The best GROUP camping near
Calhoun City , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Calhoun City Camping Reviews
Decent place to stay

This KOA is a decent place. We arrived after the office was closed. We had called ahead and they had a site saved for us. The only issue was, we could not find the site. It was a tent site and we could not find the assigned one. Being the off season and not crowded we just grabbed an empty site. The map they left only had the tent area not individual tent sites marked.

Bathrooms and showers were exceptionally clean. Grounds were clean. Very quiet place. I would stay here again. I looked like all the camper sites were clean and level.

Only reason for the 4 stars and not 5 is due to the site we were assigned to not being marked. Other than that it would be a 5.

Part 2: We had a mechanical issue with one of our motorcycles and the staff at the KOA went out of there way to assist us. They gave us a break on the 2nd night stay due to our situation. Changing this to a 5!!

Love it

As luck would have it, we spotted this place on our Natchez Trace Parkway map and decided we had enough driving for the day. Beautiful setting among the trees and right next to the lake. Level, fire pits, charcoal grills, picnic tables, water and electric all for 20.00 a night and we didn’t qualify for any discount. Already decided we’re staying another night!

Quiet

Due to the "pandemic" the park was a little short staffed but the gentleman there was very helpful once he got to the office. I was only there for the one night but it was beautifully quiet and fairly well kept. I'd stay there again for sure.

Quiet

Remote & Serene

This state park is definitely “off the beaten path” — but if you’re looking for a quiet location, with few spaces for additional RV’s; this may be for you. (In total, there may be 18.. but they were not all occupied during our visit.) RV spacing is not bad.. most with full hookups.

The green space; natural habitat and night sounds get high marks from us.

Apple “Maps” took us on an interesting way to get to the park from the interstate.. we were concerned about low hanging tree limbs with our rig; but everything turned out ok.

If you like to jog; this is a great space for it. And, if you like disc golf, there’s an entire course.

We will be back.

To Each His Own

The park was nice but it's not my style of camping or at least not my site #008. My view was surrounded by campers, felt packed in like a sardine. (At the entrance to the camp sites seem to be the best ones, they'd be on the left as you enter) Some it may not bother them but I like more open wide spaces with my view of trees or a lake at least. Bathrooms were okay. No gate after hours. Very quiet though. Hiking was nice and there are many trails. Staff was Very friendly!!

Pleasant place to Relax

May be I might have done camping very few time but, out of all this the best Camping site ever. Very pleasant environment, easy access to water body, clean restrooms and showers, electricity and water tap for every site.

Beautiful location

Wow! In the middle off Mississippi just a few miles off Natchez Trace parkway is this lovely little campground on a lake. And super affordable. We planned on only staying 1 night but we like it so much we will make it two nights.

Nice and Quiet

Aside from mediocre fire rings and an absorbent amount of weird centipede bugs, the site is well maintained and a great stay. Only a short walk from the beach and the bugs aren’t too bad. The campground is also very quiet which is ideal.