that it was close to town because one night we decided to just go out for dinner. Very quiet and I'd stay here again and again.

Great for kayaking

I love local so we have been many times just to walk around or let the dogs swim, but have never camped. They offer canoe and kayak rentals. We own our own but have kayaked through this stretch of strong river many times. It’s a nice peaceful trip. As for the campground, the park is run down and the river is usually crowded with swimmers in the summer. There are a lot of poisonous snakes at this spot so be aware of your surroundings

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

We stayed for 2 nights in site 83, which is on the lake. Kayaking, boating, swimming, and fishing! Beautiful grounds, nice level site. Some sites weren't as pretty. This one has a view of the lake, very spacious site, and lots of shade trees. I don't recommend the bath house, too many spiders!!! Cabins available, but they didn't appear to be in the best of condition. No store. Pets are welcome.

Quaint little spot

Located near the upper end of the Ross Barnett Reservoir. This site is not on the Reservoir. It is 1/2 to 1 mile from the water. It does have full water, electric and waste water hook ups. Sites range from full sun to full shade. The is a lake at the site that does have fish in it. The place is maintained pretty good and does have washer and dryers on site. The bath houses were closed when I stayed there. You must make reservations prior to arriving. You will need a code to open the gate.