Camping in Raintown

Recent RVs Reviews Near Raintown, Indiana

284 Reviews of 54 Raintown, Indiana Campgrounds

A
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Great for a relaxing weekend!

Not a ton of hiking trails but the site was shaded and good size and the pool was really nice! Very quiet even though it was packed, and there were tons of families around. Will definitely keep on our list!

k
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Nice wooded spots

We had spot 234, big, wooded, close to clean shower house, close to playground. State park is great hiking. Avoid the inner part of that loop if you want any shade, it is an open area.

Brett K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Great group camping

We stayed for a long weekend. Large group set up in sites 236-244. Great shaded area. Lots of play space for the kids.

• looking up the road from 243
  • looking up the road from 243
Rowan G.
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Good amenities, great proximity to state park

Site 91 was tucked away in a more forested area away from RVs. Did a nice kayaking loop using their service. Had everything you needed, very chill experience. Will return fsho.

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Shades State Park

Rustic camping; does have water fill station but contrary to the information does not have water hookups for RVs in the sites. Does have dump station and showers. Sites very close together so little privacy. At least one site even next to dumpster. Seems they crammed too many sites into campground.…

• site 91
  • site 91
Kevin D.
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Clean-good trails

Stayed Spring 2021. Site 108 is clean, level and well groomed. Close to bath house facilities.

Steve D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Been going here since I was a kid

I love this place. The campground is pretty packed but with hiking as good as they have, I’m not surprised. I’d definitely do some hiking and I recommend canoeing sugarcreek as well.

Emanuel R.
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Relaxing time, clean park

#JaisynsJourney enjoyed our short visit.

SiteB4 I think
Brett K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Great camping spot

Love this clean and quite campground. It has a clean lake and clean restrooms.

• near the south point of the peninsula.
Douglas B.
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Great hiking trails

Well maintained trails and campground. We love everything about this place.

Site110?
Month of VisitOctober
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

Wonderful place

So many great tent sites. Wooded. Row boats, kayaks.

Stephen & Theresa B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 3, 2021

This is a real Hidden Gem

Yellowwood State Forest, named for the environmentally unique Yellowwood tree, is 23, 326 acres located 7 miles West of the artist community of Nashville, Indiana. Nestled in the rolling hills of southern Indiana famous for it's fall leaf color displays and gorgeous vistas. Yellowwood offers 79…

• Typical Campsite
  • Entrance to Campground
  • Pit Toilets
Steve H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 2, 2021

Hiking

Decent camping sites, the camp store had basics but not much. Very few hiking trails near campground. With a park and lake of this size I would expect more hiking options.

Site005 in Poplar Grove
Katie H.
Reviewed May. 1, 2021

Beautiful place, especially during the week

We really enjoyed our stay here. We arrived on Thursday on April 29th and the place was empty. Some of the sites are pretty close together, but we booked site 41 which is a double site. I'd highly recommend this site. It backs up to Sugar Creek which is just gorgeous in the spring. We saw all kinds…

• View of site 43 (empty) and 41 (with truck and brown RV). 41 is a double site so u can park your vehicle there.
  • View of Sugar Creek from site 41 fire pit
ProfG999 The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Best campground ever!

I've traveled across the US and this is the best campground I've stayed in. First of all it's very clean which is surprising for Indiana. Back up to the river. Great views. Free hot showers! Quiet. Feels secluded though close to town. Good price too. Free wifi that worked so well we could both work…