The best WALK IN camping near
Bolton , MISSISSIPPI

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Bolton Camping Reviews
Beautiful but noisy

This park is literally in the middle of Jackson, Mississippi in a beautiful setting. The lake was lovely and we saw herons, cranes, turtles and deer. The sites are right on the lake and the shower house was convenient and clean. It’s also secure; you have to have a code to enter and exit the park. The only problem was the sounds of the city. We heard sirens all night (it was Halloween night) and there is a recycling plant nearby and the sounds of crushing metal were really loud until about 11. In our tents we had to resort to earplugs. Great location. Picnic tables and fire rings.

Nice quiet campground

Big paved spaces . Wi-Fi and att coverage works great . Casino bus not running in oct as of 26. It’s a good 1/2 to 1 mile hard walk to casino. Heritage restaurant open . $14.95 for a cafeteria type meal . They have someone serving behind the buffet which was about 1/4 of the normal food. Entrance could be easily missed. It sits off main road.

Good Stopover!

Pretty campground with small pool. If you want a spot after office closes make sure you make a reservation and they will leave everything in their drop box for you. Has laundry, propane services and lots of mature trees for shade. Have garbage pickup services too. Friendly staff and takes Escapees discount which is 15% which is better than Good Sam. Historical attractions nearby as is a casino. Would definitely come back again.

Great for us

Needed a place to stay a night, helpful staff, quite, nice facilities.

Really enjoyed this place

We stayed in N28 in a 38’ gooseneck and the concrete pad was pretty much level. In fact, most sites are really level with minimal effort needed to finish leveling. Electric and water were easily accessible. The boat slip and canal were nice but crowded on Saturday morning. Very quiet campground and super clean. The office staff were very friendly and accommodating. My grandkids wanted to swim and they opened the pool gate for them to be able to swim. Did get stung by wasp on the pier, but that was not the campgrounds fault.

More a long term facility

I am not sure if this is truly a campground. It’s very convenient to the Vicksburg National Military Park and I20. However the place seems to be geared to long-term permanent residents.

Quiet and Pretty

A great family atmosphere. Sites were roomy. Electric and water. Dump station available. Did not see the park host, but we reserved online. Bathrooms were clean (except the corners had cobwebs). Hiking, biking, and kayaking. We were at site 64, which is directly on the lake. Concrete pad, that was pretty level. 25 dollars a night.

Surprised by this Park

Stopped here as a halfway point to our destination. Stayed two nights and now wish we did more. The campgrounds were spacious and level. The trails were Peaceful and I loved all the nature you see everywhere. Had my morning coffee and watched a 7ft gator swimming and paying us no mind. Most amazing thing I've seen. I'm a city dweller that loves nature so this was a first for me with the gator sighting in the wild. Restrooms were clean, no luck fishing but that's okay it was just great just sitting there. Love that it was close to town because one night we decided to just go out for dinner. Very quiet and I'd stay here again and again.

Great for kayaking

I love local so we have been many times just to walk around or let the dogs swim, but have never camped. They offer canoe and kayak rentals. We own our own but have kayaked through this stretch of strong river many times. It’s a nice peaceful trip. As for the campground, the park is run down and the river is usually crowded with swimmers in the summer. There are a lot of poisonous snakes at this spot so be aware of your surroundings

Great stopping place

This place is easy… pretty and cheap.  I'm near a decent sized pool the kids have enjoyed. A big pond with little fishing boats and ducks. There are beautiful flowers and trees. I think they allow horses but I didnt venture too far.