Camping in Bear Branch

254 Reviews of 32 Bear Branch, Indiana Campgrounds

VThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2021

A truly hidden paradise

They have many activities, but we were stopping just for the night. It was a campground I would definitely go back to.

Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Wonderfully beautiful, peaceful, and friendly

This campground is located at the mouth of the Elkhorn Creek and Kentucky River. It is extremely popular among locals who want to sit in an tube float and float down the creek to the Kentucky River, a trip that takes approximately 3 to 4 hours. Note you have to bring your own tube. Nearly all of…

Sam M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2021

Nice campground with awesome hiking

This place is a neat little campground. The campground is right near a river and there are a bunch of little waterfalls in the area that you can hike to. We stayed in a tent but there’s a bunch of electric sites for RVs as well. Bathrooms weren’t bad and had showers. Sites were large and flat, but…

Connie P.
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2021

Camping is great!!

I remember coming here for years, in diapers even and I’m 47 now. Brought my kids and my grandkids. I have been there almost every weekend for the past 2 months. I absolutely love camping here and would recommend it to everyone. Thanks for so many good memories ❤️

Site98, 90, 204 just to recall a few
J
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2021

AJ jolly

First time we’ve been to the park since they added the “premium sites” what a joke. It’s terrible road it ungraded sites are in level the approach to the sites are terrible it was t planes out very well not well maintained. It would make a better off road park that a premium RV site. When we…

Sitesite 12 and 1
Carolyn M.
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2021

Nice camping on the river

We stayed in site 107 on a Sunday night and had the section all to ourselves. I think the place is quite busy on weekends though. Our son fished and we watched random people float down river. It was perfect for overnight stay passing through. I was concerned driving in as neighborhood looked a…

Lisa S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2021

The perfect weekend get away

This was perfect being only 20 minutes from our home. It was quiet and the bathrooms were super clean. The sites were flat and generous.

• playground
Site140 - 141
C
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2021

Camping made easy

Great site and view of the lake

Christina A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2021

Loved it!

Spent the weekend in the primitive sites with friends. Poured the entire weekend but had a great time.

M
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2021

Great weekend getaway

We booked 5 days before and were pleasantly surprised at how good of a site we had. Pretty level, plenty of room for our 43’ fifth wheel. We didn’t swim but the beach looked nice. We did fish a little.

SiteB19
Heidi D.
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2021

Happening Place

Busy, fun atmosphere this weekend but quiet enough in our area. We stayed across from the playground in Loop B and it felt less crowded because we were across from a field. Plenty of trees for shade. Beautiful area.

J
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2021

Kincade lake state oark

So most of the sites are fairly level left to right. Wound suggest bring leveling blocks the sites to the left on the main loop 65 to 73 are not the best they require more set up time the leg furthest to the left down by an old cemetery “ folks that donated property I guess” are nice easily…

Site65 not the best site
Ben Jason N.
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

LodgeTastic

My partner and I stayed at the campsite. Our spot was great and the hiking was super convenient and amazing! The lodge was SO awesome. A true staple of the 60’s. The food there is a must! Best brisket and pizza we’ve ever had hands down.

Sitecampgrounds
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Beautiful area!

I love camping near water and this lake won’t disappoint! It’s beautiful here, and the amenities are clean. Plenty of flat sites to pick from, to pitch your tent as well. I’ll be sure to return soon!

Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Quick trip!

We were traveling near the Licking River, and needed a spot to pitch the tent for the night.. I never got a chance to explore past just staying the night and leaving early in the morning. I’d definitely like to come back and check out this area as it’s very beautiful here.