Camping in Bennington

202 Reviews of 28 Bennington, Indiana Campgrounds

Chelsea M.
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2021

Not the worst experience

After reading negative reviews from 2020, I was hesitant that they were true. That all of the critters from Louisville flock to this area. That wasn’t entirely untrue. This place is absolutely great for people watching, but expect the quiet time hours to not be enforced and a large number of dogs…

• The yellow trail
Site30 & 24
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Beautiful area!

I love camping near water and this lake won’t disappoint! It’s beautiful here, and the amenities are clean. Plenty of flat sites to pick from, to pitch your tent as well. I’ll be sure to return soon!

Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Quick trip!

We were traveling near the Licking River, and needed a spot to pitch the tent for the night.. I never got a chance to explore past just staying the night and leaving early in the morning. I’d definitely like to come back and check out this area as it’s very beautiful here.

E
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

A quick overnight

Stopped while traveling north. Site and public areas could use a little TLC but it worked for what we needed.

Nice camping area

Nice place to camp out! I love this area, and would come back to this campground again.

Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Love camping here it was great!

We took our boat for fishing  and camped out and had a wonderful time! I highly recommend this place!

Beautiful ⛺️ camping trip

I had a great time camping  here! -  it’s a beautiful area and there’s lots to see!  I would highly recommend coming here!

Month of VisitOctober
mandi D.
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Jewel in the Rough

Best place to camp and relax. The archery range is great. We have been going here for a few years and it’s never disappointing.

J
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Nice but bathrooms need updated

The campground and area is nice. The campers are pretty much all about the water activities. The big lake is nice and long with multiple no wake areas. There are a couple of beach areas. The camp bathrooms are concrete block and pretty clean but old and need updates. Great shower pressure! The…

Site30 amp only.
J
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Beautiful, friendly campgrounds

Enjoying our stay. Owners are updating as we speak and have many more planned. No sewer hookups but have a dump station on site and honey wagon service at trailer for a fee if needed. Tent camping also available. Well off highway so. I road noise to deal with, just lots of squirrels and chipmunks.

SiteB2
K
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Great place, great time!

Stayed during covid, at a quarter the sites. They were having their Christmas in July celebration. Great time for kids and adults. Very friendly locals.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Nice, clean campground with lots to do

This is the second year we have been there.  Very cute town of Brookville for shopping and or rafting on the nearby river.  Campground very clean w/ lots of bath/shower locations.  Lots of electric site - only negative was there were very few full hook up sites so need to reserve those early. …

• Campsite
  • Campfire
FThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2021

Pleasant state park

We stayed two nights, 3 & 4 July. The park was very full and our campsite was at the very back of the park, but our "back yard" ran right to the edge of the woods so we were very secluded.

The park staff had our credentials ready when we arrived, and there was even a "Welcome" sign with our…

• Happy Birthday, America!
KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2021

Bison and more at the park

The park has some great gems and also some areas that can use some TLC (Tender Loving Care).  Check in is at 2PM and Check out is at 1PM.  What really sticks out beside the Bison are the racoons. They also have a wide variety of playgrounds so if you need more than one big toy this is the park for…

• Traditional campfire ring and pole.
  • Easy access to the dumpster at this park.
  • Playground photos
M
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2021

Small Campground Right Off I75

This is a small little campground near I75. There is a fair amount of road noise to complete with the sounds of the stream running through the CG.

Sites are fairly close together, gravel, and level.
(Our neighbors were actually parked in the grass on our site.)

Fire rings are provided.