The best GROUP camping near
Flint Hill , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Flint Hill Camping Reviews
Awesome!

Camping for our anniversary! Drinking morning coffee by this beautiful scenery was amazing!

Older park

Tombigbee SP

Elvis was born in Tupelo, Mississippi and Tombigbee SP is a good spot to base your exploration out of.

I overnighted here enroute to Alabama. It wasn’t the best maintained or newest park , however it was small and quiet. Something that had me confused my first time around the loop was the orange cones blocking the sites. Then I guessed that meant the site was reserved. The shower house had washers and dryers in the middle area. The building was clean and maintained. It was centrally located. Across the street was a nice big field, playground and baseball diamond. The trails and disc golf was in the same area. There’s also a small lake with a dock. Otherwise Tombigbee SP really wasn’t that memorable.

Decent place to stay

This KOA is a decent place. We arrived after the office was closed. We had called ahead and they had a site saved for us. The only issue was, we could not find the site. It was a tent site and we could not find the assigned one. Being the off season and not crowded we just grabbed an empty site. The map they left only had the tent area not individual tent sites marked.

Bathrooms and showers were exceptionally clean. Grounds were clean. Very quiet place. I would stay here again. I looked like all the camper sites were clean and level.

Only reason for the 4 stars and not 5 is due to the site we were assigned to not being marked. Other than that it would be a 5.

Part 2: We had a mechanical issue with one of our motorcycles and the staff at the KOA went out of there way to assist us. They gave us a break on the 2nd night stay due to our situation. Changing this to a 5!!

Love it

As luck would have it, we spotted this place on our Natchez Trace Parkway map and decided we had enough driving for the day. Beautiful setting among the trees and right next to the lake. Level, fire pits, charcoal grills, picnic tables, water and electric all for 20.00 a night and we didn’t qualify for any discount. Already decided we’re staying another night!

Great, clean state park

This is one of my family’s favorite parks. Some great waterfront spots available with full hookups, but book early. New online state system used to make reservations and get the spot you want. Clean beach, boat rentals and clean bath houses. This park gets full in the fall with campers and people who come down for the football games. Playgrounds for the kids and plenty of foot trails.

Quiet

Due to the "pandemic" the park was a little short staffed but the gentleman there was very helpful once he got to the office. I was only there for the one night but it was beautifully quiet and fairly well kept. I'd stay there again for sure.

Quiet

Remote & Serene

This state park is definitely “off the beaten path” — but if you’re looking for a quiet location, with few spaces for additional RV’s; this may be for you. (In total, there may be 18.. but they were not all occupied during our visit.) RV spacing is not bad.. most with full hookups.

The green space; natural habitat and night sounds get high marks from us.

Apple “Maps” took us on an interesting way to get to the park from the interstate.. we were concerned about low hanging tree limbs with our rig; but everything turned out ok.

If you like to jog; this is a great space for it. And, if you like disc golf, there’s an entire course.

We will be back.

Whitten Park COE

October 17=18, 2019. Site 40 (walk-up) had electric and water. Park had dump station, laundry room, clean restrooms with showers and flush toilets, Verizon 2 bars. See RV Camping Journal for more details.

To Each His Own

The park was nice but it's not my style of camping or at least not my site #008. My view was surrounded by campers, felt packed in like a sardine. (At the entrance to the camp sites seem to be the best ones, they'd be on the left as you enter) Some it may not bother them but I like more open wide spaces with my view of trees or a lake at least. Bathrooms were okay. No gate after hours. Very quiet though. Hiking was nice and there are many trails. Staff was Very friendly!!

Year 2021 Flag